Screwed by Wormman.com - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #21
techgirl
I used to use wormman for awhile. Then my last 3 shipments were horrible. The first 2 took 2 weeks to get me, but they did arrive alive. The last one in June took a full month for me to receive and more than half were dead. I couldn't reach anyone for a replacement order and since 30 days had passed since ordering, I couldn't get a reimbursement from my card company. That was the last straw. I have now switched over to reptilefood.com and am very happy with them. I only had one mistake with them, more the fault of UPS than them, and I am already getting a replacement shipment today. Definitely will never order from wormman again.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #22
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by burncycle
You spoke to a lawyer over 1000 crickets?
No kidding... I'm sure he's just BSing. Either that, or his daddy's a lawyer. Or the crickets were triple-hets.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:11 AM   #23
daklieb
Family friends are good to have.

This company needs to go under for the way they treat their customers and I will make sure that happens.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #24
daklieb
Oh and they were triple het

Old 06-26-2007, 04:53 AM   #25
livialeigh
I thought I would bump this thread because I, too, had a TERRIBLE experience with wormman. Wish I had known about the BOI then..

Olivia Massaro

Old 06-26-2007, 05:19 AM   #26
livialeigh
Ah-- I do still have the emails.. so here's the story..

I ordered lobster roaches from Wormman.com on a Sunday night/morning (around 12-1 AM, so it was borderline). By Wednesday I hadn't heard anything, so I called them. The man that answered said I had to call the customer service number, and that it was still within business hours at the time. I called, and no one answered so I left a message leaving my full name, number, order number, and order contents.

Same time the next day I hadn't heard anything, so I sent an email.. no reply to that either. I said in my message on Thursday that if I didn't hear anything back, I was going to cancel my order. I went to their website and looked up their cancellation policy.. it said that if the "cancel order" button was still available next to the receipt of the order, you can cancel.

By Friday I still hadn't heard anything.. at the end of the day I went on and cancelled my order. I went online and ordered from someone else. The next day (Saturday), the roaches arrived! The other person shipped same day, so now I was going to have way too many for one gecko.

NINE days after I place my order, three days after it had arrived, and a WEEK since my first phone call, I received this email.

Wormman <ken_chiarella@yahoo.com> wrote:
Your order was delivered to your door through the US Postal Service on the
16th. See the tracking below:

Thanks

Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7499 4793 4175

Your item was delivered at 5:01 PM on March 16, 2007 in ----, CA

Donna
www.wormman.com
Worm Man's Worm Farm

Thanks for choosing us! We appreciate your business.

If You have any questions or concerns, please call us at 732-656-0369.

Please remember that our office hours are Monday through Thursday 10:00 am
until 5:00 pm.

-----Original Message-----
From: admin@instantestore.com [mailto:admin@instantestore.com]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 3:20 AM
To: ken_chiarella@yahoo.com
Subject: New Order Received

Worm Man's Worm Farm

To: Ken

Date/Time: 03:19:55 Mon 12 Mar 2007

Ken,
You are handsome, and there has been a new order placed at Wormman.com. The
order details are as listed below.

Yours sincerely,

InstanteStore.com

http://www.instantestore.com

mailto:admin@instantestore.com

-----------------------------------------------------

Order Details:

Order ID: 53456

Date Ordered: Mon 12 Mar 2007

Payment Method: PayPal

Order Status: Order Received. Processing

Note:na

Items Ordered:

-- 1 X Lobster Roaches @ $14.95 = $14.95
- Quantities:50 Roaches ($5.00)

Subtotal: $ 14.95

Shipping: $ 0.00

Total Price: $ 14.95

Shipping Method:

----------------------------------------------------

Shipping details:

[My name/number/address are here]

I sent this back:

Yes, it was, AFTER I already canceled it and ordered from someone else. You guys are absolutely terrible. There was no point in returning my email a WEEK later. Not to mention my phone call was never returned. I cannot believe how awful your service is.
Also, keep the personal emails to yourself.
"Ken,
You are handsome, and there has been a new order placed at Wormman.com.
The order details are as listed below."

She wrote back:

Wormman <ken_chiarella@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am sorry that you are not happy with our service. We did not intentionally upset you.

You are incorrect though. Your order was placed on the 12th and you cancelled it on the 16th. The order was delivered to you on the same day as the cancellation. It actually shipped on the 13th and was delivered on the 16th. I am sorry but there is no better turn around time than that!!!

Donna
www.wormman.com
Worm Man's Worm Farm
Thanks for choosing us! We appreciate your business.
If You have any questions or concerns, please call us at 732-656-0369.
Please remember that our office hours are Monday through Thursday 10:00 am
until 5:00 pm.

I responded:

You should not have the option of canceling the order if the order has already been sent! Maybe your organization skills need to be reevaluated.

Granted, I did not ask for a refund. I didn't want to have to deal with them anymore over $14.95. Also, I know my attitude wasn't great in my email responses. I could have, and should have been more polite, but I was really fusterated with these guys. Looks like others had the same problem with no/late return of phone calls and or emails.

Olivia Massaro

Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #27
nora
wow.. how ironic, i was planning on placing an order with wormman.com in a few minutes and this just caught my eye. A friend of mine and myself had ordered once in the past and had little to no problem (except the carrier couldnt find my stupid house) so i figured I would go at it again with them, but if this is the number of people here on the BOI that have had problems with worm man, then i guess I'm going to buy from reptilefood.com instead..

Old 06-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #28
RowingMunkeyCU
just out of curiosity, what is that "handsome" stuff about? is it just me, or does it seem totally weird?

Old 06-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #29
nora
maybe they're flirting?? lol

Old 06-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #30
livialeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU
just out of curiosity, what is that "handsome" stuff about? is it just me, or does it seem totally weird?

Yeah, it was really weird. I read her email then scrolled down and saw that, and was even more upset. I said in my response, "keep the personal emails to yourself." I wonder if it's his wife? Probably not...

Olivia Massaro

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!