my 50 new girl bp's du no no. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #11
fish21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssscales
Great start you have there Matt! We'll have to get you some nice males to go with those girls at Daytona this year!

i plan on picking up 2 pied males 2 carmels 1butter 1lesser 1 stripe and about 3 spiders to put with them. if any one out there big breeder to small hobbyest has any of that come up for sale just let me know i am sure we can work out a great deal.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
MiamiExotics
What kind of substrate is that, looks like fine cut something? I use paper with that many....dump, spray clean, wipe, done.....

Old 02-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #13
Lauren Summey
What a great setup! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #14
fish21
sani chips. they are actually easyer to clean then paper. no cutting to size. just dump when dirty and replinish. and the balls seem to enjoy it more.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #15
fish21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summey
What a great setup! Thanks for sharing the pics.

no problem. pleanty of more pics to come in the future. i am a pic junky

Old 02-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #16
fish21
specks for the racks. i have gotten about 50 emails asking for them so i will just post them here.

Here are the materials needed:
4ft X 15" Melamine Shelving bought from Home Depot or Lowes X's 10 pieces pre-cut (Being the 2 sides and 8 shelves) $100.00 pre-cut or cheaper if you buy a large piece and cut it yourself. I still need to add the top shelf to mine!

1-1/2 wood screws X's 32 = 2 screws per side of shelf = $5.00 for a case of 50 screws at Home Depot or Lowes

Elmers Wood Glue to glue each shelf before screwing together = $3.00

Silicone to seal the edges of each shelf = $2.00 (not required, but helps seal the rack to last longer).

Helix DBS 1000 Thermostat = $125.00
3" Flexwatt = 28ft = $60.00

12qt Sterilite tubs X 28 = $70.00 at Wal-Mart

Total cost about $365.00 for everything! Including Tubs, heat and Helix! You could get a cheaper thermostat and save $50-$60, but I decided to go with Helix.

This rack holds 28 12qt Sterilite tubs or 14 28qt Sterilite tubs or a mixture of the two tubs. This rack size is great, because as they grow you can transition them over to the 28qt tubs and still use the same rack! Each rack took less than 1hr to assemble and that includes the beer breaks!

I plan on building two more of these racks as time goes on to accommodate 56 28qt tubs. Eventually, when needed, I will build some racks similar to these to house Iris CB70 tubs for the larger girls. These Sterilite racks will for future babies and yearling BP's.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #17
snakebiteAZ1
Everything

Looks nice!!! Good Luck, i am having my first year of females ready to breed, So hope everything does as good as my Boas are this year... Mike

Old 02-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #18
RJK890
Congrats.

Hey Matt,
What an awsome set-up! Those are beautiful girls you have and I wish you the best of luck with your new project.
Rob.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #19
Melinda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Unless you have some two year olds in there that I didn't see I think you may be mistaken on any of them being ready to breed by next Feb. Those all look like late 06' babies in the pics you posted. You might have SOME 06' babies ready to go in Feb of 08, but that will be a stretch.

I got 15 baby girls in May 03'. All had the same exact feeding schedule, same exact husbandry. Three went in 06' for me~ Seven more I think will for me here in 07'. I sold off two that were getting close to size and are probably going for their new owners in 07'. The last three were not up to breeding size still this year and I know their new owners are hoping for next year out of them.

I used to keep a monthly chart to show their weight gain but let it lapse when some became gravid last year (as that would throw the numbers off from what I was trying to track) You can see what I have here:
Averages
and
actual individual weights

Good luck!
Yep, my early 05 girls are not up to size for breeding this season. Just over 1000 grams, fed weekly.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #20
fish21
if they are not ready to go that is more than cool with me. i just want to wait till they are good and ready.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!