Bad Guy Omega Pythons - Bad Guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Royal Clutch
Angry Omega Pythons - Bad Guy

This past summer I had bought some snakes from Chris at Omega Pythons. Over the last few months I have been really tortured with writing this or not. The truth is I did get some great deals from Chris in the beginning and the first transaction or two went great. It did quickly get very bad. I just want everyone to be prepared for his arrogant approach to business and his outright lying.

First was a tiny calico that he said had eaten five times yet it was only 55 grams when I received her. She wouldn't eat anything .. I tried everything I could of ..dark tub .. everything. After almost a month I found out he was feeding everything ASF's which raised a flag with me (although if she ate one I would be very surprised). If he was feeding ASF's why not let the guy who is buying the snakes know this .. *he lost it*. After many weeks I finally got her to eat a couple of hopper mice and she is doing fine.

Lastly was a shipment I got with a Big normal female and a few others. When I opened the contents the box and snakes were infested with Mites. I have not had any experience with Mites so this was really odd for me. I did some research and was adamant these had to be snake mites. Chris was just as adamant it was rat mites and basically argued the point until I said the "black dots" were in the snake scales. After realising he wasn't going to be able to talk me off of it he offered to send my mite remedy with the next order and it would never happen again. He also tried to blame it on his friend who had sent a snake in the same package and the shipper as well.

After this we agreed not to deal anymore and there was some heated e-mails as I finally called him on his BS ... I know Chris will defend himself here by saying I was a pain in the ass asking questions etc.. and I did ask questions but considering I spent allot of money with him and allot of snakes I simply needed history and in some cases a little advice. I have seen other threads get completely out of line with breeders going back and forth but this won't happen here. I will not be responding on his reply I only ask that you be careful and see this as the warning it was meant to be... The following are snippets of the e-mails about the mite issue which should be enough for you to agree. Or disagree ,,but make up your own mind.

I know by putting this out there my character will probably be in question but I assure you this was not an easy decision. I just couldn’t let something like this happen to someone else. I am not concerned with how Chris feels about me, what’s important for me is the people who have done business with me know I am an honest person and this is a hobby to me and I love every bit of it .. there is just no room for this kind of behavior or just simply bad business.

Mites Issue: (it should be noted the albino was in quarantine)
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 4:58 PM
To: george.kinsella@primus.ca
Subject: RE: A message about your ad on

Hey George,
I'm not offended....just trying to be quiet and don't blame other people as other people doing and from now on i will be shipping only my stuff.
Also inside the reptile express store i saw my snakes inside bags in an open box next to 10 at least other open boxes full of snakes from other breeders which one of them i recognize as the rat breeder which i stopped buying due to mites 6 months ago!!!!
Anyway sorry for any inconvenience i may cause and i can guarantee you it will not happen again.
Chris
www.omegapythons.com

Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 00:50:02 -0400
Chris,

I will not be cancelling my Monday purchase. I have every intention of fulfilling our agreement. I have an albino Ball python I have had for quite some time and he was clean as can be and I didn’t notice any spots on him. Today I was taking him out and sure enough he had these “mites” under his scales ( I picked a few out to be sure) and Nikki was submerged in her water dish since last night (gave her a second bath tonight). This led me to research what I was seeing and viola (but like you said they do look the same). I am not pointing fingers, laying blame or anything of that nature. Whatever they are will be gone in due time once I receive the treatment.

I did mean to offend I truly just wanted to relay what I see because you are not here to view exactly what I am seeing. I am inclined to believe what you are saying because the first five snakes you sent me had nothing. But I just don’t see why rat mites would be under snake scales. Either way it’s been a long day for me; believe it or not I had to work *yuck*.

Good night…

George,

Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 12:29 AM
To: George Kinsella
Subject: Re: A message about your ad on

George,
When I tell u something you should believe it cause I was at your spot 4 years ago.
Mites are mites.... Both look the same just some are eating cold blood some warm.... Like humans some are vegetarians some eat meat.... But all look human.
I know where I get my mites from and what kind are and I will send u pics tomorrow crawling on my rats.
Saying that if u like to cancel the monday purchase I will have no problem.
Chris.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 1, 2011, at 23:14, "George Kinsella" <george.kinsella@primus.ca> wrote:
Hey Chris,

I did do a little research of my own on what I am seeing. The reason I did this is because you can’t see what I am seeing. In this video it shows snake mites and unfortunately that’s what I am seeing. I ordered some prevent a mite and will treat as recommended. I am sending this to you because you may have a breakout if it didn’t get picked up in transit or in the depot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_iX...eature=related

It happens .. no biggie..

George,

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:00 PM

Sweet dreams....lol

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2011, at 22:30, "George Kinsella" <george.kinsella@primus.ca> wrote:
M-Man … I am going sleep so much better lol.

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:34 PM

If it was snake mites u would not be able to see them. For sure rat mites.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2011, at 21:21, "George Kinsella" <george.kinsella@primus.ca> wrote:
I was talking with Michael and he said I should buy some so no worry and he told what to buy. I just wanted to say all the snakes are awesome and Nikki is a sweetheart.. so for sure what I am seeing is Rat mites? Or are they snake mites? I am putting an order in right now for some spray (PAM).

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:00 PM

Next time I will send u a can of mite spray.... It's always useful... Specially when u r on a buying spree... Lol. If u have more than 10-15 snakes it will eventually happen.... From rats or from other snakes.
Fill warm water and leave snakes for 15 min... Try to fill the bin as much as possible but let space to breathe.
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2011, at 19:50, "George Kinsella" <george.kinsella@primus.ca> wrote:
Sure ..sounds good

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:43 PM

Put them inside warm bath for 15 min

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2011, at 19:33, "George Kinsella" <george.kinsella@primus.ca> wrote:
OMG are you kidding me? LolРІЂВ¦ I was in there with a micros cope looking all over them. Why the hell did they end up in the box?

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:20 PM

Rat mites.... Don't feed on snakes but are on all feeders.... Mike's and mine since we buy from same rat breeder.
Nothing to worry

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2011, at 18:59, "George Kinsella" <george.kinsella@primus.ca> wrote:
So I got everyone today and they were all alive and kicking. Nikki busted out of the bag but that was no big deal. What did concern me was the box was loaded with mites

Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
First was a tiny calico that he said had eaten five times yet it was only 55 grams when I received her. She wouldn't eat anything .. I tried everything I could of ..dark tub .. everything. After almost a month I found out he was feeding everything ASF's which raised a flag with me (although if she ate one I would be very surprised). If he was feeding ASF's why not let the guy who is buying the snakes know this .. *he lost it*. After many weeks I finally got her to eat a couple of hopper mice and she is doing fine.
Why would feeding ASF raise red flags, I been feeding mice,rats, and asf to my hatchlings as they will accept mice or asf readily for the buyers.

This point really isnt valid when it comes to hatchlings eating ASF, Adults is a different story.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
laterob
Huh?

Quote:
Also inside the reptile express store i saw my snakes inside bags in an open box next to 10 at least other open boxes full of snakes from other breeders which one of them i recognize as the rat breeder which i stopped buying due to mites 6 months ago!!!!
Huh? I don't get it.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Royal Clutch
I will respond to you guys and answer your questions or concerns.

Rich: I just personally believe that if he told me the snake had eaten ASF's I may have tried one earlier. However he insisted I try rats. I didn't harp on it because in all truth I don't think the damn thing at all. My main concern was the snake was so undersized and he promised it would eat at least 5 times before shipping. I think I may have ball parked the snake at one point by looking at her to be 60 grams ..but when I actually weighed her she was 55 grams.

laterob: It was an obvious deflection to get the mite heat off of himself ..just part of the lie I needed everyone to see.

Here is his retaliation on my RC Feedback ... .
Fact 1: I am a small breeder/hobby reptile guy probably have as many snakes as Chris.
Fact 2: I spent probabaly close to 4K with Chris and he thinks I am a bad customer? hate to see a good one.
Fact 3: This shows his true character..again. I will not get into a piss fight..if I have to eat bad feedback from him so be it to save someone else the heartache .

I dumped him as my customer once and I'm sure it will happen again by others!!!
Not that anyone will ever care about him since he is not a breeder but If someone wants info on that guy pls email me and I would gladly send you all the proof you need.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #5
RichsBallPythons
Chances of a hatchling at 55 grams already down 5 meals is slim. Unless it was a small boob egg that hatched and a 30-40g baby emerged.

I always document a feeding in picture for my customer before its shipped out so they know its ate in my care to avoid situations like this.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
Show Me
Since your both from Canada this thread probably would have been better off posted in the Canadian BOI. I seen there was another bad post about Omega Pythons recently however I haven't decided any opinion on the matter yet.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
leftycrane
really?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Clutch View Post

George,
When I tell u something you should believe it cause I was at your spot 4 years ago.
Mites are mites.... Both look the same just some are eating cold blood some warm.... Like humans some are vegetarians some eat meat.... But all look human.
I know where I get my mites from and what kind are and I will send u pics tomorrow crawling on my rats.
Saying that if u like to cancel the monday purchase I will have no problem.
Chris.

If it was snake mites u would not be able to see them
. For sure rat mites.

1. just because someone says something does not mean anyone should take their word for it. He is not the authority on all snake things.

2. Not able to see snake mites? I go in to petco all the time and see their snakes with mites...yes you can see snake mites!

If someone is going to go so far as to say this kind of stuff, he is someone to avoid IMO. Thanks for the heads up

Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
Reptilecam
How can you not see mites on a snake? Thats just retarded! Mites are mites either way I wouldnt want them but he clearly has them on his rats that hes able to take pictures of them? I dont breed rats but is that common to have that bad of an infestation where you can just go take pictures the next day?
Im not sure if its the same in Canada but because ASF are illegal here in many of the states I would want to know if thats what he was feeding it seeing how I cant get them here in CA but who knows if Canada has those restrictions.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilecam View Post
How can you not see mites on a snake? Thats just retarded!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftycrane View Post
2. Not able to see snake mites? I go in to petco all the time and see their snakes with mites...yes you can see snake mites!
I can tell you from my experience, that unless the snake has had them for a while, it is very hard to see mites. I have a few arabesque boas and it is nearly impossible to see mites unless they are large (adult) mites ready to fall off the snake. If the snake is an albino, the mites stand out readily, nut in my experience it is rather difficult to see mites without actual close up inspection of the snake.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Royal Clutch
Snake Queen: The shipping box was white and there was no mistake. I could see them on the snakes clear as day.

Lefty: Your welcome for the heads up...

Show Me: Your right ..I hadn't realised there actually was a Canadian BOI. I just knew I needed to share this story. I am going to try and post it there as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!