An Awful Adoption Experience - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #51
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRaichu View Post
how about my job, is that enough? I worked at petsmart for 2 1/2 years and in that time frame I've worked there it got recalled 3 times. A few months ago it was the one of the puppy formulas.
ill trust your judgement on that, do you know if it was voluntary or not?

Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #52
SilverRaichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenglock View Post
Again, there is no way the rescue will find a perfect match for their animals, but it doesnt hurt to try! I dont understand why people fight with rescues think its their god given right to adopt an animal because its not, some people are not meant to own animals, and the horror stories (and experiences) ive encountered only prove this. We are all in the same boat here, we are all trying to find good homes for pets both adopters and rescuers..
There is no way, but they act like theyre out there. So your saying that if a dog and a person are not a 100% match for each other and thats its only 90% or 95% then NOT GOOD ENOUGH NO DOG FOR YOU! thats how it is?
So the dog has to spend half or more of its life in foster care in no one else is good enough, mr. perfect hasnt arrived yet?
people fight with rescues not because of some 'god given right' you think we think we have, but because they preach "adopt a pet!" to everyone and when we try we get shot down for stupid things.

Look at the people who have responded to my thread. Like me we've been victimized by rescue and you can clearly see we're nothing less then good pet owners. If you can justify the rescue's reasons for what they did to these people well then I think my point has been made.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #53
SilverRaichu
Quote:
ill trust your judgement on that, do you know if it was voluntary or not?
the most recent one was, not sure about the other two. Apparently the factory near where they distribute had a salmonella issue and Wellness recalled to be safe but they only recalled the one formula which I believe now is back on the shelf

Old 11-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #54
hadenglock
Quote:
There is no way, but they act like theyre out there. So your saying that if a dog and a person are not a 100% match for each other and thats its only 90% or 95% then NOT GOOD ENOUGH NO DOG FOR YOU! thats how it is?
So the dog has to spend half or more of its life in foster care in no one else is good enough, mr. perfect hasnt arrived yet?
people fight with rescues not because of some 'god given right' you think we think we have, but because they preach "adopt a pet!" to everyone and when we try we get shot down for stupid things.

Look at the people who have responded to my thread. Like me we've been victimized by rescue and you can clearly see we're nothing less then good pet owners. If you can justify the rescue's reasons for what they did to these people well then I think my point has been made.
Idk how clear i can be on this so ill say it again, I DONT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING CERTAIN RESCUES REQUIRE FOR ADOPTION, im sorry you couldnt adopt the dog you fell for, but obviously there was something on your application they didnt agree with, im only stating the facts, stop taking things so personally! Rescues exist because they have adopters and supporters, i would think if a rescue was truly just "out to get you" then they wouldnt be in business, so that means there are people out there who are approvable through there adoption process, JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDNT MEET THERE REQUIREMENTS DOESNT MEAN YOUR A BAD PET OWNER, IT ONLY MEANS YOU DIDNT MEET THEIR STANDARDS, so try a different rescue!!!! its that simple!!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #55
hadenglock
Quote:
the most recent one was, not sure about the other two. Apparently the factory near where they distribute had a salmonella issue and Wellness recalled to be safe but they only recalled the one formula which I believe now is back on the shelf
yeah i just found that out, ill check in on the other recalls too then.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #56
SilverRaichu
Quote:
Idk how clear i can be on this so ill say it again, I DONT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING CERTAIN RESCUES REQUIRE FOR ADOPTION, im sorry you couldnt adopt the dog you fell for, but obviously there was something on your application they didnt agree with, im only stating the facts, stop taking things so personally! Rescues exist because they have adopters and supporters, i would think if a rescue was truly just "out to get you" then they wouldnt be in business, so that means there are people out there who are approvable through there adoption process, JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDNT MEET THERE REQUIREMENTS DOESNT MEAN YOUR A BAD PET OWNER, IT ONLY MEANS YOU DIDNT MEET THEIR STANDARDS, so try a different rescue!!!! its that simple!!
No, it isnt that simple, like the rescues looking for the right matches for their dog, I am looking for the right match for me, though I feel my standards arent as high as these rescues, its not like I walked into a shelter and had a bunch of border collies to pick from.

and as for the rescue, i thought i made this clear but maybe i didnt,
i was declined me because of the distance. When I contacted them I asked them to reconsider my application. They said they were interested in adopting the dog to me then made to effort to contact me.

if you are right and there is something else wrong with my application, then an explanation would of been nice so i can fix it.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #57
leaveittoweaver
Quote:
With so many homeless dogs, rescues need to lower their standards a little because it's out of control. I mean honestly, a lot of rescues are just so elitist. I want to adopt a greyhound when I rent a place that allows dogs and I'm scared to death I'll get turned down for whatever stupid reason.

Honestly I think a lot of people who "rescue" do it because it's an ego boost, and it makes them feel good about themselves. I swear these people get on an elitist bandwagon and go on power trips together turning down great homes for not painting their house the right color.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #58
ShadowAceD
Where do you have evidence that Blue Buffalo and Diamond Brand are the same thing? Because that's crap.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #59
leaveittoweaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Where do you have evidence that Blue Buffalo and Diamond Brand are the same thing? Because that's crap.
Yeah, definitely crap. I work for a holistic pet store and talk to reps all the time.

Blue Buffalo may utilize Diamond's factories(although I doubt it, Nutrisource actually claims to produce 45% of Blue Buffalo's food), but they are not the same food or the same companny.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #60
SilverRaichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaveittoweaver View Post
Yeah, definitely crap. I work for a holistic pet store and talk to reps all the time.

Blue Buffalo may utilize Diamond's factories(although I doubt it, Nutrisource actually claims to produce 45% of Blue Buffalo's food), but they are not the same food or the same companny.
we've had Blue Buffalo reps come to my job to speak to us and I dont recall every hearing they were being distributed by Diamond

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!