thereptileroom = cheat of the month - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum > FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaTopSites Feedback Forum Any issues related to the FaunaTopSites listings are welcome to be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
watchdog
Thumbs down thereptileroom = cheat of the month

these guys are pathetic, their stats are pathetic. Watch how they get a couple of thousand hits in very short periods. half of the site posts come from the mods.

If you cant do it without cheating expect to get exposed

watchdoggie

Old 02-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
shrap
Just for clarification, which site are you referring to?
The Reptile Rooms ( www.reptilerooms.com ) or The Reptile Room ( www.thereptileroom.org )

Old 02-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Skunky
Do hope you are referring to thereptileroom, cause I'm a member of reptile rooms and I can assure you its not fake. They're a highly active forum that I have a tremendous amount of respect for.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #4
Gary O
Well Shane, Lets see I can pull the server stats for any site on my servers. The domain thereptileroom.org recieved over 2 Million calls to the domain. Now this does include hotlinked pics and the counters do not count that.

Also had around 28GB of bandwidth used for the month of Jan.

Seems you are barking up the wrong tree here watchdog. You may need to worry about yourself instead of others.

Not sure if you all can view this link but a stat link is here

https://thereptileroom.org/plesk-stat/webstat/

NEXT?

Old 02-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
Skunky
Hehe..

Old 02-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky
Hehe..

lol, smetimes you wonder about people you know. I get a friend telling me about a guy posting that I cheat on fauna. Rich can look up my stats all he wants. am I actie on my board? YEP. An admin should be. Just as Rich is active here.

If Watchdog gets through is day by sitting on the ranking boards and calling out things he thinks he knows about then hey more power to him. lmao

But I have proof to back me up. I use the rankings to tell me how many hits I get. But ask Rich. I think I have 5 duifferent ones and all will show a different number but all within a close range of one another. But it gives you an idea of when your traffic is coming instead of always going through the server. They are only one click away.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
bcfos
Yawn...

Old 02-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #8
bcfos
And for the record that yawn was directed at watchdoggie.. I think the bulk majority or us have better things to do than sit around watching hit stats on sites. Most of us get involved in the sites and contribute in one way or another, some good some not so good. But at least we try.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #9
Skunky
Just doesnt make sense that..who actually pays attention to the numbers? Actually, who cares? All I care about is the interaction and discussion..the numbers mean squat.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #10
Gary O
You are right Skunky but to a site owner the numbers is what we go by to tell if something works. Say I say the word dumb on my site. That might make people leave. If I say the word cool it may bring them. Stats help you tell if stuff works.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread