advice keeping abronia graminea in exo terra - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-30-2017, 10:14 PM   #1
Juniorx657
advice keeping abronia graminea in exo terra

Am currently making a vivarium/terrarium on exo terra 36x18x36 in hopes to keep a pair of abronias. I don't have the option keeping them in screen cages and most care sheets are for people who keep them outside. I like to know how keep them in glass cages, specifically what uvb to use? Night time humidity? What should humidity be threw out the day, I currently have a fogger on a timer.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
midoriku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorx657 View Post
Am currently making a vivarium/terrarium on exo terra 36x18x36 in hopes to keep a pair of abronias. I don't have the option keeping them in screen cages and most care sheets are for people who keep them outside. I like to know how keep them in glass cages, specifically what uvb to use? Night time humidity? What should humidity be threw out the day, I currently have a fogger on a timer.
Here is a decent one I've had bookmarked that uses exoterra brand enclosures. Hope it helps!
https://joshsfrogs.zendesk.com/hc/en...or-my-Abronia-

Old 04-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #3
andrew_john_007
I have done it successfully, but was sure to have a multiple fans for internal air flow as well as turnover of viv air. Josh does his quite well, however I would use DC fans in lieu of AC powered.

The humidity isn't super critical as keeping air flow constant.

"If you feel the temperature is comfortable so will your Abronia" the best advice i received from a breeder

Old 04-19-2018, 10:06 PM   #4
andrew_john_007
btw I have the same exo terra and use a single 36" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Linear Lamp with two 36" Current USA LEDs

Old 10-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
David Reid
I just got a trio of Mexican Alligator Lizards, so I am no expert, but here is what I have noticed about them. They LOVE air movement. I have mine in a large arboreal Vision with extra ventilation. I have a 40 watt heat lamp which they DO use, with a cage temperature of 75 to 80 degrees. I have a UV light too, no water bowl but spray off the enclosure and all the plants 2 times minimum per day. I see them quite a bit, they do not seem to hate getting a little water sprayed on them, but it is room temperature water, probably would not like freezing cold water. I really see them when I turn the fan on. I have a large room fan, that I have pointed towards the cage. I see the plant leaves inside the cage slightly moving around, so know the wind is getting into the cage through the vents. THEY LOVE to climb up on the highest point when the breeze is kicking in. If you don't have some sort of air movement in their cage, especially in an inclosed cage like mine, you should. I have fed them crickets and some meal worms. They love the crickets for sure, but did not eat for a few days as they settled in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
abronia