who incubates eggs using the albey way? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-17-2004, 07:32 AM   #1
Xavier
who incubates eggs using the albey way?

I found another clutch of eggs with mold tonight, not to say my incuabtion meathod is the cause but it wasn't expected. I had the ones I found are the 3rd clutch of a female which hasn't given me any viable eggs, maybe its just her. Today do was the first time I seen sweating and they where just laid on 13th. The other clutch I found mold on looked perfect, they where laid 39/3/04. I found mold on them 2-3 days ago and lightly brushed athletes foot powder on both. The later where a few days ago and they look good still. I added the exact amount of water as directed. This is my first year of breeding so maybe its just that my females having more than one clutch of infertile eggs or that they didn't stay with the male long enough.
Xavier

Old 04-17-2004, 08:00 AM   #2
A&M Gecko
Hi Xavier
I do use Albey incubation method and it works great for me. I do moist a little more then what he says, I go for 1.1 ratio instead of the 0.8 and I do change all the perlite every time all the eggs in the same container have hatched because of ammonia condensation in the perlite from the liquid coming out of the eggs when the eggs hatch. The rest is the same and works great. Regarding the infertile eggs, I had perfectly healthy female, few years back, lay infertile eggs the all season even though I witness the male mating with her several times. I have no good explanation for that, maybe my old diet was not as good as the new mealies/vionate diet? I do not know that, but since I have been using it I never had problems like that anymore.
Regards Alberto

Old 04-17-2004, 11:29 AM   #3
Xavier
Quote:
Originally posted by A&M Gecko
Hi Xavier
I do use Albey incubation method and it works great for me. I do moist a little more then what he says, I go for 1.1 ratio instead of the 0.8 and I do change all the perlite every time all the eggs in the same container have hatched because of ammonia condensation in the perlite from the liquid coming out of the eggs when the eggs hatch. The rest is the same and works great. Regarding the infertile eggs, I had perfectly healthy female, few years back, lay infertile eggs the all season even though I witness the male mating with her several times. I have no good explanation for that, maybe my old diet was not as good as the new mealies/vionate diet? I do not know that, but since I have been using it I never had problems like that anymore.
Regards Alberto
Thanks very much Alerto, I just adopted you diet yesterday. I went out and bought ash trays at wal-mart and purchased a 8oz bottle vionate. I was tired of having to collect crickets everyday and have them poop all over my substrate in the leos cage before they got eatten. The way you made it sound makes it much easier I can feed them less often but have the eat just as much and it is all in a localized area.
Xavier

Old 04-17-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
riverjop
Alberto, is it possible that the female might just be sterile? or just infertile and unable to produce any fertile eggs?

Old 04-17-2004, 02:48 PM   #5
Xavier
Quote:
Originally posted by riverjop
Alberto, is it possible that the female might just be sterile? or just infertile and unable to produce any fertile eggs?
I think he was just giving an example from one year, I was getting the impression he has since gotten hatchlign from her.
xavier

Old 04-17-2004, 02:51 PM   #6
diablohogs
Quote:
they where laid 39/3/04.
what month is that?

Old 04-17-2004, 02:54 PM   #7
diablohogs
i use the albey method...i think. cept i think he uses perlite...i use vermiculite.

1:1 weight ratio water to vermiculite
but i double check it by pinching it to see that it holds together.

ive never seen any mold from using that method.

Old 04-17-2004, 03:01 PM   #8
A&M Gecko

She laid about 10 clutches the year after. I just do not know what happened there but I know that can happen. The male bread 10 + more females with success that year as well.
Alberto

Old 04-17-2004, 03:03 PM   #9
riverjop
OH, ok I think that is a new day! LOL

Old 04-17-2004, 03:05 PM   #10
Xavier
Quote:
Originally posted by diablohogs
what month is that?
oops I meant the 29th or march 04

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!