Sssnakes Reptile Rescue Service Of Ohio - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 07:23 AM   #1
SnakeCharmerGuy37
Talking Sssnakes Reptile Rescue Service Of Ohio

I have 22+ years experience in dealing with every kind of reptile from turtles to toads to snakes to lizards to frogs to gators you name it ive delt with it i have been running this non -profit reptile rescue service out of my home for over 12 years now ive placed everything from gators to toads to frogs to snake to lizards some in excellent health & some with limbs lost on iggys due to inproper care & experience i will resuce regardless of length & or weight any snake,turtle,lizard,frogs,toads,gators,spiders,scr opians from any unwanted,abused,neglected,abandoned home thats in need of rescue if it swims,crawls,slithers,walks,hops ill rescue it regardless of attuide & health no questions asked never a fee if i do find a animals abused to a point all that can be done is taken in & put down i will report that condition & problem & person to the capital area humane society so charges can be filed against the owners on any abuse/neglect calls or responce i get if your unexperienced you shouldnt own a reptile or animal of any kind my suggestion would be to read books watch videos check out web sites on the animals you desire to own before going out & buying one common sense makes good sense animals are here for our learning & enjoyment dont destroy it for them or us animal lovers if im need contact me by e-mail i rescue in ohio charging no fee's any donations offered should be in form of tanks ,screen lids,reptile food,bowls,light fixtures,light bulbs,heat pads(no heat rocks) cages news paper a fee will be charged for out of state of ohio rescues for fuel cost & travel expenses only limited travel areas outside ohio include west virginia,p.a.,ill,mich no other states fee's determained later thanks CentralOhioSnakeCharmerGuy..

Old 12-22-2004, 06:04 PM   #2
sugarkornbizkits
I was wondering if you had any leopard geckos or female bearded dragons that are in need of a good home. I can adopt them if you do. It doesn't matter to me if they are missing toes/limbs/tails. I just want to provide them with a good home. When I'm done with college, I would love to start my own reptile rescue. P.S. I live in NE ohio.

Old 12-24-2004, 08:04 AM   #3
SnakeCharmerGuy37
Hello well im glad your interested in the rescue service buisness we need more people who have lots of experience with reptiles to help take in treat care for & find homes for unwanted/abused/neglected/abandoned reptiles & other animals im sorry to say i cant help you with geckos havent ever had any in my service honestly just lots of massive huge snakes & of course from time to time iggys as everyone gets them as pets never handle them then lack of calcium /proper lighting because the light in their rooms keep them awake so they turn it off & forget when they go to school then for get for 3-4 days lights off & so iggy acts weird & slow so they turn the light back on try to handle it its mean smacking tail breaks tail tip off because its so sickly un feed no light swelled up legs from no calcium lighting then they call me & say hi we have a iggy we dont want anymore & ill go collect them get them healthy call capital area society turn in that old owner so they get fined & possiable court date for their animal abuse & neglect & so they will never attempt to own another reptile ever again because their actions with the recued iggys its sad world we live in when people say hey lets go by junior who is like 10-15 with no clue on how to handle a snake they go out & buy him a burmese python which can reach over 6-8 /ft in a years time when they bought it tho at show or store it was only 28 inche long cute baby nice tame two days later from not feeding it or handling it for some reason DUH its striking at the glass trying to bite the kid & parents & they wonder why instead of selling it then or taking it back to where they got it they will turn it loose in the wild & it dies from weather 3 days later or they worse even keep it untill its 8/ft long mean as sin keep throwing food into it never touching it then they call me & say we dont have time for it anymore & its mean & under weight & half dead or worse yet they move out & leave it in the old apartment or half double or house & it gets out finds no one around but house field mice in the basement where it lives in the rafters above ceiling landlord comes in find empty cage gets rid of it to the curb & a month later the new tenents who hate snakes find it coiled on top of their nice warm dryer or worse yet it attacks them or trys to when they enter the basement because they surpriced it in its new big cold home with a nice warm dryer while its eating thei family cat its all been seen & rescued trust me its a shame it all happens but education is everything & sad to say not many have the education or care to have it before trying to own a darn fish let alone a 28 inch cut little baby snake or a iggy whos tame at pet store but at home is a beast with out proper lighting & heat & handling so i wished i could have helped you ill keep you in mind in case but this time a year in ohio its a little slow now & im just getting re started at the rescue service i had it up & running for 12 years then took a break because no calls or buisness now i just got back into it but you will be kept in mind thanks have a great day Harley

Old 12-24-2004, 10:50 AM   #4
JAOA49
Snakes

What Kinds of snakes do you have???
I'm Interested in Boa's & corn snakes
if you have any up for adoption and have pics of em pleaz let me know by E-mailing Me @ Jaoa49@yahoo.com I'm hoping mom lets me Expand and I am Expanding cage space so let me know.

If your willing to ship that is, I'll pay for shipping....

Thanks,
Jacob

Old 12-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #5
sugarkornbizkits
Yea. I've been trying to get experience with different types of reptiles. I've only kept reptiles for about a year now. I still live with my parents and after years of bugging them, they finally let me get a leopard lizard. (not a gecko) I traded him for a bearded and I just recently adopted a male leo from my old high school science teacher. My parents still won't let me get a snake, so I have no experience with snakes. I love them though, they are just so beautiful. I don't really have enough room for anything bigger than a bearded. I didn't find out about reptile rescue until a few months ago. The more I read about it, the angrier it made me. I just couldn't believe how ignorant some people are! The one time when I went to the pet store to buy some crickets, one of the people that work there sold this one lady not just one, but TWO iggys!!! I tried to talk her out of it, since I knew that she was buying them on impulse since both her younger kids were there and they both wanted one because they were SOOO cute. She just wouldn't listen to me because she figured I knew nothing about reptiles since I didn't work there. Since I found out that there are no rescues in my area, I would like to start one of my own in a few years once I graduate college and move out on my own. I'm probably going to rescue all reptiles (except venemous and crocs) and probably some smaller exotic mammals and dogs and cats if I have room. :scatter:

Also, everyone have a very Merry Christmas!! :deer:

Old 12-25-2004, 11:07 PM   #6
ChameleonGurl
where are you located in ohio. What kinds of lizards or frogs do you have for adoption. I am located in warren ohio and looking for new herps

Old 12-26-2004, 11:03 AM   #7
ms_terese
Charlie,

You might want to verify to everyone on this board that you have the proper paperwork for a non-profit rescue. There are many people who start threads like this in order to get free animals, so it's best to verify up front your tax status and your license to do animal rescue/rehab.

Old 01-01-2005, 02:04 PM   #8
xbeaRdiExbaBex
i might possibly be able to take in a couple beardies and/or leos, just let me know just can't tkae in any sick or mean ones THANKS! i am 12, i do have a beardie and a rankins and would love to help some dragons, mine are very healthy and spoiled! :eatpointe

Old 01-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #9
Lucille
Charlie:

I am glad you are a rescue. Rescues are good.

However, you say in your post that 'education is everything' (I agree) but then also say that you will try to take neglectful owners to court. I think that is a mistake.

If you build your rescue through rehoming efforts and education, your reputation will grow and you will end up helping lots of critters.

If you start legal proceedings for unintentional neglect, that reputation will spread also and people will be more hesitant to call, fearing reprisal.

I have no problems with legal sanctions for intentional cruelty of any kind. But if we are talking some suburban mom that buys a little iggy, and the pet shop either did not clue her in or outright lied about the requirements of iguana ownership, then legal proceedings are inappropriate. Someone like that is not going to buy another lizard anyhow.

just my 2 cents......

Why don't you post the critters you have for adoption, there are people here on Fauna that can give good homes.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:57 PM   #10
ironnicky
will take in redtails&kingsnakes

been taking care of redtail for 8 years and kings for 4 years you can email me at ironnicky99@hotmail .com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread