Calabar Burrowing Pythons- any experience? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
Khcorn
Calabar Burrowing Pythons- any experience?

Hello all!

I have recently become fascinated with Calabar pythons/west African Burrowing Pythons and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? All that I have read says that the wild caught specimens most often seen in the trade are exceedingly difficult to get started.

I have not gotten any yet as I am just beginning to look into them but does anyone know of someone who is working with them? Can anyone give me some tips or insight?

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
bcr229
Try the Facebook group "Rare and Uncommon Reptile Discussion Group", a few people in it keep them.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
Showbird72
Outback reptiles gets them in frequently and also has had CH babies

Old 02-20-2018, 11:10 PM   #4
Khcorn
Thanks, I have seen that ad a time or too. Still looking into husbandry. I've heard they are difficult, especially feeding.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:09 PM   #5
Showbird72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khcorn View Post
Thanks, I have seen that ad a time or too. Still looking into husbandry. I've heard they are difficult, especially feeding.

Like I said, mike at outback has had cb hatchlings so he could probably help you will care of young and stuff like that.

There’s not much info on them as there not really something that people are looking to breed and people just get WC imports when they can.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!