Screwed by Wormman.com - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #31
Lizardmen3477
Just my 2 cents reptilefood.com is expensive, to ship almost cost as much as the prouct. And also not to stick up for wormman or anything just my 2 cents i have shopped with them for years and they are by far the cheapest all together. I have never had a problem and i order every month or so for last 3 years always comes quick and everything is alive and healthy. If anyone knows cheaper please pm me but i dont think there is anything.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #32
livialeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardmen3477
Just my 2 cents reptilefood.com is expensive, to ship almost cost as much as the prouct. And also not to stick up for wormman or anything just my 2 cents i have shopped with them for years and they are by far the cheapest all together. I have never had a problem and i order every month or so for last 3 years always comes quick and everything is alive and healthy. If anyone knows cheaper please pm me but i dont think there is anything.

I think it's worth it to pay a little more to ensure that there is less of a chance your order will show up dead/empty/not at all/a month later.

Olivia Massaro

Old 06-27-2007, 12:19 AM   #33
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardmen3477
If anyone knows cheaper please pm me but i dont think there is anything.
Since when is cheaper Better. Worman.com has had a terrible track record for sometime now. I have used them in the past with mixed results. Simply not good enough when it comes to spending my money. I use Nyworms.com never had an issue. Not saying they have a great record I have just never had an issue. Everything is ontime alive and healthy and the rates are decent.

If you want a cheaperway to feed You need to raise your own.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 AM   #34
WebSlave
I've placed several orders with WormMan myself, and cannot claim they are any worse than anyone else I have ordered waxworms from over the years. Sometimes you get really good batches of them, and other times you get junk that you have to just throw out. Anytime I have filed a claim about a "junk" shipment, I have gotten a free replacement, so it's no big deal.

As for delays, well I have never been in an emergency situation ordering from them, so arrival date was really of no concern. But I don't recall any order showing up excessively late.

YMMV, of course....

Old 06-27-2007, 01:45 AM   #35
ckoppenhafer
I never cared for wormmans customer service either. One awesome place that I have been recieving feeder insects from is Southern Cricket Wholesale for the past 3 years. They are the cleanest healthiest crickets that I have ever recieved from any company and they always give awesome overcounts. Plus you really can't beat thier prices. Crystal Koppenhafer

Old 06-27-2007, 07:27 AM   #36
INSANE CANES
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckoppenhafer
I never cared for wormmans customer service either. One awesome place that I have been recieving feeder insects from is Southern Cricket Wholesale for the past 3 years. They are the cleanest healthiest crickets that I have ever recieved from any company and they always give awesome overcounts. Plus you really can't beat thier prices. Crystal Koppenhafer

Southern is a good place to order from.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #37
shespepper
Thumbs down Do NOT use wormman.com

WORST Possible internet order I've ever made.

I ordered a bin and worms well over 1 month ago....the bin finally showed up (after I sent them multiple emails), but I have no worms -- STILL. Even though they have my money.

I will be submitted a partial chargeback with my credit card company on Monday, and I STRONGLY urge anyone thinking about placing an order with this company to STAY AWAY !!! It is not worth it, and there are plenty of other reputable companies out there.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Old 07-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #38
Rock Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyfranklin
I just want to vent about my experience with wormman.com since I saw the add on this website. I will never try to buy anything from them again. I ordered 1000 crickets from them. I received a package from them that had NO crickets. I contacted them and was told that they would send another package. I never received another package. A couple of months later I thought I would give them another chance. This time I didn't even receive a package. I was online and emailed them about the order. I received an email from Ken Chiarella immediately. He was online at the same time. He told me that he would have another package sent to me. I never received anything from them. I had paid him with PayPal and wanted to file a complaint with PayPal about wormman but they have a very short timespan for filing complaints. I have since found other sources for my insect needs and will never try Mr. Chiarella's company again and would not recommend them to anyone.
Hi
I would use top hat crickets they are really good people at nice price. i use them all the time i just got some from them today all alive and packaged perfectly.
www.tophatcricket.com
thanks seth

Old 07-14-2007, 12:48 AM   #39
CurtisF
Wormman is pretty popular so I've seen a lot of their threads. Most are not good. I, myself, do not suggest them simply because it seems that for every good deal they have, you get 5 more that got it bad. It just simply isn't worth the risk to me if they were screwing over all these people in THIS one thread, out of the few more on the BOI.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #40
DD Reptiles
I used to be a dedicated customer to Wormman, purchasing crickets/supplies about every 2 weeks for about 2 years. There were a few problems along the way, but they corrected themselves and things went on.

Though about a year ago things went down hill fast, I ordered the same thing I always do, a few thousand 3/4 inch crickets and a few thousand 1/4 inch crickets some criecket crystals, etc. It never came, so I tried calling them on their complaint line, no answer, so I emailed no answer. For about 4 months I did not recieve any shipment and despite calling almost everyday they were always according to the phone "expiriencing heavy call volume" I guess a lot of other people had complaints as well, but I could always get ahold of there order line. I guess they just like to sell stuff as it must be awfully convienent for them not to be able to hear the complaints.

So after about 5 months of not being able to get ahold of them and no crickets/money back. I sent one last email just out of anger telling them how hard I have been trying to get ahold of them, they finally responded. They eventually refunded my money, on Thursday (I guess they have a specific day they do refunds on).

I have to say that was the worst xpirience I ever had buying something on the internet, I would not reccomend them to anyone, and to go with one of the other many insect suppliers.

I have since switched to Ghanns cricket farm, and I have no complaints.

Derek

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!