TV COMPANY LOOKING FOR CIVIL CASES INVOLVING REPTILE & AMPHIBIAN THEFT - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
televisionshow
Arrow TV COMPANY LOOKING FOR CIVIL CASES INVOLVING REPTILE & AMPHIBIAN THEFT

I am a producer at Stick Figure Productions, a renowned documentary and television company in New York City. We are developing a series for Court TV with a nationally recognized defense attorney. (Unfortunately I can’t reveal the lawyer’s name right now.) The premise of the show is that we will find interesting, emotional cases where, in a pro hac vici capacity, our main character will share his trial room prowess with needy cases and lawyers around the country.

I am contacting your agency because I am specifically looking for any civil cases involving pet theft, where our attorney could represent the plaintiff. We will need to film the case so it will need to be a state where cameras are allowed in the court room. However, for the interests of research, I would be interested in cases from any state.

I can be reached via email at mikaela@stickfigureproductions.com. My office telephone is 212.277-3600. For more information about Stick Figure Productions, please visit www.stickfigureproductions.com.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

All my best,
Mikaela Beardsley

Old 02-08-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
Chris@TSE
two words

Bearded Pets

Old 02-08-2005, 07:15 PM   #3
SPJ
Quote:
I am contacting your agency
What agency? Rich Z Fauna Enterprises?

Old 02-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
Wilomn
This may well be attention of a nature that is not exactly positive.

He "can't" say who this big time liar is which really means "we're going to pitch this show and if we get the go ahead we'll get out the phone book and get the cheapest paralegal we can find"

Court TV is just a soap opera.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Welcome!

Mikaela,

Does it just have to be burglaries or can it also be internet fraud?

Regards.

Old 02-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #6
Ophis
I heard the lawyer was really going to be AUSTIN STEVENS! SNAKE MASTER!!!!

Old 02-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #7
Lucille
Ahem...." big time liar " excuse me, let's have a little respect for the honorable practice of the law, lol......

Old 02-08-2005, 09:55 PM   #8
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
the honorable practice of the law, lol......

Isn't that one of them there oxymoronic thingys?

Old 02-09-2005, 03:14 AM   #9
BrianB
LOL at the skeptical nature of the responses so far. Probably scared the guy away, but the OP has done their research, they should expect to find skeptics here. =)

Anyway, first question that came to mind: Is your unnamed lawyer licensed to practice in all states? This seems pretty well impossible, so what's the method by which you intend to have him take on interesting cases?

For the other questions, I can guess that "developing" does in fact mean preliminary work on a pitch in TV terms. Unlikely they have any deal with Court TV at this point for the show mentioned.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:18 AM   #10
Lucille
A pro hac vici 'case by case' attorney is usually an expert; large companies do not necessarily have expert attorneys in each state; and many times their strategy is to send the hotshot in to actually win the case but have or hire local attorneys who will have licenses and who will know local courtroom procedure.
In any case, the attorney, who has not been admitted to practice in a particular jurisdiction, will operate their temporarily for the purpose of conducting a particular case.
Wes; oxymoron, lol.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!