Turbo is ticked - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
myrogirl
Turbo is ticked

My daughter wanted to take Turbo for show and tell at preschool. So we did. He did great till I held him and let each kid touch him. Then he bit me. 3 times. Would have been more if I hadnt paid attention and kept my hand from his face. Ive never heard a gecko make noise before today lol

I feel bad. But he's ok now. Back home. And he didnt bite me when I took him out of the carrier......

We wont be doing that again!

Virginia

Old 05-31-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
snakewrangler89
LMAO...that doesn't sound like a very fun experience...Haha how is it being bitten by a gecko in front of a ton of kids? I'd be semi-embarassed...lmao...Greatness!

Old 05-31-2005, 01:31 PM   #3
myrogirl
I didnt really say he was biting me, cuz they are 4-5 yr olds LOL But they were getting worried about his open mouth and hissing or whatever you wanna call that noise!

I was worried bout taking him out when we got home. But he just crawled on my hand like Hey mom.

I have gecko mouth prints on my hand.....

Virginia

Old 05-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
snakewrangler89
lmao...Hes uh trying to speak english kids! I hate that noise they make...MY blizzard used to tdo that all the time...ITs more of a squeak than ahiss...haha

Old 05-31-2005, 01:36 PM   #5
myrogirl
LOL Yea, I was just like: hear that noise? he's really mad While the teacher is laughing and saying: Yea he is! look at his mouth........

It was an interesting experience, one Im not repeating. Next show and tell we'll take a boa or the rabbit LOL

Virginia

Old 05-31-2005, 01:38 PM   #6
snakewrangler89
haha a rabbit...

Old 05-31-2005, 01:43 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
I call is squawking lol if that is even a real word, I have a couple that are fine unless they are touched a little too much and my kids haev learned which ones to ask to hold lol

Old 05-31-2005, 01:45 PM   #8
myrogirl
yea, I think it was just too many pets lol He let me know about it. I told him he doesnt have to go to show and tell anymore! LOL

Virginia

Old 05-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #9
Manhattan Herps
mine make more of a burping noise, haha

but i take a few of them to a school near by for a weekly science program that i teach to 3-6th graders, i bring 3 leos, my beardie and a few snakes, the leos take mealies right out of the kids hands, little pigs that they are..

Old 05-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #10
thesnakecharmer
lol, one of my girls squeaks all the time, my roommates think she sounds like one of the dementors (sp?) from Harry Potter. It is the cutest sound in the world I think! Sorry Turbo bit you, now you know who is boss!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!