Hey everyone I am new - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
Avvi269
Hey everyone I am new

Glad to be a newbie here. I am also quite new to reptile keeping as well. I recently acquired two Merauke blue tongue skinks. Both adults and are hoping all works out and I will be able to hopefully breed them this fall. I was told the one that Obtained over a month ago was a male and then the other one is hopefully a female. I just hope I don't have two females or two males and then have to track down another one if they are not both the opposite sex like I am hoping.
Just pulling up a chair and hopefully making myself at home here on this cute little-classified listing site. I also figured I'd introduce myself and make my plans or future plans known. I know certainly skink breeding can be a little brutal but I am more than willing to reap the consequences if something out of my expectations was bound to happen.
I am located in Idaho and don't know two many other skink breeders out there or those in existence besides one or two others around the valley.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #2
Randall Turner
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your BTS plans.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:38 AM   #3
Avvi269
Why thank you. Reptiles certainly do make the world go round. At least Meraukes are a little less finicky with breeding and I don't have to cool them or send them to bruminate like Northern BTS. I orginally wanted Northerns but Northerns are not easy to come by where I am located and the indos are more common to come by now a days. Even if I had to do a whole lot of digging to get the two that I did and it was just a matter of luck I guess because I had to travel to get my the questionable male that I have that they said was sexed, but I have yet to see sperm plugs but then again it's past breeding season for 2018 so I hope maybe I will try again for babies for hopefully 2019.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
chrisis697
good luck with the blue tongues!! Definitely plenty of good info & animals on hear. Take care.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!