Heather Stotz- Sandstone Corns - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #61
Preacher Pat
Small town is a relative term. I live in a town of 1800 in rural Texas. Overnight delivery by 10:30 is a dream not a reality!!!! I have even had overnight deliveries take two days to get here. And this time of year all bets are off! I don't order things from mid-October to the beginning of February because of the unreliability of the weather and the carriers (there are a few professionals that I might try to get something from but you can count them on one hand). In small towns there isn't the luxury to do things the way they can be done in the "big city". But that means the person has to be on top of everything if they are going to operate. Hopefully Heather has learned and will correct the situation. Then she can work at becoming perfect like everyone else here. Glad my job operates with the concept of grace. Cheers!!!!!!!

Pat

Old 12-15-2007, 11:55 PM   #62
LauraB
Heather ...

For your convenience, here are two other FedEx Authorized ShipCenters,
both less than 12 miles from your home address, just a straight shot down 516. It looks like they're closer than the one you referenced in your first post (post #2 of this thread) you indicated was 30-45 minutes away.
Maybe you'll have better luck with them:

another Zip & Ship
3501 E Main St #G
Farmington, NM 87402
505-326-6111

The Mail Room & Copy Center
2844 E Main St
Farmington, NM 87402
505-463-3339

~ Laura Bolt

Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #63
BezilsGirl
I can sympathize Pat. I'm right in the middle of the Navajo Indian reservation, so for the kids who live WAY out in the middle of nowhere they have to live in dorms when they are in kindergarten all the way up. And the DORMS are over an hour away from the school! I'm 3 hours from the only freeway in the state. There is a fairly large town about 30 minutes away, but Aztec, well, we are pretty small! (no walmart even lol). Its kinda a mix of the old time farmers and then the oil workers out here. My ferrets are referred to as "varmits" and the snakes, well- I've been told they'd look good as boots or a belt. And good gosh! I have mice in my freezer! You would think I had a third eye. People uh, don't do that around here. I've actually been asked by some of the school districts to bring my pets in as I'm the closest thing to a zoo around here. The beardies were a big hit this year. Though the kids were dissapointed my 'dragons' didn't have wings. (preschool).

Old 12-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #64
BezilsGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB
For your convenience, here are two other FedEx Authorized ShipCenters,
both less than 12 miles from your home address, just a straight shot down 516. It looks like they're closer than the one you referenced in your first post (post #2 of this thread) you indicated was 30-45 minutes away.
Maybe you'll have better luck with them:

another Zip & Ship
3501 E Main St #G
Farmington, NM 87402
505-326-6111

The Mail Room & Copy Center
2844 E Main St
Farmington, NM 87402
505-463-3339

~ Laura Bolt
Thanks very much, but do they accept "dangerous" goods? I can only ship from one that accepts dangerous goods - ie snakes which would be...

FedEx staffed
Federal Express
1514 W Main St
Farmington, NM 87401
(800) 463-3339
View details, directions & map

Or

FedEx staffed
Federal Express
115 Bodo Dr
Durango, CO 81303
(800) 463-3339
View details, directions & map

(thanks for the idea though- i looked them up on teh website) Farmington is about 30 mintues away from where I am, Durango is about an hour. Thanks though!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #65
gbcop
Heather I will give you this much. Unlike other people whom certain member's are having problems with. From the start you have responded to questions, and are still involved in this thread. Everyone makes mistakes and you sure seem to be doing the best of your ability to make that mistake right. I think you are headed in the right direction with your business and I wish you the best of luck.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #66
Thomas E
Heather, I'm actually OK with what I have now.. I don't need a refund of the shipping (the snake was 150 shipped, so shipping wasn't an extra charge for me) and I don't feel I'm in a situation that needs a freebie on your animals for 08. It's a shame you still don't seem to 'get it' as far as what you've done here. You seem to think a proper excuse is the same as an apology. No worries though, I didn't post this to 'get something' from you, it just seems to be the best way to insure it doesn't happen again to someone else.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #67
deborahbroadus
Ok, I am just gonna jump in here because I don't agree with the "I was emotionally unable to function" implication. As a woman myself with all the crippling emotions that come with the species...I got this:

You were concerned about your own animal at the expense of other people's animals. It's good that it all ended well, but what if it hadn't? I don't have a lot of sympathy for a female that uses her emotions and lack of control of them as an excuse to get away with disrespecting other people's time and animals.

It's good that you want to make it right. But a woman (you are the age of consent) that wants to have her own business needs to understand that she has chosen a world where emotions, bodily functions and personal time have to take the back seat to handling business.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #68
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezilsGirl
I only mentioned that as someone had said something about not believing the ferret died or had cancer or something.
GENERALLY I'm on the ball and good to go, I'm only not good when on of my pets die. I should put that in my terms of service maybe. Honestly if it were my grandmother, cousin, aunt- I would mail that day and be able to do the tracking numbers. Just not my pets.
I'm glad to do what I can to make the person who buys from me happy. I'm glad he liked the snake as well. He is also still welcome to a free snake from my 08 pairings.

It was this quote that got me. You're not good if a pet dies, but it's OK if it's a close family member? That right there makes me think something isn't right.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #69
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake5007
It was this quote that got me. You're not good if a pet dies, but it's OK if it's a close family member? That right there makes me think something isn't right.
Ah, I understood that. All "close" family members aren't exactly close. Every family isn't a facsimile of a Brady Bunch or Cosby unit.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #70
LauraB
Good post, Deborah

Quote:
But a woman (you are the age of consent) that wants to have her own business needs to understand that she has chosen a world where emotions, bodily functions and personal time have to take the back seat to handling business.
Absolutely.

And it doesn't just apply to a woman running her own business. It applies to a woman running her own life and any career. In real life, a woman simply cannot use emotional issues as a crutch to avoid responsibility or excuse getting a job done, and still expect to be taken seriously and intelligently.
Heather is still young, so hopefully will learn quickly.

~ Laura Bolt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!