Day Geckos and Mealworms? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #1
DiverDave
Day Geckos and Mealworms?

I've read and heard both sides of the story. Everything from the, chiton is poorly digested, to I know a breeder that feeds mealworms exclusively.

Specifically I want to hear from experienced P. Grandis keepers/breeders. Who does, who doesn't and who cares...and....go!

Old 07-10-2017, 11:52 PM   #2
DiverDave
Topic to taboo?

Old 01-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
mhenry
I feed small superworms with no issues. Superworms have less chiton than mealworms.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
Liveforthis
I have 3 that are fatties, I'm not sure I'm very experienced but Ive had mine for over a year. Mine love repashy the most but I also feed crickets, mealworms, butterworms, and black soldier fly larve. They are very aggressive eaters and Ive had no issues with mealworms although its not fed as a staple.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:40 PM   #5
elena
I've kept grandis. I didn't feed mealworms as they are not particularly nutritious, and hard to digest. I fed my animals crickets and CGD. Matthew is right that superworms are more digestible. I'd feel more comfortable feeding small superworms than mealworms.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!