Dogs - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-09-2006, 05:01 AM   #41
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX11
Thanks Dand.

Yep, thats my Jr !!
You are welcome. Glad to help.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #42
ZX11
Thanks, Lucille. Happy dog? Na.... a spoiled little turd, though.

I have checked around and cannot find anyone that has a beagle with similar eyes. Anyone here have any clue about this? Notice how the color change drastically from deep green to light brown? I wonder if this will have adverse affects in his senior years. I have posted in beagle oriented sites and even after a couple years, no responses.

Old 07-15-2006, 05:47 AM   #43
Lucille
I do not know why his eye color is different from most beagles. I would think that if you asked Texas A&M vet school they would look into it for you. They are a famous vet school here in Texas and are community resources. I know I've sent them email question about different stuff, mostly about plants to their agricultural community resources and they have always been very helpful.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:07 AM   #44
DAND
I can't remember who it was (if I do I will inquire) but I just recently met someone who's dog had similar eyes. The dog was a Lab though. Definitely cool looking eyes.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:24 AM   #45
DAND
After a little investigation, I have found that the eye color Junior has generally happens in those with the Liver coloration (pun not intended-those with the brown nose color as opposed to those with the black noses), which Junior doesn't have. Truly a mystery.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #46
Cat_72
I used to raise and show Beagles, and it looks to me like he has some "blue" Beagles in his background. The TRUE blues are a gorgeous, silvery grey color where most have the black, and their tan is a much lighter fawnish type color. Their eyes are a light greenish-tannish color (yeah, I know, big technical terms, lol) that almost look ghostly at times. They sometimes pass this on to a lesser degree to some of their more typically colored offspring. If I can find what the heck the kids did with my photo album, I'll post ya a pic of my favorite little blue girl I had.

Old 07-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #47
Ginger Ambrose
What does Lucky have in his ears?
It looks as if he is wearing earrings.....

Old 07-15-2006, 03:32 PM   #48
Ginger Ambrose
whoops Junior I mean.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #49
ZX11
Jr has pierced ears. Sounds mean, I know, but it is actually for health reasons. He has a problem with yeast infections. No matter how I work to keep them clean and dry, the crud keeps returning. He's been to doctors all over the place and they keep giving him antibiotics, which make him sick. They've prescribed ear drops and cleaners, then his ears hurt and are bright red. One doc gave him some drops and within a couple hours they were so dry, they cracked and bled.

So, After changing his diet, and some other research, I also found it is caused by lack of clean dry air circulation. So, his ears are pierced and I ordered a long 16 gauge barbell so I can pin his ears over his head.

After a week or so of this, his ears cleared up. I also think his hearing has improved because that crud is not building up in the ear canal.

Getting the piercings proved to not be painful or bothersome, neither does pinning his ears over head. Maintaining the piercings is very easy, just rinse with peroxide every other day and I swap out his earrings once a week..

Unconventional, I know, but it works and I don't have to give him chemicals.

His eyes definately gets people's attention. I can read him pretty well, too. He has happy eyes and when I done wrong, I know when he gives me the evil eye.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX11

He has happy eyes and when I done wrong, I know when he gives me the evil eye.
I'm sure that doesn'y happen very often...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!