Robert Frank (Lawson's partner in crime) FINALLY CAUGHT! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
Neil Gubitz
Robert Frank (Lawson's partner in crime) FINALLY CAUGHT!

Brief background on Robert Frank..... I bought, "The Snake Pit" from him in 1998, about 2 weeks after I bought the store, it was broken into for the first time.... long story short, a week later Frank and his girlfriend had a fight and I got a call from his girlfriend asking me if I had any animals missing.... when I said yes, she told me to come to THEIR house.... I found ALL my animals there.... I took them back.... Frank was arrested and prosecuted, and did some time....

I worked the Tampa Show for Tony Cueto this weekend.... on Saturday morning, I saw Robert Frank (Lawson's partner) walking around the show with his new girlfriend and carrying a large knapsack.... I pointed him out to one of the security guards and told him that he was one of the biggest thieves in Tampa and to follow him around the show and to keep an eye on him.... later on in the day, the security guard told me that he just saw Frank steal two animals from Ben Siegel.... I told Tony, and Tony called the cops.... that's when all hell broke loose.... Frank gave the knapsack to his girlfriend (FILLED with stolen animals from the show) and his girlfriend RAN out of the show and into her car (all the while being chased by Ben, a couple of other guys, and the police).... she almost ran down 4 people with her car trying to get away, and one of the guys was actually hanging onto the hood of her car as she made her getaway (he got off the hood and wasn't hurt, luckily).... the cops detained Frank at the show and got the license plate of the car, she made her getaway but the cops were going to arrest them both at their house later in the day.... I don't know if they did or not, but, on SUNDAY, Frank's girlfriend boldly came BACK to the show to buy two animals from Rob Trenor which she had told him to hold for her on Saturday (before all this happened).... she paid him for the animals and then Rob told the security guard she was there.... by that time, she had vamoosed quickly!!.... We don't know if she was caught that day or not.... but talk about "solid brass"!!

All in all, this was a great week for a lot of people in Tampa.... two of the biggest thieves in Tampa were caught and one's in jail, and the other is not far behind.... and the both of them are NEVER allowed back into ANY of Tony's shows....

If ANY of you hear from EITHER of them.... be VERY careful!!

Neil

Old 03-15-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
KNOBTAIL
NEIL, this would make a great

reality show. Good work, you did the right thing.

Old 03-15-2004, 01:01 PM   #3
Wilomn
Hey gubitz, nice job at the show there.

Is this something new, doing the right thing I mean. Are you now going to stop harboring criminals like sal? Are you going to let the people that he has stolen from know where they can find him so they can get some justice too?

Also, are you ever going to post proof about your credit card company "giving you permission" for each and every transaction that you've run through your terminal for ANOTHER BUSINESS?

We now have proof that you do indeed KNOW that theft is wrong and you have had the proper responce to the theft of animals by others so why is it a different standard for sal? He's a thief too.

Is the reason you have not posted the supposed proof about using your credit card terminal because you DON'T have that permission you have promised you do have and would, in essence, be snitching yourself out were you to come clean? Was it just ANOTHER of MANY lies when you said ,several times, that you had that permission, neil "The Liar" gubitz?

Such dichotemy with you.

I await your next mind bogglingly intelligent responce with great anticipation,

Wes Pollock

Old 03-15-2004, 01:13 PM   #4
Ken Harbart
Wes,
This is going to be the one and only time I say this. Please stop kicking that dead horse and keep this thread on topic.

This thread is about Robert Frank and his antics at the Tampa show. I'll not have you hijack it and turn it into a pissing match between you and Neil, is that clear? This is not the time nor the place for it.

I'd like to thank you for your future cooperation on this one.

Old 03-15-2004, 01:25 PM   #5
WebSlave
I will be more blunt about this then Ken was, Wes. I have just created a new user group in preparation for you. You are likely to be the first one to reach the "Suspended pending payment of a $20 fine" category.

You have been warned.

Old 03-15-2004, 01:48 PM   #6
Tom Chambers
THANK YOU Webslave and Ken

Thanks for putting a stop to these little girls whining back and forth again.

I get SO sick of seeing these pissing contests between people that don't live within a 1000 miles of each other any more that I skip the substance of some topics just so I don't have to wade through the BS!

Were the vendors able to recover their stolen animals?

TC

Old 03-15-2004, 02:02 PM   #7
odatria
Niel, how exactly is Frank connected to Lawson?

Maybe I missed it in an earlier thread or something, but how are they connected? Congrats on the catch, too bad you guys couldnt get the snakes back. That chick must be one slippery con to get away twice!

Old 03-15-2004, 02:12 PM   #8
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Ben was able to recover his 2 animals that were stolen but another Vendor had baby Leopard tortoises stolen and I belive a couple of other things but they were not recovered.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #9
KNOBTAIL
I am not to sure about the laws in

Fla., but the girlfriend is probably going to be charged with much more serious crimes then Frank. We will have to wait and see. I know in NY, we used to seize the auto as well.

Dealing with WES is like reading Le Miserables, this is a life long persuit of Neil. Inspector Wes Jobere. I am glad someone has put a stop to it. It borders on threadstalking.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:58 PM   #10
screamdreams
Angry Sounds like a whacked out pair...

They've got to be just plain nuts to do something like that. Hopefully a stiff punishment is forthcoming.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!