Bad Guy Dan Costello - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #61
JumpSpidersInc
Dennis, thank you for finding that. Guess we can write him off now.

Most parents would do anything for their kids, including covering for them if the child gets in trouble. Stories such as this are not uncommon at all. At the time of Daniel's dad posting in Facebook, there was nothing else to be found about Daniel's passing, which DID look suspicious.

We as a whole hate scammers, and in our eagerness to "finalize" the truth, will sometimes jump the gun and this is what happens.

The End.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #62
WebSlave
So since the report appears to be actually true, I have to confess that I hope that it was the money he allegedly scammed his last victim out of (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=519705) that provided the money for the drugs he overdosed on. If that were the case, it would be a fitting and just end, in my opinion. Karma working at it's absolute best.

Yeah sounds kind of cold of me, but I'm not really fond of people who scam other people and wish them the very worst that life has to offer when the chickens finally come home to roost on them.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:50 PM   #63
Dennis Hultman
When I was searching around and found the obituary I also found this older news report.

Quote:
Police log: Racial incident at school

Posted: 03/13/09, 12:01 AM EDT |
# Comments

Towamencin Police responded to North Penn High School on March 10 at 5:11 p.m. for a reported disturbance involving evening class students.

Reportedly, Daniel Josiah Costello, 18, of the unit block of Mt. Vernon Street, Lansdale, had yelled racial slurs and threw a chair at a minority student, police said.

No injuries were reported.
Advertisement

Police said Costello was charged with simple assault, ethnic intimidation, harassment, and disorderly conduct.

He was arraigned by District Judge Zaffarano and released on $10,000 unsecured bail, police said.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #64
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
I also found this older news report.
I'd also found a newer one. While I'm sure it sucks for those who managed to convince themselves that the guy was worth caring about, this doesn't seem like any kind of lamentable loss for the rest of society. While I'd suspect that the drugs will get all the credit for why he ended up the way he did, this kid just seems like someone who was born without any sense of act-right.

http://patch.com/pennsylvania/lansda...-drive-through
Quote:
Gun Spotted in Man's Car at Wendy's Drive-Thru, Cops Say

Upper Gwynedd Township Police said Daniel J. Costello, of West Mount Vernon Street, allegedly brandished a handgun while at the pick-up window at S. Broad Street and White's Road

By Tony Di Domizio (Patch Staff) February 13, 2013 at 4:31am
Gun Spotted in Man's Car at Wendy's Drive-Thru, Cops Say

Upper Gwynedd Township Police have arrested a Lansdale man for allegedly brandishing a firearm in the drive-thru of Wendy's at South Broad Street and White's Road.

Daniel J. Costello, 22, of West Mount Vernon Street, was charged Sunday with felony carrying a firearm without a license, misdemeanor terroristic threats that caused a serious public inconvenience and disorderly conduct, according to court records.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #65
Dennis Hultman
Yeah, found that one as well but Robert already posted a link to it in post #30.

I feel bad for Mr. Dombrowski knowing there is no chance for him to get his funds back.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #66
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Yeah, found that one as well but Robert already posted a link to it in post #30.

I feel bad for Mr. Dombrowski knowing there is no chance for him to get his funds back.
Oops. Not sure how I managed to miss it being posted earlier.

If Mr. Dombrowski is the calloused type, maybe he can at least get some satisfaction out of thinking that it may have been his money that paid for Costello's final fix.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:54 PM   #67
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
If Mr. Dombrowski is the calloused type, maybe he can at least get some satisfaction out of thinking that it may have been his money that paid for Costello's final fix.
If I did Faceplant Book, I'd post this thread on their page along with the criminal reports!

Old 02-15-2015, 08:39 PM   #68
freedumbdclxvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Castro View Post
If I did Faceplant Book, I'd post this thread on their page along with the criminal reports!
That's a bit much. It's one thing to have no sympathy for a scammer. It's another to screw woth a grieving family.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:17 AM   #69
Snake-Queen
I am a cold when it comes to guys like Dan. He got his just desserts.

It would serve no purpose to torment his family at this point.

(yes, I know it was supposition)

Old 02-16-2015, 12:31 AM   #70
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

If he watches the 'Public Notices' section of the newspaper(s) of record, he may find one for debtors to make a claim against Dan's estate - assuming there is one. We had to post such a notice when my mom died.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!