Inquiry Alterna Rush the movie, Small Scale Films, Dan Krull - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #111
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Krull View Post
I had to retire to the local Starbucks when the library closed, and now I must head home to make dinner for my family, and put the kids to bed. It is taking a long time to create all these pdf's, gather the screen shots sent by others, and form a response to the many legitimate questions, as well as the groundless accusations. I will rejoin the effort when the kids are in bed. I borrowed my mother's laptop, so I will be able to complete this task. Thank you for your patience.

Dan
Dan, it is noon the next day and nothing of a substantive nature from you at all. Will you make further excuses and have the weekend will pass without response?
To me, your children are a reason to be honest and forthcoming, not to be used as an excuse not to say something. You need not write an opus, 15 minutes can (and could have) been used to address at lead some of the issues here.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #112
Dan Krull
Hello everyone,

I apologize for taking so long to make this post. I simply don't have a lot of spare time, and I have some other limitations that prevented me. I agree with Lucille it is important that I respond to the questions raised here, and I intend to do so at length. Let me also apologize for the length of this post. There have been so many attacks, as well as legitimate questions, that it has taken me quite some time to compile them, and assemble my responses and their accompanying evidence. As an adult, I have never been subjected to this sort of attack, and to be honest, I wasn't really sure the appropriate way to begin to respond to it, and I found that it takes a lot of time and effort to address every slight, implication and lie when they are piled on so heavily, and across so many different websites.

l also find it incredibly deflating to be subjected to this many insults when I have always tried to do my best and help our community and the animals we love. I would be lying if I said it didn't bring me down a bit to read through this thread. As I have said before, I am by no means perfect, and I have made some blunders; big ones, and I freely admit it. All I can do, all anyone can do, is to attempt to make them right and move forward. I am trying to do so, despite people like Gregg who are standing in the way.

Also, I'm sure that this post will not be the end of this for Gregg. I'm sure he will do his research and find any little moment he can exploit to show I'm not perfect, and that I have screwed up. I'll save him the trouble. I'm not perfect. I have screwed up. I am doing my best. I have said the wrong thing, I have misled people, and I have withheld information when I shouldn't have. I am sure that if any one of us was scrutinized and had our deeds and misdeeds spread out all over the internet, we could be made to look like bad people. I'm not unique. I am trying to be my best. I'm trying to do what is right, and that is all I can offer.

While I don't think that this thread will have any significant effect on my future business, I think it is important that when a person makes a specious and malevolent statement, or campaign in this case, that it is dealt with clearly and quickly for the benefit of all involved.

I have been keeping snakes since I was 16, and I have been working with hogs for about 16 years. I produce and sell extremely high quality western hognosed snakes, and I take the utmost care and time with each snake. I make sure that they are feeding well, large and healthy before I sell them. This avoids common issues with the species, and helps new keepers have a positive experience. In addition, I go out of my way to answer all questions for new hog keepers, so that through their positive experience, they will go on to purchase more pets, or possibly even breed some of their own. It is through this process of nurturing and growth that our industry stays strong. To that end, I have begun to assemble a video series called The Hog Blog on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HognoseBlog
It is a work in progress, but I hope that it will someday serve as a useful tool for new keepers and breeders alike.

My animals, and my conduct with customers will always speak for themselves, and no amount of lies piled on to internet forums is going to prevent people from seeing their quality and purchasing them at a reptile show. If anyone doubts the quality of my animals, I encourage you to visit my table at any of the NARBC shows in the upcoming year. Scrutinize my stock, and let me know if you have any concerns.

I want to once again point out that I have never sold a snake or any product to Gregg Madden. I have never bought a snake, or any other product from Gregg Madden. I have never met him in person, and our interactions have been limited to a few, mostly adversarial, exchanges on forums, and PM's. It is for this reason that I filed an official complaint about Gregg's conduct in this thread to the owner of this site. I told him that I was under the impression that the purpose of the BOI was for individuals who have had a business experience with someone in our community to report their impressions of the way that person conducted themselves, good or bad. Since Gregg and I have never done business, I was curious if his inquiries and statements on this thread violated the terms of service. I trust the owner of the site will weigh the facts and decide himself, and I apologize for being forced to bother him with it.

If you are reading this you may be asking yourself why Gregg would be qualified or interested in attacking me, or exposing me as he so dramatically put it. His motivations for making these attacks are firmly grounded in three things.

1. I bought and sold snakes from Justin Mitcham. Gregg, despite his sudden apology, and want for reconciliation posted in this thread, has repeatedly attacked and attempted to discredit Justin on many forums, on many occasions, over many years, and the entire reason for him beginning to attack me was based, as Justin mentioned before, on the box of snakes shipped to one of my customers at Daytona. In the many libelous posts on the forum where Gregg is an admin, he attacks Justin, and compares me to him as if to say being like Justin, or associated with Justin makes one bad. His motivations for flip flopping on that particular point are his own business, but I can't help but feel it had something to do with the emails Justin posted.

2. I have disagreed with him on forums in instances where I thought he was wrong. This sounds small, but if you read some of his exchanges on any of the forums on which he contributes, you will see he reacts quite aggressively to anyone who disagrees with him. (as he has reacted aggressively to the BOI posters in this very thread.)

3. I removed Gregg from a forum on Facebook, because he repeatedly and blatantly violated the terms of the group, and refused to remove or edit his offending posts, and instead chose to escalate them, and personally attack the Administrators.

In the following post I will show you, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Gregg has set about intentionally trying to discredit me, his motivations for doing so, and his use of plausible lies in order to accomplish that goal. I don't have to go any further than this BOI thread to find evidence of it. I have compiled a list of all the false statements he has made here in order of appearance, and I will address them one by one. In a post to follow this one directly. In addition, I will answer all the questions raised by legitimate forum members, and I will add in a few screen grabs and other pertinent information from Facebook, and Kingsnake forums.

If I fall short in any way to back up anything I have said here, please feel free to ask for clarification and further evidence. I am almost certain I will miss something with a post this size.

Because I respect the BOI, and its moderators and members, I will begin by addressing their direct questions first. These questions are all legitimate, despite their originating in libel from Gregg.

I think Mike Curtin summed up the basic questions needing answered in this post in POST #84

Dan:

How many hogs did you sell last year, and how many did you produce?

If by last year, you mean the 2013 season, I produced around 75 hognose on a plan of 300. I sold or traded all but a few. In addition, I sold around 175 hognose from at least 3 other breeders including Justin Mitcham. These numbers arent precise, but they are in the ballpark. The vast majority of those snakes were sold in the 2012 fall, and early 2013 spring seasons, and came from one large breeder who was getting out of the hognose hobby. By selling his snakes, and using the money to buy more, I was able to build up a collection for myself without making a significant investment of my personal capital. I will not mention this breeder, or any other breeders, here, because it doesn't matter, and no one would want to be associated with this circus, I'm sure. The snakes I have received and sold from Justin Mitcham represent a tiny fraction of the snakes I have bred or resold over the last two years. Purchasing this collection, as you will see in a series of screen grabs I will post in a moment, was part of my plan to both stay at home with my kids to save money on daycare, support my family, and get myself back into a financial situation that will allow me to not only repay any money owed from Small Scale Films, but also to get back to doing what I believe my calling is: Making educational, positive films to promote reptile and amphibian conservation, and our herpetocultural industry.

Did you represent all animals as ones you produced personally, or did you credit them you acquired them? Do you have evidence?

I do not label hogs by breeder in my ads, on my website, or at shows. I label them by phenotype, genotype, size and gender. If a customer has a specific inquiry, which they often do, about the origin of the snake, I do not intentionally mislead them to make them think I produced something I didn't. If I produced the snake myself, I will have pictures of the parents, and sometimes the grandparents available. If they inquire, I send pics of the parents (often breeding) and the babies hatching so that they can know the birthdate. In the 2014 season, I would guess there is no hog collection on the planet that is more documented and publicly available. If you would like to see pictures of my snakes mating, laying eggs, eggs hatching, and babies taking their first meals, please hop over to the Hog Blog page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hog-Blog/286076341409036

If it comes from someone else, I tell them that, and offer to get more specific information. When I go to a reptile show, for example, and I have say 100 hogs for sale, and 1 or 2 of them were produced by another breeder, I don't overtly list them as such. When you walk into Walmart, you don't get a full list of all the companies a product passed through to get there, you get a price, and a description. I don't know exactly how to prove that. Perhaps someone who has bought snakes from me which I produced or from one of my business partners can chime in? The point is, if my customers care to ask, I willingly volunteer the origin. I am often quite proud to say which partner they come from, because I deal with some of the best breeders in the U.S.

That being said, I MAY have made a mistake somewhere in the past, but it wasn't intentional. I am sure anonymous people have bought snakes from other breeders through me, and not thought to ask who produced them. If anyone who has bought a snake from me would like to find out any information on its origin, I would be happy to help them. Just email If I misled you about their origin in any way, I apologize. hognoseblog@gmail.com I will very likely remember you snake just from a picture. i spend a lot of time with them getting to know them before I sell them.

Also, since a large part of Gregg's attacks on me, and the only piece of "evidence" he has been able to produce is my conversation with Alicia, I would like to point out that I do not deny selling snakes from Mitcham in our conversation. I simply deny that I am his sole broker, or that most or all of my snakes come from him. (which is the accusation leveled toward me in Gregg's posts on his forum, and the whole reason Alicia and I were even talking.

Gregg posted some small pieces of our conversation which he says are hard proof I lie about the origins of my snakes.

I go on to defend the practice of reselling the snakes in my description of how I distinguish myself from what some people call flippers. If I were denying selling his hogs, why would I defend selling his hogs?

Just for fun, here is an excerpt from a conversation with one of Gregg's fellow moderators on his hog forum, Mads Valentin, where I am, again, defending the practice of buying snakes, adding value, and reselling them. If I deny selling other breeder's hogs, why would I be discussing this with someone Gregg is such good friends with?

I also have a full description of my plan to get my family back together, and get back to making short films, which I sent to Mads. I could post it all here, but it is just my words, and it doesn't really provide any evidence of anything but what I say I'm going to do, not what I have done.

Back to Alicia:
I also ask her directly if she thinks Gregg's accusation that I don't produce any of my own snakes is true. She confirms that my breeding and egg laying pictures are publicly available in this response:

and she reaffirms it here. I also make a really good point about liars. If one person claims that the other produces no snakes, and only brokers, and the other denies it, one is by definition a liar. Gregg knows full well that I breed a ton of hogs. I posted the pics on his own forum. He is simply lying because he is mad at me for the three reasons I listed above.

On the part that Gregg did post:

Alicia is not my customer, and I therefore I have no obligation to explain to her anything, however when she does inquire about specific snakes, I do provide proof of their origin via pictures.

When she asks me about the circumstances of Justin and my deal, I am a bit taciturn, but then I don't think it is appropriate to discuss my business with Justin with a complete stranger without his consent. Could I have been more specific and given her numbers and details? Absolutely, and I can see how Gregg might read this the way he did. Honestly, if I had written that knowing that everyone in the world would have read it, I would have thought it out better. I'm only human, and I have never had casual conversations carried on in private, scrutinized in this way before. Who really prepares for this sort of thing, right?

Justin is, likewise, taciturn, and gives an outline of what actually occurred. It is because of both of us holding back the details from someone who is not buying snakes from us, that this exchange can be misinterpreted. She jumps to the conclusion that I am not being honest, but this isn't true, I'm just not betraying Justin's trust by telling her something I don't think she has any right to know.

How can Justin "supply half the hognose world" and at the same time only sell his animals through me? These contradictions are made clear by the farce created by Gregg.

So we are clear:

I have done business with Justin exactly 3 times.

1. in 2006 I purchased 1.2 extreme line hogs. 1.1 het albino and 0.1 albino

2. In Spring/Winter of 2013 Justin sent me two males on breeding loan. I sent the snakes back to him healthy, and fat, and later sent him babies from three two different clutches which resulted from their breeding.

3. In summer/fall of 2013 Justin, knowing I was having some hard financial times, sent me two boxes of hogs on two occasions. The first containing the adults and morphs listed in this thread. He never charged me a cent, and instead offered to let me sell them and pay them off as I did, taking a small portion of each sale to help me out. The details of this deal are between Justin and I. I see no reason to deny it happened, and no reason to reveal anything to Gregg because he makes wild accusations about something he has no knowledge of.

I will say this, the snakes I received from Justin were high quality, and I highly recommend purchasing from him. He always tries to do the right thing, and is an extremely experienced breeder.

Also, the total number of snakes of Justins that I have sold represents a tiny tiny fraction of the hogs I have produced, sold, or brokered in my 15-16 years working with the species.

How were you able to spend $10,000.00 on animals during the time you claimed you had no money to re-pay existing debt to a number of people in our hobby who had trusted you for a product you had not provided?

The statement I made to Justin, offering to purchase a group for 10,000.00 was made, as he email clearly shows, BEFORE I had begun to sell for the season, and before my double clutches had even hatched. I am a positive guy, and I'm always expecting the best outcome. I had the best hognose breeding season of my life this year with well over 300 eggs having been laid at that point. I was sure I would be in great financial shape shortly. I talk in the email about the shows I will be attending in the future. I made a business plan based on my projected earnings and thought I could invest a further 10,000 into wholesale to extend my season, and help myself financially. I had a bit less luck with gender ratios, and proving out pos hets in test crosses, so the snakes I produced, while numerous, were not as valuable as I had hoped.

A better question might be: Did you spend $10,000.00 on hogs from Justin in 2014 or ever? The answer would be: no My projections turned out to be incorrect, and I ended up satisfying my debt to Justin by sending him animals instead of money. The other snakes I have received from him have been paid for through their sales, and not out of my pocket.

There is absolutely no reason to assume that I was not planning to repay the Small Scale Debt by reading that email. Whether or not I was, is not made clear by that conversation. (Of course I was, but neither myself, nor Gregg can prove or disprove that.)

Why have you referred to Small Scale Films as not for profit, when it is not registered as such?

I filed Small Scale Films 501c3 applications through Legal Zoom, and paid for the legal fees out of my own pocket. Small Scale films was incorporated in the state of Kansas, and was legally able to receive tax deductible donations. Zero percent of the money taken in by Small Scale Films was spent on salaries or expenses, and all went to fulfill the charter of the company. Some of Small Scale's assets, in the form of a few dozen t-shirts, were transferred to the Texas Rattlesnake Festival. It is customary and legal when a non-profit corporation lapses to transfer any assets to another charitable organization. I have since let the company lapse. I will dig up some paperwork to support this.

Those are the main questions asked by the legitimate BOI contributors here, but I would like to finish by anticipating a further question you might have:

Why, if I produced so many snakes this season, have I not put that money toward refunding donations?

The answer is simple, the hognose breeding and selling business I run supports my family. It is my sole source of income, and it is part of a two year plan (which because of my lackluster season in 2013 is becoming a three year plan) to get my family back to some semblance of economic stability, and get back to making conservation films.

I will not go into details of my financial situation, or my quality of life here, because it is no one's business, and some of it is a bit embarrassing, but I will say that I cannot sacrifice my children's needs for the needs of Small Scale. I made that mistake once before, and I owe it to them to always put them first.

I could, for example, sell my house, and pay back the handful of donors today, but I am not taking my kids' house away to pay for my mistakes. I know that I owe that money, and I know that before I do anything I will have to repay it, and I have vowed to. Gregg is in no position to say I won't.

Likewise, I could sell my breeder hogs, and pay that money back today, but I would be undermining next years' babies, which will put food on the table for my family.

I don't know what else to do other than to pledge I will make it right as soon as I can. Maybe I will have a stellar hog season next year, or maybe something else will come along sooner to make it happen fast, but I have learned not to make promises I don't know I can keep. Again, if anyone would like to discuss small scale films, my snakes or anything else, I am always available.

Dan Krull

913-709-5865

In my next post, I will respond to each and every one of Gregg's attacks and questions using the post numbers.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #113
Dan Krull
I will post the questions or attacks by post number in this thread, and give a brief summary of their statements. I hope that is acceptable, though it forces the reader to refer back to the earlier bit of the thread to see the evidence.

Let's start with Alterna Rush the Movie, and Small Scale Films.

As I have stated clearly on many forums and in many places, I fully admit that I made some big mistakes running the non-profit. I pushed forward when I should have shut it down. I kept trying to keep it alive when it wasn't working, and I got myself and my family in to trouble in the process. I am currently in year two of a three year plan to fix my financial situation and get back to making conservation films. I have pledged to return every penny donated, and still release the films to the public. I will make good on that pledge. I will see those stories told.

Post #11 Pertaining to Alterna Rush the Movie Gregg asks if anyone got a copy, or if any refunds were given out.

Then, Gregg, throughout this thread claims to know that I have not refunded any money, and not sent out any DVD's. If that is so, why is he asking what the status of the project is in his first post? Gregg never donated to this project, and knows nothing about it, other than, when he decided to set himself against me, he probably did a quick google search to find any shortcomings he could exploit. Most of the reptile community did not donate to my non-profit, but it is a precious few who have the audacity to criticize me and my efforts after not lifting a finger to help.

Post #22 Pertaining to Alterna Rush the Movie
Gregg mentions that I am obligated to provide a movie.
I agree, and I will, and I will take it a step further and provide a refund of their donation as well. You have no proof I won't, and no knowledge of the project. You never sat on the board of Small Scale, and you have never even asked me about it directly.
Post #22 Gregg makes the implication in this post that I never said anything about donations. I cannot prove this, but the Alterna Rush site, and the small scale films site both contained lengthy descriptions of how the non-profit worked, and how your donation would be used. It has all been taken down now.
Post #22 Gregg asks me why I'm spending all kinds of cash on hognose morphs when I claim I can't pay back the donations.

The answer is: I'm not. You have no knowledge of how I built my collection, how many snakes I have, how much I paid for them. This statement is not backed up by any piece of fact, and was made at a point in the thread when you had no evidence of any kind to back it up.

Post # 22 Gregg implies that the reason I was fired from Herp Nation was because legitimate businesses are distancing themselves from me.
I WAS NOT FIRED FROM HERP NATION. Most of the two years I worked with Scott, I received no pay. I donated my time because I believed his product and his skills were an excellent vessel for the messages I care about most: Reptile Conservation, and Pro Reptile Industry Messages. I left Herp Nation of my own accord, because Scott and I wanted to pursue different projects. He is one of the most talented and creative people I know, and I learned a lot working with him.

I do agree that Herp Nation is a legitimate business, and something every herper should be proud of. Definitely get a subscription, you won't be sorry. www.herpnation.com

How can Gregg know the circumstances of my arrangement with Scott and Herp Nation? Why would he assume I was fired? He has no such information.

Post #22 Gregg calls me a "funny little bearded guy." I think this is clearly meant to be derogatory, and I would like to inquire to the BOI if name calling violates the terms of use for this site?

Post #24 Does not pertain to Small Scale Films, but to the book I am currently writing. I am adding it here, because it doesn't fit anywhere else.
Gregg makes statements about the book being behind schedule for print, implies that an extremely well respected and proven publisher will "go bankrupt" before it is printed, and finally calls it a waste of paper.

I cannot fathom how Gregg can review a book that he has yet to read? How can he be privy to its scheduled release when that is between the publisher and co-authors? How can he stoop to badmouth one of the most respected companies in our industry? Why would he do so if he himself had made repeated attempts to have his products featured in the book?

I'm actually glad he mentioned the book, because it reminded me that he had tried to bad mouth it on his forum by telling people that Justin Mitcham of all people was one of the authors. Again, implying not so delicately that Justin Mitcham = Bad. For the record, Justin is not a co-author, but his input, and photos of his snakes are welcome. He is an excellent source of knowledge on the keeping and breeding of western hognose.

Post #36 Gregg states, once again, that I did not refund the money for the DVD's, and instead chose to use my money to build up my hognose collection.

Gregg has no knowledge of how I built up my hognose collection. How can he make such a specific statement? This literally says I had a choice: Buy hogs, or refund money. This is not only not true, it is something he can't know.

Post #40 Gregg claims that I am a liar, and that the reason I will not respond to deny him is because I know he has nothing to hide, and that I know he is right.

I guess I'm proving that one wrong by typing up this post. I am not a liar, and I don't really know you well enough to know what you have to hide. I am not perfect, and I'm sure I have made mistakes, but I have tried to do my best.

Post #40 This might be the most disgusting thing Gregg does in the entire post. I can sort of see some of his points on some of these topics, but this is just despicable.

He posts a screen grab of a gentlemen asking where he can buy the movie, and then me responding...about six months later... with a link.

Gregg CLAIMS that this is a link to buy the DVD, even though the link clearly says field herp forum on it, and the DVD was never available on Field Herp Forum.com, and the video Gregg posted in POST #22 clearly states that you buy the dvd at alternarushthemovie.com... a site which has been down for years... and he knows very well that the link lead to the field herp forum post where I explained why the project is not done, and what I am doing to fix it.

You see, the gentlemen asked to buy the movie, and I sent him a link which would describe why there is no movie to buy, and Gregg purposefully mislead you.

ALSO, in post #15 Gregg implies that I deleted the Field Herp Forum Post about Small Scale Films. I have never been able to remove a post from Field Herp Forum.
If you have questions about my ability to remove threads from Field Herp Forum, please direct them to Scott Waters or Don Becker. (The only two people who ever had that power.)

In Post #67 Gregg asks if Small Scale Films is even a real non-profit.
Yes, it was. I have let it lapse now, but it was a fully incorporated 501c3. I filed the paperwork through Legalzoom, and paid the legal fees out of my own pocket. In order to prove our right to have a 501c3, I conducted two summer research projects (Dubbed Small Scale Research) with local highschool students. In one, we discovered a turtle species never before found in the county we were surveying. I will dig up some Small Scale mail or other paperwork, and post it later.

It again seems strange to me that he would ask this question when he claims to have so much inside information on Small Scale.

In post #69 he basically posts partial proof that the non-profit was properly filed! It says clearly on the page you linked that it was incorporated. Because of the process of earning your 501c3 letter, and the differences in the way states vs. the federal government recognize not for profits, this information is incomplete. However, how many sole proprietorships or LLC are incorporated, and why would they be?

Post #95 Gregg says it is a "huge red flag" that I put my phone number out for people to call, implying that I don't want a public record of what our discussion is.
I say, I am trying to make myself available to the actual people who I owe money to if they want an update. I am trying to be transparent, and Gregg is trying to make it seem like something negative.

Post #104 Gregg implies that I am lying about my profession.
Yes, I am a stay at home dad.
Yes, I occasionally get work as an environmental consultant. The work is temporary and intermittent. If necessary, I can provide proof of this.
Yes, I breed hognose as my source of income.
Yes, my good friend Mike owns a carpet cleaning and janitorial company in Lawrence, Kansas. He employees me from time to time when I'm hard up, and for a period of time last summer and fall, I worked nights and weekends cleaning toilets and bus stops to keep things together at home.
When I said I was a farmer in that message, I was implying that breeding hognose for a living was similar to farming. You raise animals or plants and depend on their success for your income. If something goes wrong, you are not left in a very good position.
For the record, I am also an avid gardener, and I was once the master gardener for a 10 acre herb farm.
I also donate my time to a local school by installing, maintaining and planting a community garden for the kids to use for learning, and food.
Are these things mutually exclusive? Does Gregg have any real knowledge of my training and employment? No.

That's as far as I have gotten so far. I will attempt to respond to the rest of his claims about my business if I can.

I think you're starting to get the point though.

Thanks,

Dan

Old 12-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #114
Dan Krull
Post #11

Gregg says I am buying thousands of dollars worth of snakes while he is bankrupt.

I never said I was bankrupt. I am not. I am not buying thousands of dollars of anything. You have no knowledge of my situation, or my finances. Prove that you do.

#22 Gregg says I was fired from Herp Nation, etc

I was not fired from herp nation. Prove I was.

Gregg goes on to say: And yes, I have a serious problem with you Dan. It has everything to do with you

scamming people and all your lies. Not to mention you selling other breeders hogs and telling people you produced them.

I think I addressed this already several times.

You are a joke and the very thing this hobby does not need. Slowly people are seeing you for what you really are.

How am I a joke, and something the hobby doesn't need? Is it the dozens of pro industry, positive videos, and radio interviews I did for Herp Nation? Is it the educational posts, emails and phone calls I participate in? Is it the videos I spend hours writing, filming and editing for the betterment of the hobby, and our knowledge? I am unclear how I am a joke. If I am a joke, why are you spending so much time attacking me?

And if you can answer this one very important question, that would be great...
Why have you been spending lots of cash on hognose snakes when you owed money
to people who pre-ordered copies of a movie that never got released? Those people should have been priority. Its funny how you can claim to be broke but were telling people how you have all kinds of money to drop on hognose snake morphs.

I have not been spending lots of cash on snakes. Prove I have. You have no knowledge of my finances or my business practices.

Originally Posted byLucille

Proof?

A bunch of it. Do you need details?

I think not.

#35 Quote:

Methinks you have no proof, and your accusations reflect poorly on you especially

since you seem to be backpedalling.

You can thinks what ya like. It does not make my statement any less truthful. It also

does not reflect poorly on me. Well maybe to you it does but to the hognose keepers

and breeders in this hobby, what I say is common knowledge.

If you like, I can send you screen shots of a conversation between me and someone

where Dan totally denied selling snakes for another breeder when most of what he

sells comes from that breeder. I will not post it publicly because I do not want to

drag anyone in this who does not want to be involved.

Dan knows I have this proof and it is why he has backed out of this thread.

I think I have addressed this significantly, but it bears repeating, I did not TOTALLY deny selling other people's snakes. Common knowledge is not defined by the rumors you spread.

Besides, my first accusation was the fact that Dan owed a bunch of people money

and instead of refunding those people, he spends his money to build up his hognose collection. That is the main focus. The fact that he sells Justin Mitchams snakes and does not disclose it and even flat out denies it is secondary. But again, if you want, I
can privately send any of you a few screen shots of my private conversation with another hognose keeper/breeder who has no dog in this fight to back it up.

Gregg has no knowledge of how I built up my collection. I have discussed my supposed denial of selling Mitcham's snakes previously. Disproven. We have seen many posts from Alicia that contradict this assertion.

Put up or shut up.

Or what? LOL

Ok, when Dan comes here to deny what I said, I will post the convo. This way I can

really expose him for the liar he is. See, the deal is, I have nothing to hide or lie

about. Dan knows this and is the exact reason he will not deny what I am saying on

the BOI.

I can care less if a handful of you do not want to take my word. I don't expect you to

at this point.

And why are you all focused on the one thing about selling another breeders snakes?

What about the alterna rush thing? That is what the thread is about. I showed proof

that instead of paying people back, he was buying hognose snakes to build up his

collection. I even have PMs from him telling me how he is going on vacations while

he owed people money and he was supposedly broke.

We should be focused on that and when Dan denies that he was selling snakes for

Justin and saying he wasn't, I will post the conversation.

And intelligence is not yours. As I said, If you really want to see the convo, I can

send it to you privately. I will not be dragging anyone in this who does not want to

be involved. Unless Dan forces me to by denying what I said. Me not showing you

proof does not make me a liar.

Here we have a classic example of how Gregg bristles against those who disagree with him. Attacking a member of this BOI, is exactly his motis.

Also, what is this post about? Alterna Rush? My hogs? Justin's Hogs? My gardening skills? I think you are the one who is jumping around here, and confusing everyone.

Yes, my family went on vacation to Massachusetts this year. My kids had a great time at the family reunion. I even ate lobster, and fished by the sea. My father in law, generously paid for the trip. Prove he didn't.

Why did it take so many years to refund money if it was ever refunded to begin

with?

It was never refunded to begin with, because it was used to pay for the last filming trip to finish the movie. It has not been refunded because of the financial hole I have dug trying to make it work. You would know this if you had contributed to this project or ever met me, or spoken to me.

#60 claims the text box between me and Alicia is full proof. Partial Post. I already addressed it.

Ok, so if Dan denies selling snakes for another breeder and he did not produce them

himself, where did they come from? Did they fall from the sky into his racks? LOL.

Yes. Actually, this happens in the midwest.

What I have posted clearly shows that Dan was selling snakes for Justin and denying

I don't think it really does.

#68 He claims I have sold Justin’s snakes and not mentioned who they came from.

Been over this.
How does he know which ones are mine, and which ones are Justins, or the other breeders I get them from? Why does it matter so much to him?

#70 an astute observation from this Gentlemen.
Nicely put, sir.

#73 Who’s snakes is he selling? Mine. Dude. Mine, and a few other breeders.

#95 Huge red flag Gregg

He did indeed lie about selling snakes for Justin. In the screen shots I posted he

clearly denied selling Justins snakes to Alicia Maria Ogram She was indeed the source

of my screen shots. As you can see from the emails Justin posted, he clearly was

selling snakes for Justin.

And as always, he refuses to answer questions on the topic and totally avoids them.

Instead he wants to have people call him up. That is a huge red flag. I guess he does

Allowing people free access to me by phone or email is not a red flag. I am being open, and allowing anyone to contact me. A real scammer would hide. right?

#99 Gregg Passive aggressive, claiming to know me.
When Gregg and I, and some of his friends have argued in the past, we often get to the point where he, or someone, stops arguing the facts, and starts making Ad Hominem attacks on me. At that point, I step out to avoid escalation, since there is nothing more to be gained. Gregg calls this passive aggressive.

Gregg #104 How many jobs do you have?

This one is a real favorite of mine, and it bears reposting.

Ok, let me know if there is any proof I need to post to back up what I have said here. Other than that, I again urge anyone with questions to call me.

Thanks,

Dan

Old 12-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #115
Dan Krull
Here is a link to one of the positive short films I made for Small Scale. this is a draft, and another version will be on the dvd when I release it. This is what I am about. This is what I want to do with my life. What this kid did is truly inspiring.

Dan

Old 12-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #116
Dan Krull
I was also working on a short film about the KHS for Small Scale when one of my heroes, Joe Collins passed away suddenly. I adapted the footage from that short film into a memorial for Joe. I traveled all around the state of Kansas on my own dime to capture the interviews in this video, and edit it in time for his service.

An updated, more polished version of this film will appear on the dvd.

This is what the non-profit was for. This is where "all the money went."

This is what I'm all about:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=3&theater

Old 12-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #117
Dan Krull
I made this short film while working as an environmental consultant for BLM in California. Kids getting out and doing stuff in the wild, learning about traditional practices and resources. This is what I'm about.

Dan

Old 12-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #118
Justin Mitcham
Joe Schmidt

Quote:
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 11:10:42 -0400
To: extremehogs@live.com

Hey Justin, I can't stand it when you give someone the benefit of the doubt, put them on the owe list and they have the nerve to stiff you. Joe told me you were looking for a third person to go into the anaconda hognose project with, that each of us would put in a thousand dollars and within two years me and Joe would get one anaconda male het for extreme red albino and two normal looking females het for extreme red albino. I'm assuming now that you probably knew nothing about that and that Joe kept my involvement from you. I wanted to send the $1000.00 directly to you but Joe insisted that I send it to him and he would send it to you. He said that's the way you wanted it so that's what I did. I don't know what he did with that money. I really appreciate your willingness to send me an Anaconda but you are in no way obligated to clean up Joe's mess and I certainly don't expect you to, that's really going above and beyond and that's rare these days. If you still want to, I won't forget it and be eternally grateful, my address is Nathan Miller - ***edited****** Thanks again - Nathan.
This is why I stopped dealing with Joe Schmidt.. this became a regular occurrence. It is sad that you actually believe this guy Gregg! I have other examples as well.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #119
Dan Krull
I drove 15 hours to Alabama on my own money to film Share the Beach for their Small Scale Film for the DVD. I filmed them moving sea turtle nests and talking about citizens volunteering to save turtles. Some kids in Houston Texas saw some of the clips of it I posted on the internet and got inspired. They designed a reusable grocery bag, and sold them at the local stores. They raised over 1,500 bucks for Share the beach! How many bags did Gregg buy when I posted them on facebook?

I later drove to Houston and filmed the kids working on this project. This is a clip from that trip. This, and other footage I collected will appear in the Share the Beach short film, which was sadly lost in the damaged hard drive.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #120
Dan Krull
Here is a little footage from one of the hundreds of free snake presentations I have done since I was 16. I present in highschools, gradeschools and preschools as well as herp societies, and master naturalist classes. All free, unless they force money on me.

This is what I'm about. Young kids playing with snakes and learning.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
alterna, alterna rush