Question... Opinions appreciated - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
Biscuit71
Question... Opinions appreciated

I am thinking about getting into kingsnakes and not really sure where to start out. I currently keep balls and Boas, and would like something a little more "colorful". I like to looks for the King snakes, and the sizes will fit in nicely with what I already have by staying small.. (dont need many more big ones). Whats a good kind for someone that is looking to get started with them that already has snake experience? Which ones have the best colors in the category? A few names would be good so I can atleast start looking in one direction or another... thanks...

Old 01-24-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
Mikesnake
If you're looking for color and variety, you can't beat corn snakes. There are many morphs and different colors. But, personally, I like California kingsnakes. Great appetites and very docile. Honduran milksnakes are cool too.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 AM   #3
DISCERN
Well, it all boils down to what really gets you going in the way of colors and patterns on kings. There is so much variety to choose from, that it could be very hard to decide, especially if you are trying to limit your numbers of your collection.

Is there anyone you know that has kings that you can go visit and check out in person? Or are there any decent reptile shows in or near your area? If so, go to a show and look at all the kings and see what really sets you off and grabs your attention. Again, so much to choose from, and it will depend on what colors that you like the best.

Here are some faves of mine:
Albino Nelson milks
Hi white desert cal kings
Hypo cal kings
Gray banded kings-make sure they are eating unscented mice ( my favorite kings )
Here is a pic of my most recent grayband and my hi white cal king.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #4
DISCERN
uh oh...

Grayband pic didn't show up..here it is...

Old 01-24-2007, 01:19 AM   #5
DISCERN
one more time.....

Three's a charm?
Sanderson Co. grayband
Light phase non locale grayband
Tarahumara Mtn. king
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2007, 11:30 PM   #6
densnake1
Sean, the greybands are nice. So are the Chihuahua Mt. kings(knoblochi). I had both, but sold them to make room for more boas.lol The albino Ruthvens I had was awesome. I also had another pair of Ruthvens, that produced last year, some Cal kings and some Variables. I just bought what jumped out at me. Good luck.
Dennis Cook

Old 01-28-2007, 05:39 AM   #7
DAND
Sean,

You may want to maybe check out the classifieds to see if there is any color/morph that catches your eye. Ruthveni and the GB would be my suggestion though.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
densnake1
Sean, what did you decide to go with? Take it easy.
Dennis Cook

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!