Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #81
Willow
Samantha you REALLY think you will not lose a large number of sales over this??

Anyone who reads this will clearly label you a Bad Guy....and anyone who doesn't...feel free to defend her here, because I know a lot of people that would like to be informed of who would defend this type of care and behavior.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #82
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles View Post
I just read it all. I have a smart phone so when the browser is left up it says I'm reading. You're saying the snake was sick when I sold her. Obviously not because he saw she was healthy enough to buy.
So, in your expert opinion, all ailments are visible? Tell me, what's the key to spotting a load of internal parasites via an external examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles
I bought a savannah as a baby, got her and noticed on her feed card it said she had a twisted umbilicus. So that breeder should get a bad guy thread for not telling me that? No because the animal is healthy and eating
If you felt that there were consequences that arose directly for the twisted umbilical cord, addressed them with the seller, and were eventually told to go pound sand, yes, you'd be warranted in starting a BOI thread in that hypothetical scenario.

What you seem to be desperately trying not to see is the clear distinction between your hypothetical situation and this real-life one. This snake was sold with undisclosed issues and is NOT healthy and/or feeding.

Quote:
she ate 3 times in a row without refusing. Then she gets to his house and doesn't eat a single thing. Yet this is my fault? I love fauna boi. I told him the snake was a sketch feeder and he forgot. Not my fault.
As Willow just pointed out for you, again, there has been a few flip-flops on your own outlook regarding this snakes feeding tendencies.
Quote:
Eating once a month for 5 months is not a feeding snake in my opinion.
Quote:
It was healthy and eating in my care. .
It's not a reliable feeder when it comes time to justify to yourself making the choice of dumping it off on someone else. But when that person has the same problem, the snakes suddenly fine in your book? Not being able to keep a story straight seems to be a pattern I'm noticing with your group. Is Kelly sharing her meds?

Old 07-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #83
Shiacolyte
Quote:
Say what you want willow, it doesn't phase me. 1.)the snake is in precious toms care as he sees himself a vet. 2.)He told me he didn't want a refund or anything so nothing else I can do now. 3.)I'll keep selling and have happy customers. i wont lose sleep if you don't buy from me willow. People are more than welcome to come see the rest of my healthy and happy collection.

1.) yes, the snake is being seen by Tom because he has offered to come down and check the animal out to see if he can help us in the effort of getting this snake to eat / get back to health (considering he's had more experience with snakes than we have.. I welcome his help!

2.) you're right.. I DO NOT want my money back, because that would mean you getting this poor thing back and that's not going to happen.. HOWEVER that being said, I not once said there was NOTHING you could do.. if you so feel inclined a trip to the vet on your dime would be amazing in my opinion, matter of fact you can choose the vet in Phoenix and we will go together =D, but seeing as how I know that isn't going to happen I will end up footing that bill myself (willingly because I care about my animals), if whatever Tom does/recommends doesn't work.

3.) THAT is the mentality and the attitude that brought this out, thinking you can over a customer and just move on?.. I promise it doesn't work that well remember all the websites and forums and everything you have access to.. so does everyone else, do you honestly think that people aren't going to know the kind of that you do when it comes to snakes that "aren't worth your time and dedication" let alone the rest of your snakes that you .. "breed" and attempt to sell to the public because that's really the only people that don't read places like this before buying as the majority of ALL hobbyists and breeders know about BOI's and where to find them as well as research who they are buying from. -food for thought-

Old 07-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #84
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiacolyte View Post
1.) yes, the snake is being seen by Tom because he has offered to come down and check the animal out to see if he can help us in the effort of getting this snake to eat / get back to health (considering he's had more experience with snakes than we have.. I welcome his help!

2.) you're right.. I DO NOT want my money back, because that would mean you getting this poor thing back and that's not going to happen.. HOWEVER that being said, I not once said there was NOTHING you could do.. if you so feel inclined a trip to the vet on your dime would be amazing in my opinion, matter of fact you can choose the vet in Phoenix and we will go together =D, but seeing as how I know that isn't going to happen I will end up footing that bill myself (willingly because I care about my animals), if whatever Tom does/recommends doesn't work.

3.) THAT is the mentality and the attitude that brought this out, thinking you can over a customer and just move on?.. I promise it doesn't work that well remember all the websites and forums and everything you have access to.. so does everyone else, do you honestly think that people aren't going to know the kind of that you do when it comes to snakes that "aren't worth your time and dedication" let alone the rest of your snakes that you .. "breed" and attempt to sell to the public because that's really the only people that don't read places like this before buying as the majority of ALL hobbyists and breeders know about BOI's and where to find them as well as research who they are buying from. -food for thought-
Atta boy Daniel! Chick is borderline looney and psycho! Precious Tom.. Damn, I like that title! (Head just popped)

You are floatin' at the top of the/your Fish Bowl Samantha, I don't think anything can bring ya back from this one.....

Oh wait, you apologize right now, to Daniel, forget me, that ain't gonna happen, and PAY FOR THE VET TRIP! DO IT! I challenge ya! Cuz guess what, now I'M SPENDING MONEY cuz 'o' ya! You are ruthless! C yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #85
Mooing Tricycle
Why the heck didnt you bring a fecal to the vet when you had her, to get her checked for parasites? That was pretty much my immediate thought process when i saw how much weight she lost in how little time. Give me a break!!! It costs very little money to have a fecal done, and only slightly more to get the medication needed, if she has a massive load.

Did anybody do a fecal on her?

Old 07-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #86
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Why the heck didnt you bring a fecal to the vet when you had her, to get her checked for parasites? That was pretty much my immediate thought process when i saw how much weight she lost in how little time. Give me a break!!! It costs very little money to have a fecal done, and only slightly more to get the medication needed, if she has a massive load.

Did anybody do a fecal on her?
This was to Samantha, sorry. But really, i guess everybody getting a new critter should have that stuff done. So why was none done by either party when feeding issues presented themselves?

Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #87
Willow
I agree a fecal should be done, and should HAVE been done long ago by Samantha in the first place.

Being fairly new to this stuff, I can understand why Daniel would have tried everything in his power to get the snake to eat, without thinking much of parasites. He was not informed of the weight loss...so in his mind, this was a healthy 2000 gram snake that happened to be a picky eater.

A fecal really should be done tho, more so to be sure it really is parasites and not something else.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #88
Spyral
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftycrane View Post
I always think its funny that the people who say "I have a life outside of this thread" are the ones who are in the wrong and scrambling for a way to cover their…yeas.
Combine that with "I've never had a problem before, everyone ELSE is happy", backtracking, contradicting, blowing off issues and having a poor sense of customer service really is like a page out of a scammer's handbook. I'm not saying the seller is a scammer, but her practices are somewhat worrying. Plus, her frustrations seem to make her act even more defensively, which tends to put future customers off. As has been repeated so many times, it's not how many good deals you've had, but how you react when something goes wrong. Something is wrong now.

I think that not disclosing the full history of this "sketchy" feeder was a bad move but a forgivable one if she could own up to it and learn from it. Saying "I made a mistake, I shouldn't have done it and how do I fix this for my customer as well as my reputation?" is a better way to go about this rather than flat out denial of any past problems.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #89
Shiacolyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
This was to Samantha, sorry. But really, i guess everybody getting a new critter should have that stuff done. So why was none done by either party when feeding issues presented themselves?

You're right and I will deffinitely have a fecal done, being kinda new to the whole BP thing I was under the impression that she was just a picky feeder and that it happens. I was even told that by Ms. Walters, so didn't think much of it.. HOWEVER given the new insight that I myself just received a day ago about this whole 1000 grams loss and gain in such a short time, I will deffinitily be having a vet check this poor girl out and get things taken care of.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #90
Brandy Pecanic
Quote:
Say what you want willow, it doesn't phase me. the snake is in precious toms care as he sees himself a vet. He told me he didn't want a refund or anything so nothing else I can do now. I'll keep selling and have happy customers. i wont lose sleep if you don't buy from me willow. People are more than welcome to come see the rest of my healthy and happy collection.

Are you kidding me! OMG! I can't stand your snarky crummy attitude!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!