Another New Face - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Scooter1685
Wink Another New Face

I recently registered on this forum, and have come to make my obligatory introduction. I've come to accept that few people read these, and fewer still respond with anything other than "Welcome to [name of forum here]!" Regardless, introductions are in order.

I am a young (relatively) husband and father of 2. I'm currently a biology student at a local university, and expect to graduate soon. I've been keeping and researching Colubrids for over 19 years, and Boids for over 9 years. I've attempted a breeding once with little success, but recently decided to try for round 2. I also keep and breed very specific dogs in pursuit of a eugenics project of mine.

I adore reptiles of every type, but have researched Boids the most. They are where my true passion lies, specifically boas. I also love playing RuneScape, though I get precious little time for it, and collecting a few very specific series of American coins.

I'm open to conversation, and will soon begin a 2-3 year blog about my experiences during my attempt at breeding boas. If you're curious, simply ask. I will be creating photo albums soon. Patience is advised since I am fairly computer illiterate.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
rcarichter
So, I'm not supposed to say "Welcome to Fauna"? Too bad. Welcome to Fauna. Glad to have you! I'm lizards, not snakes, but you'll find huge numbers of snake folks here.

Noelle

Old 10-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Scooter1685
Lol, thank you for the welcome. I suppose my original post does somewhat discourage other messages...

Anyhow, I realized that I said nothing about my snakes! I just finished making a couple albums, but I'll post an image or two here as well. I have added them as attachments, and hopefully that works out well. I'm not the most computer-literate person...
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Scooter1685
The top is my Ambrosius. He's a 6-year old type2 Colombian anery from Bob Clark lines. Gorgeous and super tame, he's about 7'6" with a shed skin at 8'7" for the most recent specimen. He's my favorite.

The lower 2 pics are Motley (yes, very original name). He's a hypo motley het anery bred by Jeremy Stone and purchased by me last year (2011) at the Wasatch Reptile expo. In these pics he was only a few months old. He's now a year and just shy of 3 feet. He is the single most enthusiastic eater I've ever had, and because of that I'm fairly careful not to overfeed him.

These are 2 of my little guys. I currently am reduced to 3 boids and 1 colubrid. At one point I cared for 16, though since returning to college I didn't have time for proper care and have found new homes for most. I'm only just now returning for my second breeding attempt ever. I'm pretty excited for this, and will likely be chronicling the whole thing in the Boa forum.

Hope to see you all in there. Again, sorry for my first post. I was having kind of a crummy day, and sound far more cynical than I normally am.

Blessings!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!