ATTENTION!! Animals STOLEN from my facility! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
Brandon Osborne
ATTENTION!! Animals STOLEN from my facility!

We had someone break into our building last night and take several animals, one being our icon Pewter Pied female. We have a good indication of who this scumbag is but we are not authorized to say names yet. As funny as this may sound, I'm trying to keep this low profile on facebook because I'm 99.9% certain they do not visit the actual snake forums such as this one. It is my belief these people really didn't know what they were looking for other than the Pewter Pied and Pied stuff. There were much more valuable animals in the same racks and they skipped over them. Both I believe are under the age of 18.

Here are the animals taken.

2011 Albino Carpet Male

2010 Pewter Pied Female

2009 Pewter het Pied Female

2012 Vanishing Sterling Male

2005 Pied Female

2011 Pied Female not the best pic but a start.

2013 Pastel 66% het VPI Male

2013 Pewter Savannah Male

2013 Genetic Banded Albino Male no pic.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Thanks
Brandon Osborne
pied9000 at yahoo dot com

Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Osborne View Post
As funny as this may sound, I'm trying to keep this low profile on facebook because I'm 99.9% certain they do not visit the actual snake forums such as this one.
Does this mean you expect the miscreants to try to sell these animals using the FB groups?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
Brandon Osborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Does this mean you expect the miscreants to try to sell these animals using the FB groups?
Quite possibly. From what I have gathered, this kid is a petty criminal and very stupid. I don't expect to see the adults for sale, but the babies....yes.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Reptile Frenzy
That totally sucks man. Only problem is even if they breed the females and produce babies then sell them there is no way to tell if they are yours or not even though you know better. There would be no legal action taken unless the police had a warrant to search their place for the snakes. By then they could be anywhere. Idk I wish you the best of luck at settling this my reaction to it wouldnt be so "calm"... a visit would be paid...

Old 09-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
that sucks Brandon. I'd suggest also posting this in the 'police blotter'* section of fauna as some that don't regularly read the BP forums might miss it but still be able to keep an eye on FB and Craigslist for you. I hope you're able to catch these guys and recover your animals!

link to police blotter forum: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=627

mod hat on - I know it's a crappy situation but please refrain from name-calling, thanks.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
PlatinumRosePythons
Wow, that sucks! Have you notified the police?

Old 09-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
SERPENTS DEN
Wow Brandon, sorry to hear this and I hope the culprit is caught and prosecuted.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #8
ShadowAceD
Any groups in particular we should pay attention to, Brandon?

Old 09-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Post this on reddit, too!

Old 09-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #10
CornNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Frenzy View Post
...Only problem is even if they breed the females and produce babies then sell them there is no way to tell if they are yours or not even though you know better. There would be no legal action taken unless the police had a warrant to search their place for the snakes...
In theory if you archived a shed skin from each snake genetic testing could identify it's offspring.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread