Received 3 Terrapins via US Priority Express Mail - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:47 PM   #11
hhmoore
They do...but, while they require that live animal shipments be shipped Express, they also state that one should expect them to take longer due to their revised stipulations. (I don't remember where I saw that, and don't have time to look). IIRC, it's up to 3 days; which is one of the reasons that

Old 05-31-2015, 04:03 PM   #12
neilg
Express could take 3 days?! well i can understand in rural areas out in the boonies, that would be the case and the postage at time of purchase of Express should declare that in some way.

i notice when i ship priority mail documents to fellow californians in decent sized cities/towns, the label prints with '1-day priority mail' in bold and indeed reaches them next-day apparently just as express mail would.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:10 PM   #13
hhmoore
Go back and read what I posted, please. This has nothing to do with normal Priority or Express delivery, so don't try to apply your experiences with those services to it - this is specific to the shipping of live animals via the USPS. It isn't that all, or even most, shipments would be delayed; but their stipulations for appropriate conditions can result in delays.

I'll be honest, I haven't looked through that stuff in a few years - it is possible that it has been revised/updated. As I said, I don't have time to search for where I found it; but I'm fairly certain that there was some discussion about it on this site.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:24 PM   #14
neilg
well the sentence wasn't complete, was it? ending in reasons that.

anyways what i read and can type without reading or pasting is that animal shipments must be Express, but due to revisions, one can 'expect' Express USPS shipments to take up to 3 days for delivery.. IIRC

Old 05-31-2015, 11:33 PM   #15
hhmoore
Yeah - my tablet apparently thought I wanted to submit at that point...and I wasn't motivated enough to edit the post to complete the sentence. I'm certain it wouldn't have impacted your response.
Changes in their policies regarding the handling of live animal shipments made delays (for the well being of the animals) more likely.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #16
neilg
aww, so a few more expected delays? well that's still good considering whatever it takes for the sake of the welfare of wildlife!

will definitely still be ok with receiving the occasional specimen via USPS as long as that animal (ie, tadpoles, lizards, etc) are still allowed.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #17
Herps Alive!
So Gila Monsters and Beaded Lizards are mailable since they are not poisonous right? ;-)

Old 06-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #18
hhmoore
I suppose you could try to argue that they are harmless...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!