From Closet to Cage..question about DOORS? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 11-22-2004, 02:37 AM   #1
akmedic
Question From Closet to Cage..question about DOORS?

I'm considering converting the closet in my "reptile room" into one large cage for one of my bigger boas.. I could easily install the lighting, shelves for basking, etc... but any ideas on what I could do for the doors??? I've taken the original wooden closet doors off, as they won't really work well.. I'd like to used something like glass patio doors, any ideas?
Thanks!
~Ginny

Old 11-22-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
snakebiteAZ1
closet cages!!!

been there done that LOL!!! i used a door from a set of french doors, or you could use a full view storm door, i like the french doors though because they were wood, i had an enclosure for my water monitor in an unused closet, it measured 5 feet wide and floor to ceiling with lots of climbing branches and a small water pond in the bottom.. It was in my front room, and everyone who came in always commented on it.. Good luck and if you have any questions just ask.. Mike at Leonard's Lair

Old 11-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
jmkhet
That would be pretty sweet, but id be worried about warping the wood inside the closet with heat and humidity.Good luck man

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!