from the mind of an ex-theif.. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 09-21-2004, 03:46 PM   #11
chameleontat
Sorry Man, I guess I'm not perfect I sure hope you never make an error. Imagine the embarrassment a perfectionist as yourself would suffer.

Old 10-16-2004, 04:30 AM   #12
Bringerofdoom
one more thing i would like to add to this kinda relativily cheap and easy to run solution to catch burglars (take a little pc knowledge though). take a cheap 300-600mhz used pc install a webcam or a camera of somesorts to it. set the computer up like usual, get a webcam security program with web server abilities. there are several programs even if done properly you can setup backorifice onto the pc (heavily password the program) and use its plugins to be able to turn on cameras from other locations. if the program needs manual startup move the shortcut to your programs->startup section of your startmenu. once you have it all setup and the pc is running fine, strip the pc apart. then re-mount the pc to something, this could be anything ranging from a cardboard box to mounting it to the inside of your front counter at your store. just do anything to make the burglar think its not a working computer or something they just dont want or know what it is in general. turn it on now, if everything went right in the mounting the pc should startup and goto windows and load the camera software without a monitor present.

the genuis behind all of that is when your store gets broken into and you have alarms to your house, you can watch the camera from your house and record it with your pc. so they cant steal that backup you make. with the pc being apart or mounted to a desk or something at the store it makes it very hard for a burglar to steal the pc (if they knew that much about a pc, you think they be breaking into your store?).

if you use a normal unmodified pc, most crooks would steal that. they know what it is and easier to take and worth something atleast. a bunch of parts laying around hookedup would confuse them and normally they will just skip it and focus at the task at hand.

i used a very similar setup to catch a burglar that was robbing my home business. i sell custom built pc's for people, at times i can have $10,000 worth of pc's and parts laying around my house at any given time. i also live in the ghetto (no lie, every other nieghbor is a crackhead loser) for like a month i was having problems with a burglar. he never took nothing big, few ps2 games here, a video camera there, even unloaded our fridge full of food. not once did he touch any of the major electronics and pc's i had, figured a crackhead or kid had to be upto this. we finally secured the house fully, or so we thought.

i came home a week or 2 later to find $5,000+ worth of game systems, carstereo equipment, pc's, accessories, etc gone. i had enough at this point i still had some parts and my main pc still left, so i took a bunch of spare used parts and put togather a 300 mhz pc and put it in a carboard avon box and left it running. several days later it happened again, this time he was busted on "tape". turned out to be a person i knew from my friends who brought him over here before. too bad by the time the cops got him it was for murder after bashing a guys head in in my alleyway over $10 in crack.

sorry that this is lengthy i figured i would like to add how i suceeded in catching a theif and to share how a accomplished it. i dont know how many of you can do that personally or be able to hire someone to do something similar, but if you can work on a pc its not hard.

also if there are any spelling or grammatical errors please dont try to correct me or be as shallow as to judge me from it. its 4:30 am here and i was barely able to keep my eyes open long enough to type all that out. just figured others here would like to know.

Old 10-18-2004, 09:57 PM   #13
critical bill
Haha I get it...

So you have 10K worth of part laying around at one given time and you live in the ghetto next to crackheads.

And your giving advice on how to catch a burglar but you couldnt stop the one that was stealing from you.

Great joke man, you almost had me going there for a whole second.

Haha! Youre a funny guy!

Old 10-19-2004, 09:25 PM   #14
Bringerofdoom
Re: Haha I get it...

Quote:
Originally posted by critical bill
So you have 10K worth of part laying around at one given time and you live in the ghetto next to crackheads.

And your giving advice on how to catch a burglar but you couldnt stop the one that was stealing from you.

Great joke man, you almost had me going there for a whole second.

Haha! Youre a funny guy!
you think im kidding........... lol thats even funnier.

if you didnt read i did catch him on camera i had pics and everything, the cops had them too. like i said before, the guy bashed anothers guys head in in my alleyway and caught a murder rap. before the cops got him for the b&e, he was also on the run for various things. he traded in several charges + his crack dealers for a robbery and rsp charge. i also tried to contact the cops before , but the cops will not come down and file reports or "trivial stuff" like one or 2 ps2 games and stuff like that. when the $5,000 worth of stuff was stolen, he also bashed in my back door and broken down my fence and probably had help that time.

if you still dont believe me here is The person Responsible

believe what you want to believe critical bill. you dont know me, nor know what i do for a living. i am not going to post details of my business just to prove you wrong....

Old 10-20-2004, 12:01 AM   #15
critical bill
Wicked....

Imagination.

Peace-

Old 10-20-2004, 02:42 AM   #16
Bringerofdoom
Re: Wicked....

Quote:
Imagination.

Peace-
GEEE, bill i have ALOT better things to do with my time than to argue with you. YOU DO NOT KNOW ME ONE BIT, so how can you say i am lying? YOU GOT PROOF? NO.

I think its funny that you challenge me and claim i do not run my own custom pc business out my house, WHATS next going to bash me and say im imagining more things when i start breeding and selling leopard geckos next year?

i decided to try to help people and post a TRUE story to how i caught a theif on tape using a pc in a cardboard box. i was hoping to possibly give advice to others who know a little about howto build pc's, howto do the same thing. only be be called a liar................. you have no proof to back your claim.

im done commenting to this, i KNOW what i do everyday to put food on my plate and pay my bills, YOU dont.

done, over and out

Old 10-20-2004, 03:09 AM   #17
Bringerofdoom
Finally my webhost is back online.

Quote:
Imagination.

this was suposed to be on the first post of mine, but the webhost i was using was being worked on. thats the comp i used, it was hidden under my desk. with just for a added bonus ill put the webpics that it took right next to his mugshot. TRUST me it was him.....

sorry to the original thread starter for turning your thread into this. like i said im DONE. i just felt i have to clear my name, cause i can PROVE my end. NO prove yours bill................ LOL

Old 10-24-2004, 11:36 PM   #18
PD DISP
Hmm

Sounds like the only experience you had was with shoplifting, as the helpful hints were nothing Earth shattering, lol.

If a thief wants to burglarize your home or business your best line of defense is active keyholder (that actually responds when the police call), and neighborhood watch..aka nosey neighbors.

We find it's the folks that don't keep their alarm systems checked by techs (and have numerous false alarms) to be the ones that usually get hit the hardest. They get lax about responding...the police take the "If you don't car why should I?" attitude..and ce la vie.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:05 AM   #19
Fartknocker
It's none of my business, but it's a forum so I'm gonna put in my $.05 worth. I don't understand when somebody posts a message that is meant to be useful to others, and you have persons with an IQ that's the same number as their shoe size chiming in, making light of a situation that hits one of the places where it hurts most, "their pocketbook or billfold. To those with negative remarks to a otherwise positive thread, apparently you have never had anything taken from you. I have, and it's a feeling of being "raped" or violated. I guess as long as there are forums there will be morons that have no idea what day of the week it is. I am grateful to the people who give there time, to possibly help others from being violated.

Fartknocker

Old 11-28-2004, 12:46 AM   #20
critical bill
Well, if you can relate being robbed to being punked in the keester then we know who the moron really is. That you can relate a burglary, mugging, or theft to a "rape" is shameful and just downright stupid. If you have had anything taken from you it must have been your brain. Do you have any compassion for victims of a sexual assault? You care to tell my wife that your monetary loss is equivalent to her case of sexual assault?

Did the big bad robber who stole from you ejaculate in you and pass on a sexually transmitted disease?

You have NO IDEA what if feels like to be raped and God forbid it happens to you. You will quickly understand that a case of robbery feels nothing like rape.

Please send me your paypal address so I can make a donation to help you recover your monetary loss and to keep you from making another assinine comment like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartknocker
To those with negative remarks to a otherwise positive thread, apparently you have never had anything taken from you. I have, and it's a feeling of being "raped" or violated. I guess as long as there are forums there will be morons that have no idea what day of the week it is. I am grateful to the people who give there time, to possibly help others from being violated.

Fartknocker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!