Heather Stotz- Sandstone Corns - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #51
BezilsGirl
That's fine with me, I just figured he would rather have a more expensive snake then the shipping (I would, but that's is neither here nor there) So I have offered him a refund on the difference in shipping. I'll wait to hear from him.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #52
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezilsGirl
That's fine with me, I just figured he would rather have a more expensive snake then the shipping (I would, but that's is neither here nor there) So I have offered him a refund on the difference in shipping. I'll wait to hear from him.
That would be the better thing to do as it closes this all out on a positive note. Letting this go until you possibly produce something just sets you up for another potential black mark if you can not follow through with the obligation.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #53
Roy Munson
I commend you for offering to compensate those customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezilsGirl
I can also scan my vet bill with charges for her being put to sleep if you feel you need to see that.
Who would need to see that? It's not a very good excuse for delaying a planned shipment anyway, and it's absolutely NO excuse for not communicating the delay to your customer.

Making this right for your affected customers is a good first step. But how do you plan on doing things in the future? If you suffer an emotionally distressing incident in the future, will you consider that justification for delaying shipments without communicating the delay to your customer(s)? Will you be personally guaranteeing that your own Terms of Service are obliged in the future, particularly in regard to shipping? Since you've already done what you could to make the situations in question right, satisfactory answers to these questions will be enough for me to consider you a "good guy". But don't get me wrong; you don't OWE me any answers at all. It's just another attempt on my part to "lead a horse to water"...

Old 12-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #54
BezilsGirl
I only mentioned that as someone had said something about not believing the ferret died or had cancer or something.
GENERALLY I'm on the ball and good to go, I'm only not good when on of my pets die. I should put that in my terms of service maybe. Honestly if it were my grandmother, cousin, aunt- I would mail that day and be able to do the tracking numbers. Just not my pets.
I'm glad to do what I can to make the person who buys from me happy. I'm glad he liked the snake as well. He is also still welcome to a free snake from my 08 pairings.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #55
BezilsGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
I commend you for offering to compensate those customers.

Making this right for your affected customers is a good first step. But how do you plan on doing things in the future? If you suffer an emotionally distressing incident in the future, will you consider that justification for delaying shipments without communicating the delay to your customer(s)? Will you be personally guaranteeing that your own Terms of Service are obliged in the future, particularly in regard to shipping? Since you've already done what you could to make the situations in question right, satisfactory answers to these questions will be enough for me to consider you a "good guy". But don't get me wrong; you don't OWE me any answers at all. It's just another attempt on my part to "lead a horse to water"...
If I have another "Emotionally distressing" insident, yes it might delay shipping- but I can almost guarentee that I will be able to contact my customers letting them know. I suppose I will need (I haven't in the past required) phone numbers, in case my internet is out. (Small town issues- it happens...often). That way I know I could at least leave a message. I've only sold maybe 10-20 snakes online, with maybe 10 customers at that so its never really come up before. Its good to think ahead, thank you. Usually I just get the address from the paypal payment, which doesn't always include a phone. (if by the way you would like to see my ebay feedback, to see that I don't screw people its Jaded_i - 250+ positive feedbacks, honestly I DON'T pull this kind of crap intentionally). I'll take precautions in the future to make sure this doesn't happen again. Thanks very much,
Heather

Old 12-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #56
T and J's Corns
Awesome.. I would definantly be chewing someones butt about the opened box incident for sure provided you have your shipping waiver in tote.. * Damn FedEx seems to take their time with mine * ... This can be a positive expieriance for you, and everyone alike..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 12-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #57
BezilsGirl
I called my rep, but since they are privately owned- they can pick and choose what they ship. They have now decided against shipping "dangerous" cargo I think its called, which snakes fall under the catagory of. So I can't do a darned thing. Its their store, and though they ship for Fedex, I can't ship what is against their policy to ship. So I have to drive to another town to find an offical fedex store which will take "dangerous" cargo- ie my snakes. Bloody pain, but at least no more open boxes.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #58
tsthompson
I find this very odd that you didn't have a telephone number for your customers. You have to supply a delivery phone # to ship FedEx. Also FedEx will pick up your shipments at your address.
Tom Thompson

Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #59
BezilsGirl
I don't use it enough to have them pick it up at my home. Good to know though, though (I suppose I should be asking my rep) since I'm rural and usually don't get my packages until after 3 or 4 in the evening, would that still work for the next business day? I know when I ship at my usual place that I try to do it early in the day, so it will get out sooner. I mean I'm not totally remote, (though UPS has gotten lost before, losers- 3 times!) but I know for somethings I have to pay extra for the gas for them to come out here. Or that's what someone told me the extra charge was for. It would be nice and save a trip though, thanks for the tip.
Our carriers aren't too great though, unless it specifically says I have to sign for it (I've had a few that didn't) they leave it on the doorstep and don't even knock! And (thank god it wasn't a snake) I've had (a) package stolen off my doorstep as well. They've even left them in the snow. Or one package that said, "hold at post office" (it was silkworms for my beardies) they put it in the little lock boxes down the road! It was over 90 that day. I really don't trust the carriers much.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #60
BezilsGirl
I've had phone numbers a few times (remember we are talking about 10 or less times here) probably half or more. But the times I didn't they let me ship- they put my number down as the contact number as I recall. (Both these last ones I had numbers, and before that, gosh it was like april when I last shipped). They aren't really strict around here. Did I mention our airport doesn't (or didn't last time I flew) have a metal detector or security guard?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!