Heather Stotz- Sandstone Corns - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #71
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
Ah, I understood that. All "close" family members aren't exactly close. Every family isn't a facsimile of a Brady Bunch or Cosby unit.
I know what you mean Deborah. I'm not exactly close to a lot of my own family, but if i can deal with customers when a family member passes, then i can do it when one of my snakes die too. That's a poor excuse, IMO.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #72
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake5007
I know what you mean Deborah. I'm not exactly close to a lot of my own family, but if i can deal with customers when a family member passes, then i can do it when one of my snakes die too. That's a poor excuse, IMO.
No doubt...I wasn't disagreeing with you..just putting in another perspective (aside from business-wise.)

Old 12-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #73
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
No doubt...I wasn't disagreeing with you..just putting in another perspective (aside from business-wise.)

I know that you weren't disagreeing, Deborah. I just wanted to make my point a bit clearer. I think that your first post was spot on, BTW.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:03 PM   #74
mcgrath5860
What a great guy, Joejr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Laura-

"Cala's Corns guarantees overnight delivery through FedEx. One stipulation regarding this policy is that someone must be there to sign for the delivery on the first attempt. If the first delivery attempt fails, this guarantee is voided, NO exceptions! Also, if you have a 'signature waiver' on file with FedEx, this will void your live arrival guarantee. Any problems associated with shipping are to be directed to Cala's Corns only. Please DO NOT contact FedEx about late delivery or DOA animals. Cala's Corns bears the sole responsibility of the live animal guarantee. Shipping fees will vary and I do not believe in charging a flat fee. Please inquire about shipping charges to your area before purchasing. The charges will normally run between $40 and $60, depending on location. Please bear in mind that this is a per box charge, and not per snake. That being said, many animals can fit into the same box. If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to ask. If you can not be at your residence to accept your animal(s), most FedEx locations will allow packages to be held at that location. I feel this is safer than shipping to a residential address and would suggest choosing that option whenever possible. Additionally, all shipments that are held at the Fedex location are guaranteed for that day ONLY. If you fail to pick the box up on that day, my guarantee is voided. I'm sorry to do this, but I cannot be responsible for your delay in picking the package up."

Do you think that this means I don't have a waiver to ship snakes through FedEx? I can assure you that I in fact do. I'm not saying that Heather wasn't in the wrong---whether intentional or not---and I'm assuming it was not intentional, but you cannot say that just because her terms read that way she doesn't have a FedEx account setup.

The reason for asking customers NOT to contact FedEx is simply because the people who work the 800 number are idiots. 99.9% of them have no idea FedEx allows the shipping of live animals (specifically snakes) and will argue with you when it is brought up. Also, I can better handle a shipping situation since I am an account holder and will not be paranoid over a lost or delayed shipment. Asking the customer not to call is for the betterment of the business---the last thing we need as an industry is to have freaking out people calling FedEx screaming about missed packages and stuff---we don't need FedEx dropping the live animal exception because they're gotten crap about it.
Boy does your guarantee sound great. For you that is. You even got a box fee, shipping fee any other hidden costs you would like to pass on the the buyer. You probably even force the buyer to pay the 3% paypal fee too. I am so glad you showed your true colors so I now no I don't to deal with you. You and your hidden costs are what makes us all look bad

Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #75
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath5860
Boy does your guarantee sound great. For you that is. You even got a box fee, shipping fee any other hidden costs you would like to pass on the the buyer. You probably even force the buyer to pay the 3% paypal fee too. I am so glad you showed your true colors so I now no I don't to deal with you. You and your hidden costs are what makes us all look bad
Michael, his TOS doesn't state a box charge or any other fee. If he wanted he could but it doesn't.

He merely states in his TOS that each box sent out is represented by the shipping fee.

If he can fit 10 snakes in the box it is still just one charge for shipping. Not a shipping charge for each of the ten snakes.

Example 1 snake plus $60 shipping
10 snakes still $60 shipping if they fit in the same box.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #76
BezilsGirl
I actually thought that my offer of a 15% discount if you purchase 5 of more snakes is pretty good. (Unless I'm running some kind of other deal). The reason I made it a flat fee is because since I'M rural *I* have to pay more for shipping. Sometimes up to $80. Since the buyer isn't going to like paying that much shipping, I just go a flat rate of $60 and if its more I eat the rest. Sometimes, I admit its less- I think the lowest its been is $55, somewhere in there. Trust me, I'm not making a profit on shipping! I'm doing the flat rate because when someone wants the exact shipping and I tell them 80 bucks, I get an arguement about 'well it wasn't that much last time and that was all the way from X". So I put $60 and leave it at that so at least people will think about buying from me, and not think I'm gouging on shipping.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #77
BezilsGirl
Quote:
Um, actually that isn't my guarantee. That's Cala's Corns. Nice guy, I've bought from him. I think you are kind of out for blood and aren't really looking at the facts. You are yelling at someone who isn't even involved here. Now, having said that if you would like to look at MY guarantee and then yell at me based off of the FACTS, be my guest. Take a peek, sandstonecorns.com
But at least be criticizing MY guarantee, not someone else's, OK?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #78
Roy Munson
Quote:
Get a clue. Lots of sellers charge a SINGLE flat fee for ALL shipping. When I noticed that most of the boxes I had going out were between $50 and $60, I decided I would just charge a flat rate of $55. On some orders I make an extra buck or two and on some orders I lose. A lot of times I just make it even easier on myself by including the shipping in the price. As long as the buyer knows and accepts the total cost of the transaction prior to committing to the transaction, who cares? Joe has sent out quite a few FREE snakes in his orders just because that's the kind of GOOD GUY he is. I'm glad YOU'VE shown YOUR true colors. I wouldn't want to deal with a cheapskate nitpicker like you.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #79
DThomas
Quote:
I'm an attention seeking whore and a Troll. Don't feed me and I may crawl back under the rock I came out from under.
That's better.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:50 PM   #80
BezilsGirl
And just to make this clear- I do profoundly apoligize for MY mistake. I take full blame for not doing what I should have done. I should have waited until I felt better to get the snakes off (probably until after christmas) and personally sent them out. However, once I found the mistake, I should have contacted both parties straight away to let them know what was up, regardless of how I felt. I'm very sorry for this and have refunded Tom the difference in shipping fees and Becky is getting a free snake on me after christmas. I hope this in some small way makes up for it.
Happy Holidays.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!