Buyer to get left paying PayPal fees? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:10 PM   #21
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Pardon me but; You're out of your mind!
I guess I'm crazy too. lol Depending on who I'm dealing with and how it's going, I usually throw in 3% to cover the fees. It's simply a nice gesture imo.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #22
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I guess I'm crazy too. lol Depending on who I'm dealing with and how it's going, I usually throw in 3% to cover the fees. It's simply a nice gesture imo.
Well we know you're crazy.

I wouldn't do that ever. But I guess that's because we sell a lot of stuff on ebay...and buy a lot from there. It's just asking for trouble, at least it would be for us.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:34 PM   #23
SobekSerpents
I have paid those fees from my retic purchases in 2005 to 2007 from both of these breeders, and I didn't mind one bit. I have also paid the fee for other reputable breeders and I didn't mind. Dan Vermilya for example, who used to produce the best jaguar carpets around, required this as well and I spent at least $10k with him over the years. I didn't mind one bit, again. During this time I was producing a hundred or more babies a year and I split the fee with my customers, who never complained. I produced the first albino carpet python and sold more carpets than any other animal I've bred.....never one complaint on splitting the fee.

Maybe it was different then, I don't know. But it was common and I don't care either way how the fee gets paid, really....

But to say don't use a breeder because of it is ridiculous. That I do care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Checked out Mike Wilbank's site, didn't see anything about covering fees, but it is a big site. Chris, can you locate that?
Just checked out Bob Clark, didn't see anything about Paypal fees.
However, in order to make an informed decision about claims of sellers who in years past charged customers for Paypal fees, one would have to be able to view the Paypal TOS for that time period. Paypal TOS has evolved over the years.

In fact, I think Paypal would do something about those violating their TOS. They have quite a list of what they are able to do to those violating the various items listed in their TOS, including withdrawing the seller's ability to use Paypal as a payment method. That might be a huge strike against a business, particularly an online business, whose customers do not want to give out a credit card number.

from Paypal:
4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!