An Awful Adoption Experience - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #61
ShadowAceD
Blue Buffalo has had two recalls, and both were voluntary.

One was for possible melamine tainted wet food in 2007 manfactured in a factory not associated with the dry food factory (ingredients BB did not approve were being added to the food) and the other was for the dry dog food for possible excessive Vitamin in 2010/11.

So, unless there is a massive conspiracy covering up for Blue Buffalo, cite your sources.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #62
leaveittoweaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRaichu View Post
we've had Blue Buffalo reps come to my job to speak to us and I dont recall every hearing they were being distributed by Diamond
I'm not saying they are, I'm just saying it's possible but I highly doubt it. I'm saying they are definitely not the same company regardless.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #63
ShadowAceD
I wasn't referring to you. Lol Sorry.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #64
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaveittoweaver View Post
With so many homeless dogs, rescues need to lower their standards a little because it's out of control. I mean honestly, a lot of rescues are just so elitist. I want to adopt a greyhound when I rent a place that allows dogs and I'm scared to death I'll get turned down for whatever stupid reason.

Honestly I think a lot of people who "rescue" do it because it's an ego boost, and it makes them feel good about themselves. I swear these people get on an elitist bandwagon and go on power trips together turning down great homes for not painting their house the right color.
Exactly. Perhaps you can just bypass rescues altogether when you are ready to adopt. If you are interested in a certain breed, there are plenty of purebreds in kill shelters, and as well, plenty on places such as Craigslist.
I'm fairly confident that unless you want an extremely rare breed, that three or four weeks of checking shelters and CL every day will bring up at least a few of whatever dog you are seeking.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #65
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRaichu View Post
No, it isnt that simple, like the rescues looking for the right matches for their dog, I am looking for the right match for me, though I feel my standards arent as high as these rescues, its not like I walked into a shelter and had a bunch of border collies to pick from.

and as for the rescue, i thought i made this clear but maybe i didnt,
i was declined me because of the distance. When I contacted them I asked them to reconsider my application. They said they were interested in adopting the dog to me then made to effort to contact me.

if you are right and there is something else wrong with my application, then an explanation would of been nice so i can fix it.
Once more ill say it....i dont agree with the reason why you were turned down for your application, what they did was wrong, but you cant go on bashing all rescues because you had a bad experience.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #66
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenglock View Post
Once more ill say it....i dont agree with the reason why you were turned down for your application, what they did was wrong, but you cant go on bashing all rescues because you had a bad experience.
We are a group of people discussing the dark side of rescue, nothing wrong with that. There are some good rescues out there. But the ones that are on ego trips seem to be growing in number at the very time that homeless dogs are growing in number.

It may simply be easier to find a dog ones self from a kill shelter than to go through the hassle of finding a rescue group that wants to adopt as opposed to not adopt.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #67
Shadera
Quote:
No one's bashing all rescues. We're relating personal experiences with rescues we've come in contact with, and lamenting the fact that more rescues seem to be adopting the same adoption policies.

You're the one who kicked in the door on a personal crusade.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #68
ShadowAceD
Quote:
WHY wouldnt the rescuers rules not be whats best for the animal?? I understand some rescues have outrageous demands, but some people abide by them, THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO ADOPT FROM THEM, FIND ANOTHER RESCUE THAT WILL WORK FOR YOU!!!
I do not think you get it.

People spend hours, days, weeks, months searching for the perfect dog for them. They fall in love with this animal and they want this animal and they want to provide the perfect home for them only to be denied for some stupid, unrealistic reason.

So, the person should just shrug and let it go? Move on to another rescue and spend more time only to risk heartache again? Do you know how crappy it makes a person feel to be denied a dog from a rescue? It makes you wonder what the heck you are doing wrong.

How is that fair?

The point being made isthere are rescues are sabotaging their animals' chances of getting out of rescue sooner. They are choosing to make the process far too complicated. This is a growing trend. I posted a good experience with a rescue earlier, I do not know if you saw that. But if a rescue had the best in mind for the dog, they would stop denying people over written words on a piece of paper or refusal to let a stranger come into their home and see their house.

Do you know how quickly I'd probably be denied if they found out I have 20+ boa constrictors? JUST because they are snakes?

There is clear bias, discrimination and snobbery evident in the "rescue system" at this point and it is only getting worse.

Maybe instead of having a stance where they seem to assume the worse in people, they should realize that the person willing to spend 150.00 - 350.00 on their adoption fees really gives a damn about the dog and wants it and will provide for it.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #69
SilverRaichu
Quote:
I am not bashing any rescue, I am sharing my story my feelings and not sugar coating a word of it. There is a big problem here and I am for once not holding back what I'm experiencing and I am happy I did.

Rescue, what should be a rewarding experience has become a stressful battle only to fall and get kicked while your down.

It is a shame.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #70
SilverRaichu
Quote:

While i agree with your point, i still think its important to know that food allergies are always a concern for pets. What if the you were trying to adopt a dog that had proven food allergies? wouldnt it be important for the rescue to at least try to assume you would feed him the right food?
I know this is irrelevant now but wouldn't the proper thing for a rescue to do to clearly state the dogs allergies, state what food he is one and list all the foods that is safe for him and allow the new owners to choose the proper food for the dog and to suit their budget?
While suggestions are appropriate and I think recommended, to asked a potential new owner what they plan to feed a dog that may have allergies and needs special food seems like a set up
"Oh this dog you want has allergies towards grains and you want to feed him that? NO DOG FOR YOU"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!