Does anybody like Coastal Plains Milksnakes? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
John Albrecht
Does anybody like Coastal Plains Milksnakes?

Of course, I know as well as anybody that temporalis doesn't really exist ( ), but hey, they take nice pictures...

I was going through my old photos trying to figure out how I could digitize everything. Needless to say I can't digitize everything but I'm working on some select stuff and temporalis is one of animals I want digitized.

So if you can hang in there for a long photo session you will get to see some temporalis. Some I caught. Some are CB. Some belong to friends.

This first picture is of a young adult male I caught. He is the father of the St Mary's temporalis featured on the poster "Milk Snakes of North America" produced by Thurgess Cranston and Walter Broda.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2004, 04:03 PM   #2
John Albrecht
oops!

That didn't take long to screw up. That is actually a sibling to the animal on the poster.

Here is the father....
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2004, 04:05 PM   #3
John Albrecht
next....

Here is the first temporalis I ever caught. It was about 2:30AM around the middle of May while road crusing St Mary's cnty. I about had a heart attack when I saw this thing stretch out on the road. I had looked so hard for a few years and was about ready to give up

Glad I hung in there.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2004, 04:07 PM   #4
John Albrecht
I want to apologize

Please forgive the quality of these photos. I'm still trying to see how best to digitize these things and I recognize they are substandard. Hopefully I'll get better in the future.

Here is the 2nd temporalis I ever caught which happened to be the first week of June road cruising. It was about 10:00PM.

I have no idea why I only kept this "top down" photo...
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2004, 04:09 PM   #5
John Albrecht
This one wasn't mine

This snake was produced by my good friend Robby Sparks. We about pooped our pants to see this thing pip. It was definately a first and we thought it was an albino at the time. We later learned that it wasn't really an albino, but hey, who cares right?

Oh yes, this is a Calvert Cnty, Maryland ancestory animal.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #6
John Albrecht
Now that I think about it....

That animal featured above was sold to Carl Bartlett I think. Here is a picture of the mother which was wild caught by Chuck Akochios (spelling). We just called him half-head.

She's kind of dark but look how bright one of her babies was!
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2004, 04:12 PM   #7
John Albrecht
You don't see these too often

This next picture is of a Salisbury, Maryland animal. There aren't too many of them around and this animal was wild caught by Martin Liddie. He concentrated on Salisbury animals and had about 6 or 7.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2004, 04:13 PM   #8
John Albrecht
what next?

Well, you can't have a bunch of temporalis photos without having a North Carolina animal can you now? Here is a temporalis I caught in Tyrell Cnty, NC.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2004, 04:14 PM   #9
John Albrecht
don't forget the northerners

And who says New Jersey milksnakes aren't pretty?
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2004, 04:16 PM   #10
John Albrecht
what we got left?

Here is the temporalis of "temporalis" herself! This is the same animal on the poster I mentioned before. Produced by me I proudly add...

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!