Bad Guy Jay Eaton of Exotic Jungle - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #31
eereptiles
I have purchased many animals from Jay and have never had any issues with any of them. At times he can be hard to get in touch with which I take to mean that he is busy, not that he is avoiding me. From my experience Jay is a good guy and one I wouldn't hesitate to work with again or recommend to someone else.

Nick Stark

Old 10-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #32
canepole54
I dont post on here a lot, but doesn't it seem that if some of you are such good friends of his that you would let him know this situation. I have to admit I have mixed opinions on this whole thread, but it amazes me how personal people get just because they happen to know the seller. IMO some of the random for instance thoughts are useless. If you are such good buddies with him and choose to go to countless posts of support and arguement, pick up the phone and call him. If you are buddies then he should answer your call.

Joe Hougland

Old 10-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #33
alex bleas
I have pics of my green tree's and you can see the kinked tails. I purchased snakes 8 years ago i really didn't use email at that time Berry. I called Jay's cell when I saw the ad and gave him my credit card number and shipping date. You also don't email people when you are at a reptile show you are face to face. Why? would there be emails. I took my GTP's to captive born reptiles in columbus ohio. It is owned by terry wilkens who has breed gtp before. He said there was no way they were 6 months old. Email me at reptile.rations@yahoo.com and i will send you pics of kink tails. He should have emailed me back. He took my money and ran.

thanks,
alex

Old 10-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #34
alex bleas
I am going to check with discover card to see if I can look back that far. It was years ago and i have a lot of snakes. It was between 6 and 8 years ago when the pair was purchased. I have tryed to forget about it.

alex

Old 10-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #35
damian47
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile_jones View Post
Oh now they have mites too! Really dude come on. Did you even look at what you were getting? I don't know why you would not want to "cherry" pick the babies yourself. I mean they are right their in front of you. This was not an online sell were you have to wait till they are mailed to see them for the first time.

Dusty Jones
reptile_jones
In response to your post Dusty;
I have yet to see any breeder allow you to hand pick a lot of 10 animals at a wholesale price.
He was willing to try and throw me a variety of sexes which is better than alot of guys.
And yes there were mites on the animals which I did not see at the sale but as with anything I get from someone I don't know I quarantine and treat them if needed.
Is it a huge deal no, but when you are shorted animals then it is a bit of a slap in the face ontop of the shortcoming.

As to you'r response knobtail;
I'm not attempting to be a loudspeaker but in my experience with breeders when 2 people come to a display and shell out $1350 in cash for wholesale animals and get shorted something seems wrong.
It was very busy at the time and I assumed that with all the interuptions shit happens.
That is why I gave him the benifit of the doubt for a month before starting this thread. I still have heard nothing from Jay although at this point I'm done calling him. If he hasn't done anything by now why would he suddenly change?
If you are such good friends with him call and ask why he is blowing off his customers and maybe there could be an end to this mess.
As far as you saying that I'm laxed about how I feel tword the situation being a red flag in my opinion implies that Jay has read this thread but refuses to reply??

Old 10-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #36
damian47
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post

What's next? The snakes have kinked tails?

Randal Berry
No thy didn't have kinked tails.
And yes the 8 that I did get were very good looking rainbows although none of them had eaten before I had gotten them and were on the small side they did eat and the mites were dealt with. I never said there was any serious issues with the animals just the amount and the lack of service after the sale that is the issue to me.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #37
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian47 View Post
No thy didn't have kinked tails.
And yes the 8 that I did get were very good looking rainbows although none of them had eaten before I had gotten them and were on the small side they did eat and the mites were dealt with. I never said there was any serious issues with the animals just the amount and the lack of service after the sale that is the issue to me.
Relax Mike, that was a "joke" from another post!

Randal Berry

Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #38
bcherps
Hey,

My post was at the end of the page so maybe it got missed, but one question I had was:

If you were there to "handpick" and was there while he was bagging, why did you not catch the misscount?

If my employees/students I supervise screw up, its still my fault to my boss. Why isnt it also your fault here?

You jump on Jay for not being able to count to 10. Then by your rationale- I guess you couldn't watch someone count to ten?

I'm sorry if you truly got shorted, but how do we not know you are trying to replace two you lost, two you killed it transport, two that didn't start/do well, etc etc.

When I deal with importers I make sure I count, I box, and I take to the truck what I picked out. I dont care if its 2 balls pythons, 100 boas, or 500 feeder geckos. And when I hand pick you know what I get for a guarantee from the old school florida importers?

3 things:
1. 10 seconds
2. 10 feet
3. That it ain't ever eaten here

thanks
ben cole

Old 10-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #39
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian47 View Post
And yes there were mites on the animals which I did not see at the sale but as with anything I get from someone I don't know I quarantine and treat them if needed.
Is it a huge deal no, but when you are shorted animals then it is a bit of a slap in the face ontop of the shortcoming.
While if what you claim is if fact true, I am in no way condoning such behavior but, if you did not count what you intended to purchase let alone look at them enough (or at all as I am beginning to wonder) to notice mites then I would be embarrassed to post here admitting to such stupidity on my own behalf. In the future I would suggest looking at any and all further purchases prior to handing over any money and counting what you paid for to make sure there isn't any mistakes before you leave. And furthermore I would suggest looking both ways before crossing the street, make sure to tie your shoes, check the expiration on your milk carton before pouring it on your corn flakes and please, please wear a condom to avoid any further mistakes.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #40
spawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by canepole54 View Post
I dont post on here a lot, but doesn't it seem that if some of you are such good friends of his that you would let him know this situation. I have to admit I have mixed opinions on this whole thread, but it amazes me how personal people get just because they happen to know the seller. IMO some of the random for instance thoughts are useless. If you are such good buddies with him and choose to go to countless posts of support and arguement, pick up the phone and call him. If you are buddies then he should answer your call.

Joe Hougland
+1000.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!