Does anybody like Coastal Plains Milksnakes? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2004, 01:43 AM   #21
griffindor
great looking costals. I've been down to southern Md. looking for them several times with no luck. I even found a small park/swamp with a nature center that had a terrarium and a model of a coastal in it. So I new I was close. The staff politely refused to share any info. with me on any they had seen in the area. I can understand that as they probably have seen quite a few herpers come through there. What a thrill it must be finding one. I have some coastal plians milk photos that where given to me by Robby sparks years ago (whom you mentioned). Is it usually considered ok to post another persons pics without thier permision if you give them credit? John, do you know if robys coastals where selectively bred for high white. I havn't seen any like them since? Bye the way I met you a couple of times after I wa refered to you by Roby and you gave me a bunch of photos as well I still have them now, about 12-13 years later , thanks
Jason B.

Old 06-18-2004, 06:27 PM   #22
SnakeDance
Roaddriving vs. Flipping

GREAT PICS
Do you find many while driving or mostly flipping boards?
Also are coastals mostly may/june snakes or can they be found in sept/oct too ?

Old 06-21-2004, 08:29 PM   #23
John Albrecht
As far as where I have found my coastals it has varied. Some were collected under typical trash you find dumped on the side of a dirt road. Some were found inside of tree stumps. Some were found road cruising. I will tell you that most of the people that I know of that have looked for coastals in southern Maryland have never been successful. I remember doing 12-15 all-nighters and about 10 whole days for 5 years down in southern Maryland before I found my first one. I found one the very first time I ever visited the pine barrens in New Jersey though. Why it was easier I have no idea but people find them in Jersey all the time it seems. Robby Sparks used to collect with me down in southern Maryland all the time and he was forever frustrated because to this day he has never ever found a single one. I thought Martin Liddie was going to pop me with his .38 one day because I caught 2 in front of his eyes and he hadn't caught one down there in 15 years!

Old 06-21-2004, 08:31 PM   #24
John Albrecht
I remember you Jason. Nice to see you here.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #25
terpheels
Blast from the past!

This is Rob Sparks. I did a search on the web for temporalis and stumbled upon this site. What got me searching was running into a guy (Herbert Harris) who does distribution maps for herps in MD. I found him saving a snake on the road I live off of. Small world. I haven't kept or done anything snake related in many, MANY years. Well over 15 years or so. Man, those used to be days huh John? Anyways the guy wanted information and pics of the coastals and corn snakes from MD I had. John, you remember those adult corns I had from Calvert Co? Man those were pretty. John, I bmailed you w/my contact info. Please get in touch. BTW, I still have all the pics from all those coastals and lots from Jersey. Is Martin still at it? What about Carl and the albino?

Old 11-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #26
D. Mong
Michael,....I know this is a very old post, but noticed nobody replied back to you when you asked, "If that isn't an albino, then what the heck is it?"...........Since nobody else replied, I'll take the liberty to tell you (if you don't already know)............It's "hypomelanistic", meaning it has a great reduction of melanin(blacks/browns),but still retains a small amount, as apposed to an "amelanistic"(albino) animal, which is void of all melanin in it's pigment cells. Hope this helps.........................D. Mong

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!