Bad Guy Underground Reptiles - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:54 PM   #81
garsik
Yes, go to www.myfwc.com and follow the links. These snakes were delivered by a permitted owner to a licensed facility, using approved containment. There was never a compromise to public safety. Obviously, when I found out that the cobra had left this facility without me being notified, I contacted FWC. Under the circumstances the cobra needed to be removed from my inventory since I did not know where it was. A discussion with the investigator indicated that no venomous regulations were violated. As much as I disagree with the business practices of Underground Reptiles, I am not claiming that captive wildlife laws were broken.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:07 PM   #82
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by garsik View Post
Yes, go to www.myfwc.com and follow the links. These snakes were delivered by a permitted owner to a licensed facility, using approved containment. There was never a compromise to public safety. Obviously, when I found out that the cobra had left this facility without me being notified, I contacted FWC. Under the circumstances the cobra needed to be removed from my inventory since I did not know where it was. A discussion with the investigator indicated that no venomous regulations were violated. As much as I disagree with the business practices of Underground Reptiles, I am not claiming that captive wildlife laws were broken.
Thank you, James.
I was more interested in if there needed to be paperwork of transfer, it seems not.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:44 PM   #83
blueboost68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Besides the transaction protection for the parties involved conferred by written contracts, I am very concerned that these venomous snakes in Florida were able to be transported and dropped off somewhere without any signature or receipt that would tend to show current possession. If there is no receipt it would seem to erase some incentive for personal responsibility for the safety of others.
Very valid point and I agree with you that they should have a chain of custody or documentation in some form.four years ago got a cape COBRA field herping in South Florida someone has to be held accountable.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:41 PM   #84
thamnophis123
The fact that Underground Reptiles has made no attempt to defend itself (other than the apoplectic hyperbole spewed above) speaks volumes.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:18 AM   #85
Lucille
How much more can be said? No contract or agreement was made. Underground had two venomous snakes left there by their owner for months. One was sold, one was at Garsik's request given to a friend of his.
All that remains is for the two to agree on what if anything is owed.
Underground states that the cobra sold for less than the asking price. Garsik has made no offer whatsoever for the boarding fee for either the sold snake or the unsold snake.

I do not think the fact that this transaction has not reached a satisfactory conclusion can be wholly attributed to either of the parties. I think both need to talk to each other and come to an agreement, something that should have been done prior to the snakes being dropped off.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:36 AM   #86
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
To recap in January we told him that we would take the animals as a release. In February he asks for an offer. He did speak to someone in January and we told him we could not give anything, and that we were simply trying to help him out, so that he could fall in line with the change that FWC made.
Quote:
I was not in any dire need and just wanted a smaller collection to better fit in a different room .
Underground can you specify what change you were referring to?

Old 04-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #87
Robert Walker
Quote:
How much more can be said? No contract or agreement was made. Underground had two venomous snakes left there by their owner for months. One was sold, one was at Garsik's request given to a friend of his.
All that remains is for the two to agree on what if anything is owed.
Underground states that the cobra sold for less than the asking price. Garsik has made no offer whatsoever for the boarding fee for either the sold snake or the unsold snake.

I do not think the fact that this transaction has not reached a satisfactory conclusion can be wholly attributed to either of the parties. I think both need to talk to each other and come to an agreement, something that should have been done prior to the snakes being dropped off.
^^^ This.

Quote:
I received no compensation.
What amount of compensation do you think is fair then?
They offered you $100, you declined that offer.
As with most negotiations, it is now your turn to counteroffer.
You both need to agree on a figure or call it a wash and simply move on. In the future hopefully both groups have learned a lesson and will put things in writing moving forward.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:44 AM   #88
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post

You both need to agree on a figure or call it a wash and simply move on. In the future hopefully both groups have learned a lesson and will put things in writing moving forward.

Quote:
Underground can you specify what change you were referring to?
I did read a number of containment specifications in the Florida Administrative Code 68A-6007 but of course there is no way to say for sure whether Garsik's move to a different room was because of those.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:50 PM   #89
thamnophis123
One is a business that deals with herp transactions daily. The other is just some guy. I cant believe you guys dont hold the professionals to a higher standard than the guy on the street.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!