Bad Guy I was SCAMMED by Joe Oswald - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
GotBoas
Thumbs down I was SCAMMED by Joe Oswald

Hello everyone,

"Bait and Switch scam"

PayPal dispute in progress.

My name is Chas from Patriotic Pets and Got Boas? in San Diego.

Situation:
I attempted to purchase a 'bloody salmon het albino' from Joe Oswald / Bay Area Boas. At first everything seemed very professional. We are both military so we hit it off. We agreed on a picture ID, confirmed genetics, agreed on the price, but the wrong snake arrived. I pointed out why I felt the snake was not the same, he became defensive and argued that it was. Joe also claimed the pic ID we agreed on was only a couple of weeks old and that the snake in question was the only snake there for the last 6 months which is why he knows it is the same snake.

Supporting Details:
We agreed on the details (ID and genetics) in Facebook messenger, then he blocks me on Facebook in the middle of trying to resolve the situation, he then texts me and says we never agreed on an ID, only genetics. Not sure if he thought blocking me would hide the messenger messages, but it didn't. The pix I attached show the evidence of Joe's Bait and Switch deception. I have several other pix but can't load everything. There is also a thread started in FaceBook on 'Boa Constrictor Keepers' discussing this situation with additional snake pix showing the differences, but the deception is clear with just the few I attached.

I hate being the one that has to post this drama, but no one should have to deal with this and everyone needs to be careful with Joe.

Joe, if you would have just apologized for the misunderstanding, maybe because you were under the weather or something, we could have handled this. There was no reason for you to attempt to lie your way out of it.

Respectfully,
Chas
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
Andy_G
Sorry that you didn't get what you quite clearly agreed upon. This make Joe Oswald seem shady at best. Have you informed him that this thread is up?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
Robert Walker
Is this the same Joe Oswald in question?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=99779
Thanks

Old 08-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
Snake-Queen
Can you attach the messages that show that he specifically states he is sending that snake?

Old 08-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #5
InTheMud75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Can you attach the messages that show that he specifically states he is sending that snake?
I don't think that's even needed. The OP is asking if "He" still looks the same which alone would imply that the conversation is about a specific animal.

EVEN if that's not enough, the seller states that is the ONLY one he's had for months which would clearly suggest that this wasn't a wholesale person with a generic pic representing multiple animals.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
elena
In addition to getting a different snake than the one he ordered, the OP now has to wonder if this different snake in fact has the same genetics as the one he ordered, especially in light of the seller's obvious lie about only having one snake like that in his possession. The OP paid for a possible super bloody salmon het albino. Assuming the OP can visually confirm that the animal is a bloody salmon, it still remains up in the air if it does indeed come from a pairing that could produce supers, and if it is in fact carrying the albino gene.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:17 PM   #7
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
In addition to getting a different snake than the one he ordered, the OP now has to wonder if this different snake in fact has the same genetics as the one he ordered, especially in light of the seller's obvious lie about only having one snake like that in his possession. The OP paid for a possible super bloody salmon het albino. Assuming the OP can visually confirm that the animal is a bloody salmon, it still remains up in the air if it does indeed come from a pairing that could produce supers, and if it is in fact carrying the albino gene.
Very valid point.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #8
Ed Clark
Seems like the only hang up here is the seller not wanting to eat the $60.00 shipping which is completely understandable.he did talk refund.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #9
Ed Clark
I hit the submit button too fast.

The seller sent the wrong snake,for whatever reason it does not matter. I think he should eat the shipping costs it was his mistake.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:42 PM   #10
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMud75 View Post
I don't think that's even needed. The OP is asking if "He" still looks the same which alone would imply that the conversation is about a specific animal.

EVEN if that's not enough, the seller states that is the ONLY one he's had for months which would clearly suggest that this wasn't a wholesale person with a generic pic representing multiple animals.
True enough.

The seller stating that that was the only snake he had is an obvious lie, so anything out of his mouth/fingers is suspect.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!