Inquiry Alterna Rush the movie, Small Scale Films, Dan Krull - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #141
sobehr
Hey, I'm not quite sure what the issue is here with Dan Krull and you especially Gregg Madden; but I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dan. In fact, from Kansas he even came to my house to personally deliver four western hognose's even though I was only expecting two. Very friendly and has spent hours on the phone with me explaining in-depth information on his Ruth Line and more. He has sent me pictures of the parents and given me all legitimate information. I have in total purchased six hognose from him and will come back for more.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #142
MikeCurtin
It seems as though Dan answered the best he could, providing proof when was able. I'm not sure all the fluff and self aggrandizing was necessary, but that's really neither here, nor there......just leads me to question character a little. Be aware, though, that this is perhaps because I know Gregg, and not Dan.

As for the personal attack, Dan. Are you known for being humorous? Are you small in stature with a beard? If true, you have no case.....haha. Had to make light of something!

If nothing more, recent comments have certainly brought some issues to light with regard to the Facebook group and its management. Any comments about numbers on this, Chris?

Old 12-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #143
GillianErinCC
Here is my two cents on the subject....both Justin Mitcham and Dav Kaufman are very good friends of mine and I have done business multiple times with both before and after becoming friends...I have gotten nothing but quality animals and outstanding customer service from both individuals....I have only met Dan once at a recent NARBC show but his animals all looked healthy and he was a very easy to talk to and get along with and anyone who purchased from him at the show was very pleased with their transaction....it seems this thread has gone far from the original post into trying to trash the reputations of some people for no true reason I can see

Old 12-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #144
MOpiggys46
I met Dan several yeas ago and know him to be an upstanding person and consider him a true friend. I met Dan a couple of years ago while searching for a good education snake to use for programs with kids. He sold me a gorgeous hognose, but I could not get her to eat. He listened to my concerns and was happy to exchange the snake. The new snake was a good eater and has been an awesome educational animal. Just recently he donated a hognose to our office for education, so we now have a male and female to use and the kids love them. He also donated a hognose to a local home for incarcerated teenagers to use as a teaching tool. He is always available to answer questions and shows a real passion for this hobby. He has shared his knowledge and time with our local herp society, he has assisted me with a snake program for the state meeting for the Missouri Master Naturalists, he has given presentations to the public for a local Herping event that my department hosts each year. We are all human and make mistakes, but he has never misrepresented himself or the origin of his snakes to me. Further more he has always been very forthcoming in the problems associated with the video debacle. Not every non for profit venture turns out the way we may intend. I believe he has done his best to make this right with the initial investors. I hate to see the character assassination of a person I personally know to be top notch.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #145
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianErinCC View Post
it seems this thread has gone far from the original post
It certainly has strayed far afield from the original issue. There have been accusations made (which, if true, are substantial). But there also seem to be longstanding animosities clouding the field here; possibly the clouding is deliberate.

I think readers should read all of what is presented here with a grain of salt because of the obvious animosities; but I also think that readers should think everything through and come to their own conclusions, giving the weight they think is appropriate to reputations and presentation.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #146
leftycrane
Interesting that the last two people to post before Lucille both joined in December and this post showing their support of Dan is their first post on Fauna...and made one minute apart from each other...

Old 12-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #147
Gregg M
I think the one poster troop rallies are a bit overkill and suspect. I am sure you have all seen that deflection a million times. I do not really see where Dan answered much of anything. I see a a lot of him trying to build his character up and a lot of self promotion. Not to mention him obviously calling upon his personal friends to distract from this thread even more.

This has now turned into a popularity contest. It may have looked like questions were answered but we are still at square one because specifics and proof have not been provided.

Questions still remain like...

1-Was small scale films really a 5013c organization. I know Dan said the papers were filed but was it certified and classified as such

2-Why is it that with such outstanding debt to other members of the community because of his failures and dishonesty, is he offering to buy thousands of dollars worth of hognose snakes from other breeder for him to flip at shows?

3-Why has Dan lied about selling other breeders snakes to other members of the community?

4-If Dan really produced 300 hogs this season, why would you need to buy $10,000 in lower end hognose snakes to pedal at shows? Of course while owing other members of the community money.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #148
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M View Post
I think the one poster troop rallies are a bit overkill and suspect. I am sure you have all seen that deflection a million times. I do not really see where Dan answered much of anything. I see a a lot of him trying to build his character up and a lot of self promotion. Not to mention him obviously calling upon his personal friends to distract from this thread even more.

This has now turned into a popularity contest. It may have looked like questions were answered but we are still at square one because specifics and proof have not been provided.

Questions still remain like...

1-Was small scale films really a 5013c organization. I know Dan said the papers were filed but was it certified and classified as such

2-Why is it that with such outstanding debt to other members of the community because of his failures and dishonesty, is he offering to buy thousands of dollars worth of hognose snakes from other breeder for him to flip at shows?

3-Why has Dan lied about selling other breeders snakes to other members of the community?

4-If Dan really produced 300 hogs this season, why would you need to buy $10,000 in lower end hognose snakes to pedal at shows? Of course while owing other members of the community money.
I see that Dan (after some delay) is trying to answer the questions asked of him. I don't think we are back at square one (but see no harm in asking further questions or asking for additional information and specifics).

I think Dan mentioned that the sale of snakes amount to quite a bit of his income. You have asked why he would need to sell additional snakes when he produced 300 of his own. Why would he not? He is trying to make money and there is nothing wrong with that. If he does have debts (I don't know) selling snakes could help him make a living and pay any alleged debts.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #149
Rextiles
Dan,

Would you kindly prove that you were in fact approved and recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization? It's one thing to file the paperwork, it's another thing to actually be approved. On 12-14-2014 you stated "I will dig up some Small Scale mail or other paperwork, and post it later.", do you know when we might be expecting to see this paperwork that proves you were actually 501(c)(3) approved and recognized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Krull View Post
In Post #67 Gregg asks if Small Scale Films is even a real non-profit.
Yes, it was. I have let it lapse now, but it was a fully incorporated 501c3. I filed the paperwork through Legalzoom, and paid the legal fees out of my own pocket. In order to prove our right to have a 501c3, I conducted two summer research projects (Dubbed Small Scale Research) with local highschool students. ... I will dig up some Small Scale mail or other paperwork, and post it later.
Also, could you please explain the discrepancies in this web site that says that Small Scale Films employed 3 people and had an estimated revenue of $130,000?
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2014, 10:59 PM   #150
Dan Krull
I will repost the screen grabs as per the rules of the forum. I will have a friend post the last letter I received from the IRS when I let my charitable status lapse,which I just dug out and cell phone photo'd. My phone seems to not be compatible with this site. Beyond that, I do not feel compelled to answer you or gregg's inquiries as you are not customers, friends, or anyone of consequence in my life.

Dan Krull

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
alterna, alterna rush