Dragons on a leash??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Rebel Dragons
Dragons on a leash???

I was watching TV and saw a short clip of a man walking his dragon in public on a leash.

The first thing that ran through my mind was, how does he get his to constantly keep walking??? Mine would walk a couple feet then have to rest and taste everything for an hour!!!

My main concern would be health related. There's no telling how many things a dragon could catch or ingest while walking around a park.

Any of you harness your dragon and go for walks?

Old 06-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
prodigy9618
I thought it was a cool idea when I first got into dragons, but not so much anymore. I never tried it and dont plan on it. I have a few that I would take out but it would be more on my shirt or shoulder deal, I would be concerned of what they might eat as well. I have a couple that I wouldnt take anywhere, they seem to freak out as soon as we step outside and there cages are right next to the back door, I dont get it.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
clarinet45
i just take mine out to the park and let them wander around. all three are adults and very well trained to stay in my sight. The babies come out in a mesh tank. I used to use a leash with feng, but she hated it.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
Karmic
I might take one out on a leash in my own yard, but never in a public place. Besides who knows what they might get exposed too, what if some passing dog attacks! Much too risky. I don't have to worry about it though, my beardie is much like my dogs...he likes to stay inside and sleep.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:35 AM   #5
themancmt
i bought a leash for my breeders so i can let em sit out side and soak up some rays. i figured the sun light will give them plenty of uva/uvb so i put them in the grass and they just sit there for like an hour. they donot try to run or anything. so i paid like $5 for something i dont even need.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!