I’m being INVESTIGATED! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:47 AM   #11
hotlips
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLenaRuth999s View Post
It’s hard to keep track... are we friends with Russia? Lol. (Very mild political humor)
Some more than others, I think?

What a world, getting investigated for saying "Cuban"!

Old 03-31-2018, 02:56 AM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
It’s hard to keep track... are we friends with Russia? Lol. (Very mild political humor)
It appears that some people can be without the media taking notice and finding it politically notable and objectionable....

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/h...mily=editorial

Old 03-31-2018, 08:25 AM   #13
DLenaRuth999s
I know it’s over and done with, but I spent 3 full days feeling very ill-at-ease. So many people think government scrutiny can’t happen to them; well, obviously it can, and for no justifiable reason, and without probable cause.

Here’s something interesting for everyone to think about. Lack of Privacy was a topic of research and discussion in the HS Senior English Seminar I taught last semester. 26 out of 27 students (aged 17-18) said they had no problem/did not care that the government was screening their “data transmissions” because it keeps them safe (not IF, which requires oversight and probable cause, but BECAUSE, which assumes the government is only doing it for the betterment/increased safety of our society.) This is the generation that will be in charge during my twilight years. (I’m 54)
We are so f***** .

Old 03-31-2018, 11:37 AM   #14
hotlips
Quote:
This is the generation that will be in charge during my twilight years....
I agree...those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it. The younger folks are growing up media-savvy, but not always with an appreciation of what "Big Brother" is all about. And if you diminish public education by relaxing standards & siphoning money off to voucher programs, you can be sure there is even less awareness...(now who would do a thing like that? ) And those who don't remember what walls can do* might think that's ok too? *Are you keeping people out...or in? I'm right there with ya...

Old 04-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #15
kudzu
I'm with you on the privacy issue. It is disturbing. Has been disturbing for many years. That isn't a laughing matter. Not in the least.

However, in relation to our reptiles, I'm waiting for the notice telling me my Russian has been expelled.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #16
DLenaRuth999s
If your Russian is a tortoise, at least he can take his home with him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!