Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #61
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Do you have some reason to believe Jon will not refund when he's able to see these animals in front of him?
I am wondering the same thing since Jon seems to have a pretty solid reputation. To think the OP is so skeptical that he would refuse to send LIVE animals back before a refund is a bit dramatic. Especially since most TOS requires the animals first.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #62
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23 View Post
Generally animals are returned first and then refund.
Yes you right generally buyer should return the animals first but after many times promised from him but still didn't get what I paid no way I can trust him again. Let me list how many times I trust him in this deal.

1. July paid full amount right after we agreed the price.

2. In August when I received the animals from post office I told him I think it is a male, even I have never keep this species before, I can tell it is a male, but he said it is a female, wait I will see the differentce
later, I trust him with that.

3. In Sept it turned out a male even he agreed with that, he said he should have a female in a month to replace it, I trust him again.

4. In Oct he said still don't have the female yet again should have one in a month, also asked me if have back up plan, I told him how about refund, he never answer me again even I sent him two more email after that.

Should I trust me again?
My opinion if I am him, I will refund the money right away to show I am a good dealer, especially if I made so many promised but non of them come true.

Wai

Old 12-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #63
laterob
Ken/ Wai - why would you not be interested in a female that would not set your timeline back, at no additional charge to you?

I'm starting to get the feeling, too, that OP is fishing.

I'm not sure how your trust was violated the first time. In no way defending poor communication, but everyone seems to be in agreement that it was an honest mistake that the seller is willing (if not eager) to rectify.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #64
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
Ken/ Wai - why would you not be interested in a female that would not set your timeline back, at no additional charge to you?

I'm starting to get the feeling, too, that OP is fishing.

I'm not sure how your trust was violated the first time. In no way defending poor communication, but everyone seems to be in agreement that it was an honest mistake that the seller is willing (if not eager) to rectify.
I don't know what made you think I am not interested in female, I been waiting for him to come up a female replace the male for 3 months, where is the female now, as what he promised the couple times he should have it in a month, month after the other month?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #65
laterob
He is searching for a suitably sized female, even trying to get one from Germany.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #66
Otter_23
I would but that's your call.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #67
allesuberschildkroten
It seems since everyone likes Jon they don't want this to be a bad guy post, and I think that is clouding some of the statements being said. And everyone is missing the point. Ken wants his money back and Jon stopped communication for almost 2 months. Just because personal issues come up doesn't mean you can just abandon your customers and stop doing business. If the OP wants a refund he should be given one and Jon should pay to have the other male shipped back since he doesn't want it.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #68
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
Wow. First, Jon, I'm happy your life is getting back together. Good luck. So let me get this straight. Jon "miss-sexed" a couple young geckos and Ken ended up with two males. Jon is going to send Ken, at no expense a female that will be old enough to breed this coming breeding season. He gets to keep the extra male to use as a backup or to sell. How is this not a good deal? This is the reptile breeding business, not a factory. I understand Ken feeling put off, but at the same time Jon seems to be going to a lot of trouble and expense to not only fix the mistake but it seems Ken's going to come out ahead over time thanks to Jon's error and the fact that Jon's a good businessman. Just my opinion for what it's worth
Yes, he "mis sexed" a couple young geckos that he advertised as a pair. NOT WAI'S FAULT. But not for this thread Wai knew nothing about Jon's intentions to fix this. Jon may be the best business man on the planet, but he wasn't this time. Personal turmoil aside, business is business. There is no excuse for ignoring a customer.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #69
laterob
Wai, it looks like you emailed him twice, about a week apart, in Sept. By Oct, he said it should be another month or so.

I don't see where he kept saying "a month more" over and over.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #70
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
I don't know what made you think I am not interested in female, I been waiting for him to come up a female replace the male for 3 months, where is the female now, as what he promised the couple times he should have it in a month, month after the other month?
I think this is part of the problem. I would either decide to wait for a female or follow through with the refund immediately. This is the same issue I noticed in the emails. If you are going to take a chance at waiting, you should understand what you are involving yourself in. If you don't have have faith, then only pursue the refund.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!