Bad Guy Jay Eaton of Exotic Jungle - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #21
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
#67 then the number
actually, that would be *67

Old 10-09-2009, 03:15 AM   #22
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
actually, that would be *67
Actually, that would be correct. I stand corrected.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 AM   #23
KNOBTAIL
In the end

Its YOUR obligation to make certain that YOU receive what you pay for.

Apparently you were to busy to protect your own possessions. That is not Jays fault... Insofar as deliberately being sarcastic HERE in reference to Jays counting ability, I can imagine what you must have put in the emails to him!

If Jay does not respond, I seriously doubt its because he does not want to face your accusations as much as it is you being a smart ass about some of your remarks... I would not bother to respond either ...

I have the funny feeling that you mishandled this from the getgo... Jay is not a petty person, I know him, I supply him, and never had a problem...........He is reachable to speak to.

But you do not start a conversation by intimating that someone cannot count to 10 when in fact you are looking to get a replacement.... If I were you, I would learn how to be a bit more discreet in attempting to get this type of an issue resolved in your favor.............

Its your flippant attitude that needs to be addressed , and thats why Jay is not responding...

Old 10-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #24
derekroddy
I know Jay very well....he's a good friend who lives very close to me.

I do know that after Daytona....I've haven't seen him that much.......

A few days after the show...him and his wife had another baby...(which his wife had some minor complications with delivery).
In addition 2 weeks ago, he moved out of his old warehouse into a new bigger place and he still doesn't have internet or phone there.

I know this because.... I'm also friends with a dude that works for him....(he helps me with my collection as well).
In fact, he still hasn't gotten everything out of the old place because of the stuff with his wife and baby.

I highly doubt he's dissing you on purpose. Give another week to finish getting settled....I'm sure he'll contact you back.

Can I ask why you didn't count the animals for yourself before you left his table? I would have and he's a friend.....But, I always count because I know mistakes can happen.

I'm sure he'll make it right for you.

D.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #25
damian47
I got home at 8 pm Monday night.
I agree I should have VISUALY watched him place each snake in the bag but I was looking at a couple other animals at his table considering an additional purchase.
No I was never sarcastic in the email or on any of the phone calls I meerly asked if he could contact me about the rainbows and left my name and number each time.
The sarcasim is because I'm extreamely tired of trying to deal with Jay when he can't answer the phone or return a call.
If he felt I was trying to scam him why didn't he tell me to get bent rather than offering the refund for the missing animals?
I understand how things can come up that's why I gave him over a month to resolve the problem.
Knobtail; I see you are sticking up for Jay which tells me he's probably a decent guy. Maybe I had the rare bad deal but if you got shorted 2 snakes and the 8/ 10 you got had mites and the guy you bought them from was blowing you off what would you do??
I'd warn others so the same doesn't happen to them hence the post here.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #26
Kingetula
Ok well, looks like Jay is not going to reply. (?)

What have we learned...?

Count your snakes before handing over the cash.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #27
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian47 View Post
if you got shorted 2 snakes and the 8/ 10 you got had mites

Oh now they have mites too! Really dude come on. Did you even look at what you were getting? I don't know why you would not want to "cherry" pick the babies yourself. I mean they are right their in front of you. This was not an online sell were you have to wait till they are mailed to see them for the first time.

Dusty Jones
reptile_jones

Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #28
KNOBTAIL
Mike,

"I see you are sticking up for Jay which tells me he's probably a decent guy. Maybe I had the rare bad deal but if you got shorted 2 snakes and the 8/ 10 you got had mites and the guy you bought them from was blowing you off what would you do??
I'd warn others so the same doesn't happen to them hence the post here."

This is where we have a problem, and why these type of posts are more problematic then what you may intended..... He is a decent guy. From my dealings with him... He is also short on help, which may explain allot. Not that I am trying to make excuses, but you and I must reiterate:

Did not have a bad deal. Can I assume the snakes were acceptable ! When you saw them ! Secondly now the mite issue seems to have surfaced, and maybe I did not read it anywhere else is now a subject of concern, and finally , Mike would not and its my opinion, hide from anyone.. If so it has nothing to do with fear from being caught or hiding to explain why 2 snakes were missing in a bag ! It does not make sense.

But above everything else which ticks me off is that now you are attempting to become a loudspeaker to let everyone else know not to fall victim into the same predicament as you did..... and Mike................that is wrong !

The obvious answer is to allow things to simmer down, allow cool heads to prevail.... Apparently there may be some personal issues here with Jay.... I am only hypothicizing as I have not seen or spoken to him in a month..

But I think if in the near future a call is attempted on your part with a bit more humility and less dramatics, you may be pleasantly surprised.

One final point. The admission of you being lax may be enough of a red flag to Jay that maybe ..............just maybe the 2 snakes in question disapeared by escaping..... Its only a guess on my part... But certainly a reasonable conclusion whey buying in sight .... My apologies for my possible rudeness... JERRY

Old 10-14-2009, 03:24 AM   #29
MiIguanaLvr
This whole thread can be summed up in a few words:
No emails, no receipt, no proof at all. Two missing snakes and then on page two of the thread they now have mites.
Come on, this thread does not meet the requirements for posting a Bad Guy Thread on the BOI.

I am not saying this didn't happen. I don't know anyone involved in this thread at all so I am not being biased. I am just telling you that proof like this really doesn't fly.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #30
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
This whole thread can be summed up in a few words:
No emails, no receipt, no proof at all. Two missing snakes and then on page two of the thread they now have mites.
Come on, this thread does not meet the requirements for posting a Bad Guy Thread on the BOI.

I am not saying this didn't happen. I don't know anyone involved in this thread at all so I am not being biased. I am just telling you that proof like this really doesn't fly.

What's next? The snakes have kinked tails?

Randal Berry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!