Screwed by Wormman.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:07 PM   #11
Chameleon Company
Casey,
Yes, you are correct in that 1/2" crickets are not near their demise due to old age, etc. I do not know all of the angles for the middlemen in these situations, and you may expect to be safer when ordering the smaller sized bugs, but I sure would not recommend it. I could speculate for half a page or so as to those angles. The track record here in the BOI for all the middleman shippers indicates a much higher level of risk in all transactions than with the bug producers as suppliers. I was citing one of the most frequent reasons which lead to customer dissatisfaction with such suppliers, based on specific first-hand experience and knowledge.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:15 PM   #12
Tsutton5
another unsatified

I ordered 1500 3/4 in crickets from worman and I recieved pinheads, I emailed him about 2 weeks went buy and I was told thats what I ordered! I said I didnt and that was the end of our conversations. They are rude people!!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #13
brianklein
I want to express my concern about the business practices of wormman.com. I ordered 1000 super's and 1000 red wigglers. I received a very large box that contained 1000 supers in a bag, no packing material whatsoever. The box was very large compared to the size of the contents. The box was approx 12"x12" and the worms took up about 4"x6" of space. There was no invoice, packing slip or wigglers in the box. I emailed and called and received a reply almost 3 days later that stated that the had not sent the wigglers, no explanation for the box size/ lack of packing material. The reply stated that the wigglers would be mailed mon 7/17/06. Mon came and went and no reply of tracking number. Tues I received an email the exact same email as b4! I emailed back and told them that there service was lacking and they basically told me that I was worth a good laugh!

In short I would warn others about their service practices.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:31 PM   #14
hunterjackson
I have bought many times from wormman, with no problem. i am shipping suppliers now.
Hunter Jackson

Old 07-20-2006, 12:43 AM   #15
hunterjackson
*switching suppliers

Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #16
daklieb
They are by far the worst company I have ever delt with customer service wise. As like with most of you I was able to get them on the phone once after many hours of trying. I have sent them many e-mail since then and have not gotten a single response. Oh and as for what I have had to deal with is this. I placed my order 7/25, I contact them 7/31 still having not gotten my order and they said they would send me out a new order. I got this "new order" on wed, half were dead the whole box was ant infested and DHL didnt even bother to ring the doorbell, nor did the wait for a signature. As of about 30 minutes ago I just filed with the BBB about the company I will post up the offical complaint page when they process my request. Companies like this need to be stopped.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #17
Lizardeaux
I ordered some Super worms from them 2 wks ago and have not received them. I have tried to call them and have sent many emails and have not heard from them yet.
I guess I just learned a $20.50 lesson.

Screw me once, shame on you
Screw me twice, shame on Me! They'll not get that chance!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #18
Jungle Gems
I ordered some cockroaches from them very early in the year. When I didn't receive them in a timely manner, I e-mailed and called them on many occasions and was assured they'd send them once their "supplier" had more in stock. Weeks went by and I had given up hope (my 10.00 order was no longer worth the time I spent pursuing it) until I finally received the cockroaches... almost three months later! Go figure...

Old 08-15-2006, 10:35 PM   #19
daklieb
My original message:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 10:55 AM
To: support@wormman.com
Subject: my shippment

Inquiry From

First Name: Erick
Last Name: Klieber
Email: daklieb@gmail.com
Department: Customer Service
Subject: my shippment
IP: 70.177.185.139
Date/Time: 2006-08-04 10:54:39

Inquiry:

Yesterday I recieve my order for 1000 crickets and 1000 mealworms that I
placed last tuesday. On the box it seemed to say that they were only
shipped out on monday though, which I have no problem with, but I really
would have like to know this information, If we can resolve the following
issues I would be happy to order from you again so long as I am provided
with a tracking number next time. As is usual with DHL they did not wait
for a signature nor did they even ring the door bell, but that is their
problem not yours. I was very happy with the mealworms all of them arrived
alive and in good condition. The crickets were a different story. First of
all the box was infested with ants. I had to hand pick out crickets to
salavage what I could, which by the way it's not fun digging through ants
and dead crickets to get to the few live ones. Second about half the
crickets were DOA, which dosent surpise me at all if they were truely
shipped last wed. Now I am not asking for a full replacement of my order.
I would like a good amount of them replaced, what ever you as a company feel
is fair after what I have had to deal with, with this order. I have
pictures of the DOA crickets if you would like to see them. A prompt
response would be appricated.

-Erick

---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
11 days and this is the e-mail I just got from them:

On 8/15/06, Wormman <ken_chiarella@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am sorry that your order arrived in poor condition. I will reship the
order this week, weather permitting. Thanks and have a great day.

Donna
www.wormman.com
Worm Man's Worm Farm

Thanks for choosing us! We appreciate your business.

If You have any questions or concerns, please call us at 732-656-0369.

Please remember that our office hours are Monday through Thursday 10:00 am
until 5:00 pm.

-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
The response i just gave them:

It took you 11 days to give me that response? How about a "We will send your crickets next day air and they will be at your house tomorrow". In any event I have spoken with my lawyer and filed with the Better Business Bureau. So unless you plan on having crickets to me by Thursday now (I'm nice ill wait one more day then I had originally been willing to per my other e-mail) I will still be pursuing this matter with my lawyer. As for the end of your e-mail, I don't even believe you had the nerve to add that in. Your phone number is worthless, if you cant answer your phone then maybe you need to hire more people. Paying customers deserve to talk to someone when then call for several hours straight for several weeks, and then fact it took you 11 days to answers a e-mail is even more ridiculous.

-Erick

Now mind you I have sent 3 other e-mails to them between now and the first one. How I hope this company goes under for the way they think they can disrespect people.

-Erick

Old 08-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #20
burncycle
You spoke to a lawyer over 1000 crickets?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!