Screwed by Wormman.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:34 PM   #1
tommyfranklin
Angry Screwed by Wormman.com

I just want to vent about my experience with wormman.com since I saw the add on this website. I will never try to buy anything from them again. I ordered 1000 crickets from them. I received a package from them that had NO crickets. I contacted them and was told that they would send another package. I never received another package. A couple of months later I thought I would give them another chance. This time I didn't even receive a package. I was online and emailed them about the order. I received an email from Ken Chiarella immediately. He was online at the same time. He told me that he would have another package sent to me. I never received anything from them. I had paid him with PayPal and wanted to file a complaint with PayPal about wormman but they have a very short timespan for filing complaints. I have since found other sources for my insect needs and will never try Mr. Chiarella's company again and would not recommend them to anyone.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
herpcondo
Tommy I understand,,

Hey Tommy,,,
Welcome the fauna classifieds family,,
As for Wormman,, i do undertsand,,, I have a very long thread about the horrible service, and how they treat people like crap....
I will never do business with them again,, and As far as i am concerned they are by far the worst comapmy i have ever dealt with!!!!

Just a small word,, next time you have something like this,, please post it on The "Board of Inquiry" as that is the proper location for this type of thread,,,, spend a few minutes browsing it,, and you will understand why it belongs there,,,

Old 04-12-2004, 10:49 PM   #3
capitalcity
Heard This before!!

Quote:
Deleted - violation of FULL NAME rule - WebSlave

Old 04-12-2004, 11:05 PM   #4
herpcondo
Capital City,,,
Just a small note,,,
It is a rule and policy of these forums to use your full name, First and Last in every single thread you reply to,, If you don't your posts will be deleted, and you could possibly be fined,,,
Please post your full name!

Old 04-14-2004, 12:35 AM   #5
MGReptiles
I have had the sale type of thig happen to me with them. I use either LLL or reptilefood.com now. Neither has ever messed up or lied like the wormman does...
-Matt Graybeal

Old 04-14-2004, 09:19 AM   #6
Glenn Bartley
I still think there must be two (2) wormman.coms out there, it sure seems like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde to me. I have always had great service as have had some others. I don't understand the whole thing. Good to great service for some and poor to lousy for others. Oh well........no one ever said life would be easy to understand.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #7
snowgyre
Well, I've been a customer of www.wormman.com for over a year now. Last month I purchased 1000 small superworms from them and they never arrived. I waited a whole week (including one weekend) to see if they'd come and they never did. I called and emailed the company and it took me 2 days to get a response from them. They said they'd reship the worms no problem. Another two weeks went by and still no worms. I called and emailed again, and again they were difficult to get a hold of. I was assured over the phone that they were shipped. Well, I ordered these worms on February 12th. It's now March 29th and still no worms. It's ironic though, I ordered 1000 crickets at the same time (same bill!) and they arrived with no problem. It's the most expensive 1000 crickets I've ever purchased since my entire bill rang up to around $40.

I never had a problem with this company in the entire year I purchased from them. However, a company proves itself when something goes wrong and wormman just didn't cut it. I would've passed my missing superworms off as a carrier problem except that the crickets I ordered arrived right on time!

I just wanted to warn anybody that if you deal with these guys, expect horrible customer service if something does go wrong. Granted, they appear to make few mistakes, but when they do good luck getting it rectified.

I have saved copies of the emails I sent to them (if anybody's interested) but they only responded to me once (the first time) after a very long wait. That's why I switched to hunting them down over the phone and even during their advertised business hours they were difficult to get a hold of! I'm sorry, but I need reliable suppliers, especially when things go wrong. I had to buy feeders at the local Petsmart for two weeks, and when you have a dozen ovulating leopard geckos this gets expensive fast!!!

My two-cents: Shoppers beware!

Old 03-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
lpmbakery@qwest.net
Thumbs up www.reptilefood.com

Try www.reptilefood.com I have been buying from them for a few years now, They are the best... Best insects at the best prices, Beleive me I've done my homework.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:19 PM   #9
Chameleon Company
Wormman.com is a drop shipper .... a middleman. There are a few others out there in the insect business trying to sell off the older (near their demise) bugs of others. The bugs are not being shipped from wormman, and that explains the haphazard arrival. The real producers have standards for the bugs they ship with their own name on them, but must either throw out, or sell at reduced price via Wormman and others, a certain quantity of bugs that are over-production and unable to be sold within the expiration date standards of the original supplier. They at least make a few bucks selling thru Wormman, and you end up with old bugs and unreliable service. Drop-ship bug providers are to be avoided like the plague. You can get highly reliable fresh insects from true bug producers, sometimes paying a little bit more, but well worth the $2.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:51 PM   #10
Casey Hulse
Quote:
The real producers have standards for the bugs they ship with their own name on them, but must either throw out, or sell at reduced price via Wormman and others, a certain quantity of bugs that are over-production and unable to be sold within the expiration date standards of the original supplier.
I think you are mistaken Jim. If a drop shipper offers pinhead to adult sizes, how can they all be older or near their demise? As a rule most larger crickets like "adults" are closer to their demise than just hatched "pinheads"
Worman does drop ship thru other cricket companies, but as far as I know, those other companies are not "unloading" inferior quality crickets to wormans customers. I am pretty sure 1/2" crickets all come from the same tanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!