getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2006, 12:35 AM   #71
Vinny D
yes, i was paralized for 3 days i wasent on a venalitor at all. i just couldent walk the curator of reptiles @ the philla zoo's name is Brint Spencer but it's hard to reach him unless you have his # i do but i cant post it. just call the philla zoo and ask for Brint and he will tell you anything you want to know about my bites.. but maybe he wont ill leave a message for him saying you might get a call about my envenomations and it's ok to tell them.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:38 AM   #72
Tim Cole
Thumbs down So much

for this forum supporting the respect and appreciation for venomous snakes! You can take your Round-up mentality and That EXPLAINS a lot about Vinny!

Old 03-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #73
Vinny D
well if i couldent walk for 3 days and had no necrosis. the doctors and Brint @ the philla zoo says it was a neurotocic envenomation HHMORE. i under stand what you are saying but it was. im not lying to you guys. u saw the pic of my hand about 5 days after no necrosis at all. i have 2 little scars where the fangs went in thanks all.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:55 AM   #74
JimmySSSnakes
vinny

I don't support round-ups, but I was curious as to where you found a western diamondback sacking contest in Pennsylvania. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Sorry about your wreck man,
James

Old 03-02-2006, 06:59 AM   #75
crotalusadamanteus
As for the bite, and verifying it with that curator. That's not what I am after personally. I am after evidence that C. adamanteus has an isolated population that is a primarily neurotoxic carrier. Like has been said, if the bite had enough venom to paralyze you within 5 minutes, than you got a good dose, and should definately have some amont of tissue destruction. You don't have ANY.
Must be a pretty profitable thing these "sacking contests". I mean, if they spend the money to import rattlesnakes for the ordeal. Unless Atrox has expanded it's range drastically in recent years, they don't even come close to that part of the country. Every round up I have seen, they do just that. Round up "local" rattlesnakes for these cowboy type games. They don't haul them in from the other side of the country.

Any body have a smiley icon that's digging a hole? It would work perfect right about now.

Rick

Old 03-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #76
Vinny D
i dont support round-up's eigher. here in pa they had a northern copperhead roung up. the western's were from the ppl that were doing to event. i didnt do the round up, but i did the atrox sacking contest. i had to get in a pit 8' x 8' and sack 5 atrox's in the fastest time. of cource we had to wear jeans and snake bite proof boot's "which only help a little." the snakes were pretty calm most likely they were really stressed. i sacked all 5 WDB's in 46.2 seconds. it was a cool experience, but i do not like stressing the snake's out. and i was alout more gentle with them than all 15 other handlers. since we had to pin their head and 3-point hold them on the neck which can cause some serious injury's if you dont do it right. but i did it, and no 1 got bit which i thought some ppl were, because the way they were doing it and holding them. i might do it this year again, but im still not sure. but i do want the round-up's banned in pa. they say ppl must relece them where they found them. well we all know that didnt happen. and thats why their's not that many coppers in lancaster county pa... thanks for reading..

Old 03-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #77
hhmoore
Rick - many of the roundups use "imported" rattlers (that is to say, imported from other areas). a far cry from the initial purpose of the events, don't you think?

Vinny - The answer is pretty simple. If you don't agree with them, DON"T SUPPORT THEM. That means don't go, don't participate...just don't.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #78
Vinny D
HHMOORE i dont support the roundup's the sacking contest is a different thing. i see what you are saying. thats why i said i dont think im going to do it again. thanks

Old 03-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #79
Vinny D
also hhmoore when will you have some of those beautifyl bloods for sale and how much. thanks

Old 03-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #80
Scott Ashton
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
i dont support round-up's eigher.

Quote:
i might do it this year again, but im still not sure.

Quote:
but i do want the round-up's banned in pa.

Vinny - Are you related to John Kerry?

If the sacking contest is part of the round-up event then by attending you are supporting the round-up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!