what do girls look for most in a guy - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:37 AM   #21
Lucille
On the subject of 'getting comfortable' :

A certain amount of comfort is a good thing. As people get to know and like each other, it is OK to feel confident enough in the relationship that one can wear one's comfy tee shirts during the day, and wear flannel pjs instead of negligees on cold nights (this is a comment toward the ladies, few of the guys here wear negligees at any time during the day).
But one can definitely get 'too comfortable'. Those who don't bother to shower, who neglect hygiene and then ask for intimate relations, whose homes smell like a kennel from lack of basic cleaning (we are not talking neat freak clean but please throw out the old pizza boxes and take a scrub brush to the toilet occasionally ) need to shape up and spruce up, just a little......

Old 04-30-2006, 06:47 AM   #22
techgirl
I agree with the good clean sweat deal. It truly does have limited appeal. When the goat died in the sun smell comes in, then it's over.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:20 AM   #23
Lucille
And especially get rid of the eau de goat before y'all decide to get romantic

Old 09-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #24
Shellybee
I like a man who bares his soul to me. It shows trust. One of my favorites is when I am told, “I never told anybody this before but…” That is one of the things I look for honesty and the soul barers.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:17 PM   #25
LadyOhh
I love a genuine, happy person, intellegent with a great smile, someone who can make me smile....

Someone who shows a real interest in me and who I am... Clean, nice, and tactful.

Listening is a GREAT skill.. Now actually internalizing it is another!

Romantic!!!

Someone who finds my obsession with my snakes interesting!

Old 10-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #26
ZX11
OK, so we learned alittle about what the ladies think, but, are the opinions shown the thoughts you have at the begining of a relationship, first actual meeting, or what you expect throughout a relationship?
Remember, we all change as life progresses. So, are you disappointed as we age? What habits should be kept, which are to be disgarded?

I have always showered at least twice a day, so that is not an issue. Neither is sense of humor, honesty, integrity, morals, nor self pride. But, what if a man opens your doors for you when you first start the dating thing? At what point do you wish/expect/hope this will end? I always believed that when she cooks dinner, she is to take first bite. I will wait for her. Does this bother you?

Open up, gals !!! Tell us what really turns you on to a guy. More importantly, what does it take to keep your interest?

Nice guys finnish last it is said. I believe that. I always treat females with respect and kindness and a gentle hand. But, us good guys see women treated as donkey dung and those guys always get the girls. Explain this to us.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #27
Griz
I think guys have a tendency to overthink things in the beginning and then to not think at all a few years into the relationship. My father-in-law informed me when I was 16 that I would be opening his daughters door for her if I wanted to date her. Here I am 16 years later and I still do this. My 7 year old son opens the doors for his sisters not because I instructed him to but because he saw this principle modeled by me.

Obviously, in the beginning a woman is attracted to you via your appearance. But, as I grow older, I find that appearance has virtually nothing to do with why my wife loves me. I keep clean when I need to but she also loves it when I come in from working outside and am all sweaty. Now, she would obviously not be happy if my "work" smell was maintained a few hours after I came inside. It's all about common sense.

I made a vow to my wife just last night that from now on I would do the supper dishes. My wife stays home with my kids and home schools. I walked in those shoes awhile back when she went to see her parents. Those are shoes I don't ever care to walk in! I can't believe how hard it is to have 3 children all of whom are vying for my attention. I think that doing the dishes and opening her car door is the least I can do.

Don't do things for your woman out of a sense of obligation. Do it because you love her. Plain and simple. If you perform said tasks out of a sense of duty then you are, at least in the back of your mind, looking for a tit for tat relationship. I require nothing from my wife other than to give 100% to our relationship. This does not mean sex "X" times per week. It does not mean having supper ready every night. What it does mean is that she will give me, and me her, the utmost of respect and love at all times. Placing expectations upon your spouse is a surefire way of setting your marriage up for disaster.

We have been together for 16 years (high school sweethearts) and I don't ever want to imagine my life without her. So, what do women look for in men? It's easy. Someone who is tough when he needs to be. Someone who is soft when the time is appropriate. Someone who honors their spouse not just in words but in deeds. Someone who opens her door not out of duty but out of respect. Someone whose eyes and heart aches for her and her only. It's really quite simple....

Griz

Old 10-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #28
LadyOhh
Here here!

Although Griz, depending on the maturity of the woman, they might not know that what they want is what is being offered until it is too late, which is what I think brings Michael's comment back into the picture.

If you want someone that badly, be there always. Then, they should see how devoted you are, and take you in. It is so in all relationships! (Love, lust, friendship, etc...)

Old 10-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #29
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh
Here here!

Although Griz, depending on the maturity of the woman, they might not know that what they want is what is being offered until it is too late, which is what I think brings Michael's comment back into the picture.

If you want someone that badly, be there always. Then, they should see how devoted you are, and take you in. It is so in all relationships! (Love, lust, friendship, etc...)
You know, one other thought here. My wife understands that the first night in which she does not sleep in my bed will also be the last night she will be allowed in my bed. In other words, we don't quit. Our marriage is a work in progress and no matter what takes place, we will not go against our marriage vows. If we get into a fight at 9pm then we either stay awake until things are worked out or we simply go to bed and work on it in the morning. There is no sleeping on the couch in my house. That mutual respect and mutual thought process will do wonders later in life.

It also goes to show the other person that you won't be walked on, taken advantage of etc. I am a door mat for no one nor is my wife. If ever either of us feel like we are being taken advantage of you had better believe there will be a discussion about it. Communications guys, communication.....

Griz

Old 10-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #30
scalesnstuff
Stacey the female side of Scales N Stuff

I as a woman have learned that there are a lot more to what is important in a guy than just looks even though it dose help!
Many qualities are important such as understanding and being compassionate, fun, trusting, a good temper and great sence of humor. Many guys really dont understand how a woman wants to be treated sad but true! Such as I love to be held and I Love cuddling or what I also call QUALITY time. I want someone i can talk to share the details of my day with. It is also very important to be able to be completely comfortable with the person your with and this is something many, many woman will really understand ! (self comfort) Every woman wants the perfect man but we all know thats not gonna happen but all in all these are the most important things in my book!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!