Please Help! New Water Monitor Problems! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-06-2017, 12:11 AM   #1
MistyDSnakes
Exclamation Please Help! New Water Monitor Problems!

Hello all, about 2 days ago, I received 2 baby asian water monitors from an online reptile shop. One of the 2 looks great, is plump, active and chomps down on the food I provide. The other one on the other hand, looks very skinny, is very lazy and not so energetic and will not accept any food I offer which includes crickets, pinky mice, eggs, etc... I have reached out to the store I bought from numerous times via email and phone earlier today. All that they tell me is that the animal is either stressed or sick(well DUH!). They also blame my temperatures and humidity levels. I am not knew to the reptile hobby, my humidity and temp levels are high and where recommended for this species. One of the 2 looks great, the other one certainly didn't get this skinny by not eating crickets these past 2 days. There are hides, etc and the animal does not appear stressed, but rather sick. Tomorrow I will be posting pictures to this post, but for now it is bothering me and I am very upset. Can anyone help me with any tips or solutions, things I can try? I am thinking the poor lizard has parasites but am not certain. I have made a vet appointment but any ideas before then would be great, thank you all!

Old 10-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
Edwardo
I would be wondering why they sent me a visually thin/skinny lizard to begin with?

Reputable sellers usually don't do that.

How about a replacement animal or a refund from them.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #3
MistyDSnakes
Good Evening, I feel the same exact way. I will never buy from this place again. I have been purchasing since 2012 here and never had an issue until now. I've since had the animal treated by a Veterinarian and she seems to be on the uphill, hopefully this continues. It cost me money which it shouldn't have but I wasn't going to sit and watch an animal basically starve to death. Through numerous contacts with the sellers, they questioned my husbandry, the foods I was offering, stress etc. I sent them all the photos they asked for, was as respectful as I could be and assured them I was not an inexperienced keeper. In the end, the store manager stated that he spoke to the owner and all they could say was "if the animal passes, we'd be more than happy to send you a replacement WITH YOUR NEXT ORDER." That was my final straw with this company. It was www.undergroundreptiles.com should anyone want to know. As you can tell, still frustrated to this day not only about the nerve of them to charge someone and then box an animal lile that, but more so the management and overall customer service.. lack thereof.. Way too much time, way too many emails and zero satisfaction. At this point though, it is what it is and lesson definitely learned.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:26 AM   #4
bcr229
Naming the seller is appropriate in the Board of Inquiry. Also if you had checked there you would see that your experience is not unusual.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
stevevargas
Try to get a hold of a PowerSun :
https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Power...un+uv+100+watt

Also Parazap - look for a good parasite remedy for reptiles. get live pinkies..those 3 things can pull these guys out of it ..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!