LJS---bad deal - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:11 AM   #1
clausens
LJS---bad deal

I posted a thread here a few weeks ago reguarding two dragons I had purchesed from LJS. When they arrived, they were warm and ate shortly after they got set up. I wasn't worried until that evening when one started looking bad. They were tiny...only 4". I knew they needed to adjust, so I kept watching. By day two, I was feeding babyfood, and force feeding 2wk crix. Temps and lights were all right etc. I kept Leslie informed of everything.

Another friend of mine ordered two of his dragons at the same time. One arrived dead, and the other died within 3 days. Two days later, my first one died. Leslie apologized, and that was it. A few days later, the other one died. So, between two of us, four babies died. And yes, we are experienced.

When I emailed Leslie, he had nothing to offer but his condolences. He said they were fine when shipped, and he didn't know what went wrong, but the animals were no longer guaranteed. He has not responded to any further emails on fixing this problem. So, we are out the dragons, and the money as well.

Leslie has some beautiful babies, but I would caution anyone thinking about buying from him. It is horrible to have an animal die.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
Wilomn
Did you have a necropsy done? Did your friend get one? What kind of experiance do you have?

We need more details if you are expecting anything to come of this other than letting the general public know that this guys dragons may not be the best.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
DragonCharm
Weird, I bought a pair of adult corns from her table at a show recently and they are both very healthy and happy. Was a great price as well, $75 for a pair of adult normal het lavendar.

I would be interested in the details of the necropsy as well.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
DragonCharm
Just noticed that it said they were 4"....

IMO 4" is way too small to sell (especially one that is being shipped).....mine come out of the egg that size and I won't even think about selling them until they are at least 6wks old.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I posted a thread here a few weeks ago reguarding two dragons I had purchesed from LJS. When they arrived, they were warm and ate shortly after they got set up. I wasn't worried until that evening when one started looking bad. They were tiny...only 4". I knew they needed to adjust, so I kept watching. By day two, I was feeding babyfood, and force feeding 2wk crix. Temps and lights were all right etc. I kept Leslie informed of everything.
Sorry to hear about what happened. According to what you said they arrived in good shape and ate shortly upon arrival. Can you better define what you mean by "looking bad". It's kind of difficult to understand how can they be eating OK upon arrival, and a few hours later looking bad. You were already force feeding them the next day?

Old 02-08-2005, 02:04 PM   #6
Wilomn
I'd like to know how you keep them too. What were the hot and cool spots? How much were they handled? What and when did you try to feed them on their own. What and how did you force feed them?

Old 02-09-2005, 03:26 PM   #7
Tere Salazar
I'm the Friend

Hello, all. I'm the friend mentioned in the original post that lost both of my babies purchased from LJS. The first arrived dead in the box, the second at one pinhead cricket in 3 days time and wouldn't drink when misted or move at all. Not looking good, I think, refers to when they just lay there all day not moving or opening their eyes, when you have to touch them to get them to move at all...at least that's what it meant in my situation.

My baby was housed in a 20 gal long by itsself. In the tank were paper towels, basking stump and water and food right next to the basking stump. I used a UVB fluorescent bulb and 100 watt bulb for basking. The cool side temp was 78-80. The warm side ambient temp was 85-89, and the hottest basking temp was 103. Since the baby only moved once to get the pinhead cricket, it stayed on the basking stump at about the 95 degree area. In the food bowl were greens, finely chopped veggies and tiny silkworms.

My personal experience with dragons is that I currently own 24 bearded dragons and 3 frilled dragons, all of which are thriving. I purchased the majority of them as babies under 7", with 5 of them being as small as 2 1/2". The particular dragons that I purchased from LJS were about 2 1/2" long. I do agree that 2 1/2 - 4" is too small to sell a dragon. I know I was told that these dead dragons were 3 weeks old. Maybe his 3 week olds are just really tiny, but I also recently purchased 2 one-week olds that were 4 1/2" when I received them...and they are now a little over 8" at 2 months old. Several of my dragons are now adults, about 1 1/2 years old.

No, I did not get a necropsy done on either dragon. I was told that they were too small.

Hopefully, that gives you a little bit better idea.

Saladragon

Old 02-09-2005, 03:37 PM   #8
Tere Salazar
Oops!

Forgot...

Tere Salazar

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!