Bad Guy LLL reptiles Escondido CA. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #31
boastonila
Scentless Apprentice.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #32
Riyo
I've ordered dry goods from LLL and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #33
boastonila
LLL Reptiles is bar none the Best Reptile Store in California they have a huge selection of great animals in all catagories, all their staff has the highest knowledge of each reptile,amphibian and invertabrate they sell ,But But i have noticed that for myself and one other fellow that was unfortunate to loose a sick animal the 50% credit they have given us is all we got back after showing with out a doubt they sold us sick animals, I bought a sick chameleon knowing it was sick at a show MY MISTAKE i would always pass a sick animal buy BUT i couldnt pass on the low price(lowest at the show) i hydrated my jackson he drank, i feed my jackson he ate, he slept all day and night,. im not a vet and cant diagnose ailments, but to die in one week after purchase while keeping his female alive struck me very odd, i will continue to purchase reptiles and other fauna from this great company but will only ever expect a 50% return on my investment.I am not being sarcastic or a liar when i say that lll reptiles is one if not the best reptile store in California. Thats all i have to say.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #34
Shiari
So which was it... The animal wasn't visibly sick when you got it, or it was visibly sick when you got it? And if you *knowingly* bought an animal that appeared ill to you, instead of pointing it out to the staff, then all responsibility is on you. It was *your* choice to take that risk. It's like going to a pet store, buying an animal that is visibly covered in mites, and then going back and complaining if other animals in your collection get mites. It just... doesn't... work.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #35
Alex G
I assume the other man you're talkng about is that one who claimed that red mites killed his gecko. LLLReptile offered a 50% store credit on the animal after he admitted both parties were partially to blame for it's death (due to his use of mite removers) long after their warranty, and when he continued to throw a fit about it without providing proof he deserved it, Scott caved and offered a 100%, shipping included, refund if he could provide proof of their error. You knew the animal was sick but bought it anyways because it was cheap? Ever hear the saying, "you get what you pay for"? This is entirely your own fault from beginning to end, and whatever deal Scott gave you is more than generous considering his total lack of liability here.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #36
JG1153
So this guy comes in here winning and lying about the situation at hand, manages to wrangle some money back from the vendor even though it was probably his fault the animal died, can't even defend his husbandry techniques, or his supposed expertise on Chams, and here he is continuing to whine and take potshots even after the vendor agreed to take care of him? I'd say given the circumstances and your change in story about the condition of the animal when you first purchased the animal you should be glad you at least got something. Had LLL told you to take a hike I don't think anyone in this community would have held it against them but instead they still took care of you . I think we can all tell who the bad guy really is in this situation and that's the OP.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:08 AM   #37
swineb2
hi i purchased 1000 crix from lll as i do every week and I did not check the weather one week and orderd in 1000 crix and when they arrived about 50% were dead and so i contacted lll and they even thoe it was partially my fault if not all they replaced my whole order the following week!i must say i will always do business with them and im not saying any one is lying here im just telling my personal story!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #38
dragonluver83
knew it wasn't 100% in health and still purchased it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boastonila View Post
LLL Reptiles is bar none the Best Reptile Store in California they have a huge selection of great animals in all catagories, all their staff has the highest knowledge of each reptile,amphibian and invertabrate they sell ,But But i have noticed that for myself and one other fellow that was unfortunate to loose a sick animal the 50% credit they have given us is all we got back after showing with out a doubt they sold us sick animals, I bought a sick chameleon knowing it was sick at a show MY MISTAKE i would always pass a sick animal buy BUT i couldnt pass on the low price(lowest at the show) i hydrated my jackson he drank, i feed my jackson he ate, he slept all day and night,. im not a vet and cant diagnose ailments, but to die in one week after purchase while keeping his female alive struck me very odd, i will continue to purchase reptiles and other fauna from this great company but will only ever expect a 50% return on my investment.I am not being sarcastic or a liar when i say that lll reptiles is one if not the best reptile store in California. Thats all i have to say.
Can i ask what were you thinking when you bought an animal that wasnt in 100% health? I dont know about anyone else, but no matter how bad i want an animal i dont think i will buy a sick animal hoping i can get it to live. I would probly not be so cheap and spend alittle more on a healthy looking animal.
I do kinda believe that the animal may have been sick though, because if his husbandry skills were not correct wouldn't the other animal be dead by now too??? But i dont think this should be a bad guy thread. You probly should of put in alittle more effort when trying to resolve this problem. It just kinda seems like you jump the gun and ran to the b.o.i. for a resolution that would work to your benefit. Scott answered your post in less than an hour with a resolution. and there was no bickering back and forth. Seems like good customer service to me.
I bought a bearded dragon from LLL reptiles from a show in 01'. Unfortunately she just passed away . But may i add she was 3 4 years old when i bought her. She lived 11 - 12 years, she layed over two hundred eggs a year for 3 years. i retired her 2 years ago when i noticed it was taking longer for her to gain weight at the end of her breeding season. (but i kept two of her babies)So Thanks for the great girl dragon. R.I.P. bertha.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #39
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1153 View Post
So this guy comes in here winning and lying about the situation at hand, manages to wrangle some money back from the vendor even though it was probably his fault the animal died, can't even defend his husbandry techniques, or his supposed expertise on Chams, and here he is continuing to whine and take potshots even after the vendor agreed to take care of him? I'd say given the circumstances and your change in story about the condition of the animal when you first purchased the animal you should be glad you at least got something. Had LLL told you to take a hike I don't think anyone in this community would have held it against them but instead they still took care of you . I think we can all tell who the bad guy really is in this situation and that's the OP.
100%! As I see it boastonila IS the bad guy who basically is trying to get something for nothing. Was proof of death sent to LLL or posted on here??????

I have purchase a lot of reptiles (mainly monitors) from LLL and all have been great and in perfect health. So I'm calling it a hunch also that the OP is just money grubbing. There is NO proof that I've seen the animal is even deceased.

And as already asked why on earth would you buy a sick animal at a show???

I guess you could say LLL was at fault for even having a sick animal for sale. Or was it really even sick????

Old 02-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #40
ericzerka24
Everyone be careful purchasing from boastonila! I was trying to purchase a 08 spider from him and when I asked for my pictures and weights he kept delaying. He gave me an excuse about how he works late with his construction job but he would get to it as soon as he could. A few days went by and still nothing. I e-mailed him a few more times and then received an e-mail about how he was very busy with 4 gravid boas. It has been over 2 weeks now and I still haven't seen any pictures or weights. He hasn't e-mailed me back in over a week. Something is fishy here!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!