Purple Translucent Siblings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Bearded Dragons

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 02:23 AM   #1
bloodbankdragons
Purple Translucent Siblings

Purple Translucent Siblings - $500each

One of the Purple Siblings of above Translucents....NOT FOR SALE

Next day arrival via next day FedEx.

Buy today and have a new bearded dragon on your doorstep tomorrow.

Call anytime. Late calls welcome.

Barry
Call: 503-396-8402
OR
Email: barry@bloodbankdragons.com

***If you would like to get a Full Price List, Exclusive Pictures and Special Prices, email us and be added to our e-mailing list***

http://www.bloodbankdragons.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-17-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
Omnomnami
The dragons at your facility never cease to amaze me...

Got any purple trans that ARE available?

Old 12-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
dragonluver83
Is the "Purple Translucent" a heterozygous gene? Im pretty sure its not a co-dom trait. Its a nice animal, but if your not sure the "purple trait" can be reproduced through there siblings, then 500 bucks is kinda high to pay for a normal translucent??? Am i wrong???

Old 12-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Bearded Ambitions
Sorry but i agree.
Tom has some dragons that are FREKIN AMAZING.
BloodBank also has Amazing dragons.
No clue if Toms bloodline is or is Not related Bloodbank.
However Tom has some of the most Amazing dragons I have seen Yet at un comparable prices, best I have seen yet.
??? i know this isnt a breeder battle and not trying to harp on your dragons
Bloodbank But is the purple a co-dom trait or no?

Old 12-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
bliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
Is the "Purple Translucent" a heterozygous gene? Im pretty sure its not a co-dom trait. Its a nice animal, but if your not sure the "purple trait" can be reproduced through there siblings, then 500 bucks is kinda high to pay for a normal translucent??? Am i wrong???
If it is a heterozygous trait, what are the chances you'll come across another purple (or even purple-ish) colored dragon that is unrelated? i would guess not high. I'm inclined to agree with you, Tom

If you can only get purple colored dragons with the trans gene, then i guess would make it heterozygous.. so i guess my question would be can only dragons that are trans have this color?

edit-- I don't know if my question makes sense... but to make myself a little clearer: "is the purple coloration separable from the trans gene?"

Old 12-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #6
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Ambitions View Post
Sorry but i agree.
Tom has some dragons that are FREKIN AMAZING.
BloodBank also has Amazing dragons.
No clue if Toms bloodline is or is Not related Bloodbank.
However Tom has some of the most Amazing dragons I have seen Yet at un comparable prices, best I have seen yet.
??? i know this isnt a breeder battle and not trying to harp on your dragons
Bloodbank But is the purple a co-dom trait or no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful88 View Post
If it is a heterozygous trait, what are the chances you'll come across another purple (or even purple-ish) colored dragon that is unrelated? i would guess not high. I'm inclined to agree with you, Tom

If you can only get purple colored dragons with the trans gene, then i guess would make it heterozygous.. so i guess my question would be can only dragons that are trans have this color?

edit-- I don't know if my question makes sense... but to make myself a little clearer: "is the purple coloration separable from the trans gene?"
No not a battle at all!!! but those translucents are being advertised with the purple translucent, that's not for sale.. and why put the purple trans in the ad if those animals wont for sure reproduce more purple translucents. that why i wanna know whats up with the bloodline???

Daniel: I have seen Steven with some purple translucents (very few), and i have seen Alpha dragons with "lavender" translucent. that have the purple markings (very few, and i havent seen any from him this year so maybe that breeding went south!)... but since there both translucents thats you cant cross them! you would have to take the hets from one breeder and the actual purple translucents from the other breeder to maybe up the possibility to produce "purple translucents"... And then even from there what are the odds????

I have and produced translucents, from normal translucents, hypo translucents, trans leathers, and hypo translucents leathers. I havent come close to seeing purple in any of my translucents. I have seen some beautiful blues that usually color in as they get bigger. but nothing purple.

AS far as the "purple coloration" and being apart of the "translucent gene" i know i have seen animals that have been known as a "lavender" color but its no purple! or really even looks purple.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
bmfp
im pretty sure this is the for sale section not the BOI section

Old 12-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
dragonluver83
who said anything about the b.o.i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmfp View Post
im pretty sure this is the for sale section not the BOI section
I am pretty sure were trying to figure out if the purple gene is het or not. There is no "bad guy" or "good guy"remark here. Matt may have been alittle off on his point, but you may want to re read this thread. And I am sure if something is outta place the correct people will fix the problem. Thanks for your concern.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
nick_c
I would be interested in the details of the genetics for the purple as well. I will say it does seem a bit steep. However, if PROVEN, a het trait would be more valuable to me. A longer process to produce a morph would raise the value and less would be produced compared to a co-dominant trait. More patience involved but well worth the wait. Either way very interesting and nice dragon guys!

Old 12-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
dragonluver83
good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_c View Post
I would be interested in the details of the genetics for the purple as well. I will say it does seem a bit steep. However, if PROVEN, a het trait would be more valuable to me. A longer process to produce a morph would raise the value and less would be produced compared to a co-dominant trait. More patience involved but well worth the wait. Either way very interesting and nice dragon guys!
That would be the good thing about the retail end of the purple trans. Bad thing is how much do think that "purple translucent" is going to cost you. look how much for a sibling.

I would also like to thank Barry and or Steven for all the helpful info they added to this thread. Great customer service guys. You def. made up my mind if i wanted a purple trans sibling or not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!