Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 107 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #1061
Kristi23
Mindy, you need to move on from this post. People will continue to reply and it's fine. You don't need to come back being defensive or upset. If someone asks a real question, answer it. If not, just leave it alone. The thread will eventually die. But every time you come back and complain about it will just get everyone talking again. Let it go. Continue to do the right thing and your reputation should improve. Coming back to complain does not help you at all.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #1062
Lucille
Brand.

Your brand is your most valuable intangible asset. What do people think of, when they think of MJC Serpents?
You want people to have positive thoughts.

From time to time in any company, there are disasters which can translate into public relations disasters. Disasters that need to be handled quickly and thoroughly.
Around 30 years ago, the textbook, most famous brand challenge and recovery ever occurred when several people died after taking cyanide laced Tylenol capsules. Johnson and Johnson was faced with a massive task: how to handle the tragedy.
They chose to take a famously ethical path, working quickly and transparently, spending tens of millions getting Tylenol off the shelves, funding investigations, cooperating with groups, inviting the press to see their efforts. Instead of spending time covering up or making excuses, they went all out doing whatever they thought would protect consumers and whatever they thought would further the investigation.
It was a very, very expensive setback for them. But after it was over, they were not destroyed as a brand. Consumer confidence naturally took a plunge at the time, but as Johnson and Johnson made every move with their consumers and consumer safety in mind, a disaster which could have been the demise of the company slowly saw consumer confidence return.

Putting the customers first
Spending whatever it took
Transparent
Building trust after a disaster through hard work

They did not
Complain about how hard it was for them
Spend time talking about their expenses
Expect an immediate comeback

Sometimes, the lessons of the past can be valuable lessons.
If I were to advise anyone interested in the survival of the MJC Serpent brand,
I would suggest that ANY posts ANYWHERE by the brand be dissected carefully prior to the hitting of any 'submit reply' key.

EVERY post needs to do something for the consumer.

Put the customers first
Spend whatever it takes
Be Transparent
Build trust after this disaster through hard work

Do not
Complain about how hard it was for you
Spend time talking about expenses
Expect an immediate comeback

Many have shown a willingness to give a second chance here. That is not an entitlement, not is it a finish line for this thread. Quite the opposite, it is an invitation to rebuild your brand through hard work. Or not.

Choose.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #1063
BillZ
Seems that Mindy has been fired from the store Andy owns and they attribute a loss of $6k to having had hired her and possibly this Fauna thread. Appears there are concerns with regards to this post and other questionable husbandry practices, not to mention that they seem to imply she may be the reason for short tills on her work days and at least one missing item.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2015, 01:39 PM   #1064
BillZ
And some newer comments in regards to her Quarantine practices. I believe some will conflict with the answers that were given earlier in this thread.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #1065
lillyorchid
Sad to say that I am not surprised at all by reading this. I hope the store thrives now with better people and better practices under their belt. Some good lessons are learned the hard way.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #1066
Pink Lady Exotics
Andy messaged me about this back in February.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2015, 06:59 PM   #1067
Pink Lady Exotics
Someone also alerted me the other day to this video of her tormenting and dropping a Dekay's brown snake.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...452979773&_rdr

I'm extremely disappointed. I had thought Mindy had learned and found her way onto the right path.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #1068
Lucille
That poor snake must live a life of horror

Old 05-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #1069
Pink Lady Exotics
Also, was this one ever mentioned?
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2015, 07:56 PM   #1070
BillZ
Those are new to me. I wish the one that states "buying from a pet store is a no" was posted while she was "working in a pet store selling snakes" . There is a whole lot more on some FB posts. Her blind followers are starting to see the light.
Not to mention that she gets another snake from the place that she got the IBD one from (as she stated earlier in this thread I believe) and this one also dies, on the way home, and its never mentioned here? Or did I miss something?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!