Unique Reptile Habitat: Lizard or Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
FLYLOW22
Unique Reptile Habitat: Lizard or Snake

This is a one of a kind reptile enclosure that was custom built to be both functional and attractive. Specifically, this enclosure was designed to house any type of reptile requiring UVB lighting, safe heating, humidity and temperature control and ready access to water. I had intended to house Chinese or Australian Water Dragons. I could easily see this unit being used to house several types of medium to larger lizards and/or snakes.

This unit breaks down into 3 primary units: Top, Living Enclosure and Base Unit. The enclosure is made from tastefully finished plywood and hard woods and has a sprayed in Rhino Liner finish that locks ALL of the moisture of the enclosure INSIDE the unit while giving the appearance of rock.

The base unit provides storage underneath and all of the lighting, heating and misting equipment is located in the top area of the unit safely separated by strong metal wire fencing material that allows for conditioning your pet(s) without worry of them getting burned or escaping. The top area of the unit contains infrared heating that remains cool to the touch while delivering safe infrared heat that keeps the heating panel cool to the touch. The animals LOVE this type of heat and you don't need to worry about burning them while they bask. Spot track lighting is installed to allow you to illuminate all parts of the living area and provide additional heat, if necessary. A misting system that is connected to a timer allows you to easily provide a constant and precise % humidity level in the living area while a top-mounted fan provides for ventilation and humidity/temperature regulation. SEVERAL easy to change Repti Sun UV bulbs are installed in the top of the enclosure to provide your pet with the UV radiation it needs to properly turn it's diet into healthy calcium for strong bones.

The living area (middle portion) features a 5 gallon water pool below that you can populate with rocks, a 2 tier water fall that is equipped with a small pump and filter to move the water from the pool to the top of the waterfall. There are several ledges that will allow you reptile to find a comfy spot to relax and thermo regulate themselves. I also installed a tree and ropes that allow your pet to crawl around and get some exercise.

I was never able to use this enclosure due to an unplanned move but my lose is your gain. This unit was made to be as portable as a fish aquarium and will fit through most door openings use in residential housing.

Over all Dimensions 68" Wide x 31" Deep x 89" High (Breaks into two pieces stand and cage)

Selling for $1,000 obo. Local pickup only. St. Louis, MO

John @ 636 233 3535 or flylow22@aol.com

Several photos available.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!